[1.1.9.6-1.2] Forcewace Trauma Witchblade: All Celestials + SR90 - 1 million damage internal trauma crits

That was certainly not obvious to me!
Thanks!

That puts another perspective on some items, like the Dunefiend set, Vanquisher, and of course the 2 items responsible for the abomination here.

2 Likes

In the past I was doing research and reading in a few places itā€™s additive.
Also I was fighting with Adios Ocelot also known as USER_NAME_01 about it on Twitch stream.

In wonder if DWielding the axes also stacks multiplicatively :thinking: // w8, Iā€™m dumb you need a shield :laughing:
I remember Valinov making some weird FoI using both Chaos / Vit transmuter and Aether conuitā€™s Total Damage mods

1 Like

Itā€™s still worth knowing though, 2 chillheart with RoS ?

Edit: And dual Venom launcher (though probably much less impactful)

1 Like

Thank you for testing - was on my list for today - because with additive boni I was not able to reproduce the numbers - only assuming multiplicative boni reached the in game values

2 Likes

Also wondering:

Considering that damage reduction reduces not just damage but everything offensive (including RR against you)
Is it possibleā€¦ that ā€œtotal damage modified byā€ also increases other effects ? Like ā€œ-x Offensive abilityā€, or ā€œreduced targetā€™s resistance for X secondsā€ ?

very interesting, thx for testing that!

3 Likes

is there a way to build it a little more tankier, especially for 1 hit ko? i really wanna try a dot build, but im not confortable playing on HC with 2.4 DA (even with high armour + phys res). like maybe a battlemage? also more ways to get recovery aswell?

@Crab_Turtle_2112 I tried Callidorā€™s tempest, mostly a mix of your theorycraft, with a few tweakes.

Itā€™s okā€¦ on par with all the ā€œalso ranā€ builds weā€™ve seen in this thread and the other.

20220724231005_1

Also tried to make anything out of Aegis of Menhir, but there isn,t enough support to even go past theorycraft.

3 Likes

quite some damage loss - but likely a bit more reserves on the defensive side

1 Like

Yea Battlemage is the answer for hardcore I think. As I said on the reddit post, for HC you give up some damage for survivability: Avenger of Cairn amulet, DA ring augments like arcanum dust, defensive boots like windshear greaves, trim some point off squad tactics to put in Menhirā€™s Will. Pump a bit more physique too. I donā€™t think you want to rely on shield block to survive here, thereā€™s more important stuff to get.

Edit: pretty much what @The_Coyote posted lol

Looks good. Messenger of War feels out of place, I think thereā€™s better stuff to get. Maybe unironically go Rat, since you have conversion on the belt :rofl:

1 Like

Wasnā€™t sure about messenger either, thanks!

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll spend a lot of time on it though :slight_smile:

Well, turns out I wasnā€™t paying attention enough. Thanks to @tqFan for pointing me in the right direction.

20220725221418_1

I could probably push it out even more as a Sentinel :slight_smile:

The overcaps are absolutely horrid, but this is a rough draft.

3 Likes

You pointed yourself, I only thought of Vitality Decay Voidsoul Aegis, I wouldnā€™t come up with this (and think you can still reach that much %Acid with full Voidsoul)

1 Like

Made a few tweaks:

20220726100007_2
Not quite as much DoT as FW, but AoM has over 100% crit damage.
If I could fix Fire resist, this one might deserve its own thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

left ring Soul Shard, amulett - Wardstone? Edit: And the two points from Smite and Shattered Smash to Elemental Awakening?

1 Like

Ooooh I might steal this one, this is spicy as hell. Thereā€™s a couple adjustments to be made for sure but this has real potential. A couple suggestions

• 2 torch nodes over the 2 right Affliction nodes
  • Malediction relic
  • Another poisoned viloth ring over shuroth
  • Not sure if Aegis of Thorns is worth it
2 Likes

Thanks! That did the trick

Good call

It actually wasnā€™t!
When I removed it my poison damage AND total damage both increased! :smiley:

After all these suggestions, I tweaked it some more, and ended up with more damage, more health, and better resist overcaps

This is what the damage card looks like now:
20220726185929_1

Thatā€™s nearly on par with Forcewave now!

3 Likes

Your duration is longer, so the one hit damage could be higher (takes a bit longer - but good things take time)

2 Likes

Main issue with this is that you have to be in range of both Veil of Shadows and Guardians when you cast aegis. Against something like Crate this can be a littleā€¦impractical. Sentinel is a little less damage, but should feel much better to play in my opinion. (Also has higher OA, phys res and can 1 point DEE for phys damage reduction).

1 Like