[1.1.9.6-1.2] Forcewace Trauma Witchblade: All Celestials + SR90 - 1 million damage internal trauma crits

Probably not, Callidor is very low weapon damage + you’d miss on the total damage modifier from Vanquisher.

Maybe ring of steel with dual Chillheart. Or cold bone harvest Oppressor/Reaper

1 Like

Hmm, good point. I thought callidor had a two-hander with a big WD bonus, but I guess I was thinking of Screaming Veil which is only 35% and is aether. Oh well.

This (after some minmaxing) should have some of the best single hit direct dmg + DoTs in the game Witch Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (provided all debuffs can be applied first which is a chore to set up on a witch hunter)

4 Likes

The highest I was able to get with Frostburn were Conduit cold Primal strike and Blitz

Neither of which came close

Edit: And Shadow Strike

1 Like

Such a great build, but an even better leveling guide.

3 Likes

Since 1.1.9.7 dropped, I can share my new toy in the “Massive DoT” category:

20221210135723_1
20221210135729_1
20221210135736_1

It’s your basic Deathguard build, but with a focus on maximizing poison damage.

Much lower DoT than the title build of course, but it has 2 sources on a 1.4 second cooldown each
Plus, it deals with mobs easily and sustain is not half bad. :slight_smile:

Clears SR75 sorta easily (gotta be very careful) and just steamrolls anything in campaign.

7 Likes

Love it. I have an old, OLD SS Reaper I never play that I’ll convert to this.

Have you tried it with the 1.1.9.7 changes to Master of Death? You’d lose out on skill modifiers from the medal but gain ~300 OA–which we know is great for DOTs–and ~200 DA. Or are those bonuses and Harbinger of Souls better because of such short cooldowns on SS and BH, and the general smoothness higher attack speed brings?

1 Like

I don’t know, I’d have to try both to compare.

This build is just thrown together, mostly to test the changes to Deathguard set. It probably has a lot of room for improvement. :slightly_smiling_face:

What made me go for Harbinger is the flat vitality damage that’s all converted to poison.

1 Like

Nice build here !
I followed it and struggled a bit on the aoe side of things (Bull Rush doesnt proc that much on the curse) so I went for 1pt in Bloody Pox bound to Blind Fury and it goes meatgrinder mode, very satisfying

3 Likes

I totally forgot that Harbinger adds flat Vitality Decay. That’s probably better as it’s a similar concept to how you stacked all that poison on your Aegis build. And with the low CDs of SS and BH you’re bound to get a crit sooner than later without the added OA from Master of Death.

Tbh I’m a sucker for AA melee builds so I just think of Harbinger as adding lifesteal and attack speed haha.

1 Like

Added bonus hardcore battlemage version, thoroughly tested in Season 4 of the Grim League.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip - tried this on a totally different build and its indeed awesome

First of all i want to say good job for creating this build Crab. The build is op but i have to exit to main menu very often because of the reflect i get from mobs i guess?
I use health potion and dregs blood and still the dot kills me if i don’t quit. I’m still missing the medal,belt and gloves from the build. Where does that damage comes from is my question because i’m not sure and it’s annoying. Thanks.

Well, the damage comes from… reflect. You deal IT damage, which is a) DoT; b) hard to resist because it’s physical, unlike e.g., poison which is not that scary to be reflected because you’re likely to have capped poison resistance. If you don’t have 2 titan plating in your gear, you should simply skip reflective mobs.

1 Like

That’s what i thought also but wasn’t sure. I have 2 titan plating + blood of dreeg + health potion but the dot is still too much… the other thing is i don’t know which moobs are reflective. Been farming the belt but only crap ones so far, the drop rate for that specific one is so low.

You don’t need this exact belt, of supremancy is important to max forcewave and you need some acid&poison res to have this resistance maxed. So take one that provide both. You will likely need to adjust some attribute points, but it should be nothing build breaking.

Btw, the medal also provides a bit of reflected damage reduction. And as the difference should be between 80% and 90% reduction, you likely get two times the reflected damage of the build presented here. As option for now, you could think about using the faction augments for rings and amulet to increase your reflected damage reduction to more relaxed level (e.g. Kymon’s Fury)

1 Like

Thanks, i will do that, gonna try with the augments and hopefully the medal will drop soon.

Hero mobs will have the “Reflective” tag next to their name.

Also:

Reflective – periodically creates a shield around itself which reflects a portion of all damage taken (from Guide – Gameplay – Monsters – Grim Dawn)

2 Likes

Octavius got nerfed hard for this build, so I changed the helm. Also made some other minor improvements and added a couple videos of boss fights in 1.2.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for sharing the build.

I was wondering which factions should I side with?

Death vigil or Kymon?
Outcast or Black Legion?
Coven of Ugdenbog or Barrowholm?

I need to chose wisely cause im only leveling in one difficulty (ultimate).

Thanks in advance for the answer!