[1.1.9.6-1.2] Forcewace Trauma Witchblade: All Celestials + SR90 - 1 million damage internal trauma crits

I thought about going sentinel, but the gear lined up so well for Dervish: I was getting +6-7 to Merciless repertoire with gear I was planning to use anyway, and the only way to get more flat poison out of Occultist would be to convert damage from Second rite, but everything that boosts second rite doesn’t add acid/poison damage.

It’s definitely worth a try though, I agree

This is a mechanics question but I’m trying to replicate this and it made me think of it: does Assassin’s Mark apply to the instance that applies it? Or is it just subsequent attacks? I know that pseudo-DOTs will apply the RR to subsequent ticks but this is a true DOT and as Assassin’s Mark applies on critical attacks the initial DOT is already a critical so it’s difficult to tell.

1 Like

Sentinel does work better, despite the damage being a bit lower.

20220727220005_1

And that 1 point DEE turns out to be decent damage on its own (considering all the buffs that it gets), and a great devotion proccer as well.

I also removed the points from Affliction, as they weren’t contributing THAT much. but I’m pondering where to put them… I need health

I’m also wondering, as I have RR on AoM and I’m wondering if I’m not better off putting it on something else because of that.

2 Likes

To explore this a bit more, does DA reduction from the Blitz modifier Blindside occur in the instance, as well? This leads me to wonder if all skills that include an effect other than damage apply before the damage instance occurs.

1 Like

how the first 5 nodes of Wendigo (a bit damage, a bit phyiscal res, a bit health)?

1 Like

I believe that’s how it works. I checked a while ago with OFF fire res reduction while wielding dual warpfire to make it fire damage.

2 Likes

Turtle devo, remove blue crossroads, get one more Abomination node.

1 Like

Not obvious at all =) Still, apparently someone figured this back in 2019!

Not sure why it wasn’t made widely known, but hey, hats off to you @tqFan and @John_Smith for this discovery.

2 Likes

Cold / Lightning Forcewave memes now please using the same axe and shield.

2 Likes

Shhh it’s an untested meme build

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

My guess is that the number of instances where you actually can stack more than one of those bonus is very small. (or of insignificant value, like 10-20%)

Dual Chillheart, The build above, Vanquisher + Transmuter, DEE Transmuter + Ember’s calling… I think that’s it

1 Like

plus Tome of Atonement

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, sure, that’s correct. Especially at the time of that topic. Although there’s also stuff like Quick Jacks + Ulzuin’s Chosen + aether/chaos SJ total damage mod, chaos Canister + Ulzuin’s Chosen, Phantasmal Blades transmuter + Rancor, maybe some other stuff I’m forgetting as well.

Despite this interaction being rare, I though it should belong to some “advanced mechanics / quirks compendium” or something, but I assume it’s not really written anywhere seeing how even tqFan was surprised by this =)

1 Like

The idea of having just one (altough gigantic) skill on a 4.8 sec CD worries me so i came up with this Warlord (with greens that i currently have):

It misses the extra 60% multiplier from the weapon, but this setup with 10% cd, has 2.8 sec on FW instead of 4.8 sec. Also has insane armor, decent DA. Altough im still not convinced to build this. Do i just wait 2.8 sec and do nothing after every FW, besides occasial doom forces, i dont know…

1 Like

Maybe you can use Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five and spam Bone Lance for fun if you’d like.

2 Likes

I mean, the whole thing of this build is it keeps its DPS even when you’re not doing anything once you’ve landed a good enough blow. A second skill to deal with mobs would help since they often show up during cooldown, but otherwise it’s not really necessary. Keeping moving between hits goes a long way to stay alive

3 Likes

Well, Earthshatter boots and a different Rune (Violent Delights - only because of the lower cooldown) - there should be four additional skills to rotate additionally to Forcewave - should be likely enough

1 Like

Then I would advise to play full Octavius and throw Aegis of Menhir in the mix.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity since other damage types are being discussed, I’m wondering what could push high frostburn DoT?

Harra’s converted/transmuted callidor nuke with some other combo maybe?

Also, great work on the build @Crab_Turtle_2112.