**Edit: Grimtools link updated
I’ve started looking into making stable builds for solo deeper SR play. I’ve tested this one at 90 which, while wasn’t fast, was very comfortable at shard 90. At 16:30 in the video, you can see that I move on to fight Moosilauke only to accidentally pull Ekket’zul as well. Face tanking them both DID make my heart race, but the fight was still quite comfortable, with no kiting required.
From building team-based DEEP SR super tanks , I’ve come to learn what is integral for surviving in deep sr.
The “perfect defense” must-haves include:
- DA: 3600 or above, or 3400+ if other defenses are really good.
- Flat damage absorption: Around 400 minimum ideally. Up to 2000 for very deep SR.
- Percentage damage absorption: Minimum 15%, ideally as much as you can get.
- Reduction to enemy damage: Minimum ~25%, ideally as much as you can get.
- Physical Resistance: Ideally 80%, minimum ~55% depending on other defenses
- Fumble and Impaired Aim: 25% or more
- HP: 20k or above (our deep SR team-based tanks had anywhere from 35-80k HP at different iterations of them)
- 80% Resistance to life reduction, or ~50% minimum.
- High resistances and plenty of overcap of course.
- Great healing, and ideally from multiple types (regen, lifesteal, % health restored etc)
- CC Resists
This build does not tick all of these boxes, but it ticks a lot of them, and as such, is very sturdy. I was worried that this build’s low HP at 14k was going to be its achilles heal. And I believe, going deeper into SR, it will become a problem. But, all of the rest of the combined defenses help out a lot, so the build remains strong!
One of the things that contributes greatly to this build’s success is the rapid healing on Flames of Ignaffar. It’s not just about how much each tick can heal for, but how rapidly the ticks happen. At 17:12 of the video below, you can see the hp to drop about 4k hp PER VIDEO FRAME or something. Across threee frames, hp drops down to about 3-4k remaining, and then within the next frame is fully replenished. If this build wasn’t healing very, very often, it would have died in that moment.
So, enjoy this tanky stubborn caster I haven’t tested it against celestials, or in deeper SR, but I would imagine that if it can do 90, with some harsh mutators, accidentally facetanking two nemeses, then it can likely do SR 95 as well. If I get around to running it through 95 successfully, I’ll let you know