GrimTools : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyBllmN
I was revisiting an older concept, and wanted to rebuild a Chronomancer. I’d been looking into builds that might be successful Kiters, so I tried this one out. It’s not bad
The primary goal was to deliver stacking speed debuffs to enemies, then balance out the build with damage and survivability.
- -60% Total Speed on Word of Pain (2x -30% from Temporal Tempest daggers)
- -30% Total Speed from Rune Trap (necklace proc)
- 70% Slow Target from Temporal Shift (dagger AOE proc), or 40% slow target from Lightning Tether
- -50% Movement Speed from Curse of Frailty
- -33% Movement Speed from Necrosis
- -36% Movement Speed from Eldritch Fire
- -25% attack/cast speed from Aether Corruption
With all/max debuffs up, this gives about -279% movement speed to enemies, and -185% Attack/Cast speed to enemies. This is calculated as: 90% total speed + 70% Slow Target as a base (160%), then +119% movement speed and +25% attack/cast speed.
I’m not actually sure if I’ve fully understood how these debuffs stack, but I’m using the same logic as to how resistance reduction stacks to calculate it.
Note: It is possible to get an additional -10% total speed to Word of Pain using a different medal, but I needed something to allow dual-wielding melee, and wanted to save my relic and belt slots for other things.
Tbh, the damage was much better than I expected, because of great damage conversions, and a lot of persistent forms of damage that continue even while kiting.
Here’s a summary of the build:
Damage Conversions of Note:
- 50-60% vitality damage converted to Lightning, allowing for AOE healing from Wendigo’s Mark and better healing from Vampire Fangs
- ~100% Aether damage converted to Lightning for great damage from Arcane Currents
DoTs / persistent damages include:
- Word of Pain
- Arcane Currents
- Wendigo’s Mark
- Aether Corruption
- Elemental Storm
- Eldritch Fire
- Lightning Tether
- Aura of Censure
- High DA (3400)
- High Inquisitor Seal (336 damage absorption)
- Horn of Gandarr 20% reduced damage to enemies
- High CC makes kiting viable
- Low HP
- No % damage absorption
- Limited sources of healing, making it susceptible to spike damage
- Low OA
- Limited CC resists
- No movement rune (nowhere to put it on the skillbar)