[1.1.9.7 - 1.1.9.8] 100% ADCTH Ring of Steel Reaper [SR75-76 Capable]

Ring of Steel has received a lot of flak for being an uninspiring main attack skill, at most using it to supplement bleeding builds with 22/12 Circle of Slaughter. With the 1.1.9.8 playtest underway, I wanted to present this build, since Crimson Spike is a fun weapon to build around.

100% ADCTH Ring of Steel Reaper - GRIMTOOLS

The ADCTH values are permanent buffs without Bloodthirster - with it the leech gets even higher.

The intent of this build is to go in with Shadow Strike, blast with Ring of Steel, and leech to your heart’s content with Urobruuk’s Reaping. If you’re fighting groups of enemies, then constantly attacking is necessary to ensure that your health stays topped off - this build is not for the faint of heart.

What’s with the terrible DA, you may ask? I needed to get the Abominable Might devotion route and I couldn’t find a way to get suitable DA with the build. It facetanks any Nemesis boss that’s been thrown at me, however, as only a billion ground effects + projectiles can get through the amount of leech you have. Thanks to the Shattered Realm changes, only Arcane enemies hidden in a pack of 20 Heroes have been able to take it down (outside of player errors like accidentally swapping weapons - it happens when the controller binding is easy to press).

As for further progress, I beat SR 80 to unlock SR75-76 more easily, but due to the terrible DA, I wouldn’t trust it past that. No point when there’s no loot involved.

4 Likes

You don’t have nowhere near 100% ADCTH.

• it’s with Bloodthrister
  • all these count two times in Grim Tools (or rather for both hands)
    • Haunted Steel 8%
    • Seal of Blades 5%
    • ADCTH on every sword

so in reality you have
24% + 8/2% + 5/2% + 10% = 40.5% less
so about 60% should be displayed on average for both hands in-game

The daggers themselves each provide 20% ADCTH to Ring of Steel, so unless DWing the same weapon doesn’t combine the ADCTH values or there’s some multiplicative factor between global ADTCH and skill-modifier ADCTH, there’s the 60% global ADCTH + the 40% from the Ring of Steel modifiers; that’s where the 100% is coming from.

1 Like

ah, sorry so it’s a funny coincidence that RoS ADCTH matches incorrect GT global value then