[1.1.9.7][2H-Ranged] Artificer Inquisitor - Elemental Damage, Resistance Reduction, Rune of Hagarrad & Rune of Kalastor(SR+75-76)

Why play this?

• Do you find the lore of the inquisitors interesting?
  • Is playing a magic & artificer that hates magic and artifacts an enjoyable contradiction?
  • Want to defeat anything with enough prep time?

Then I have a build for you!
Grim Tools

How does it work?
This build relies on two main mechanics damage absorption and resistance reduction. You can pretty easily do 70k-100k against regular enemies. It stacks a few different resistance reductions making it friendly with any other build that does elemental damage, or associated damage types. On the flip side, it focuses on damage absorption for protection rather than higher armor or health. It’s a bit squishier than any build with a solider or oath keeper at earlier levels. As a result, I would avoid using it for hardcore. Additionally, Ulzuin’s Fall lets you clip corners if you need a clean escape. If you like to play tactically and study the battlefield, then you’ll accel with this build. A great deal of the damage comes from combo-ing Rune of Hagarrad, Rune of Kalastor, and Inquisitors Seal. Since you can place all of these before battle, you spend most of your time dodging while luring enemies into them. Once since they deal lots of damage so they work best in areas where you can make pinch points or have bosses run around the an obstacle. Boss fights focus on creating and utilizing zones of control.

SR & Crucible:
I’ve run SR on Ultimate up to to 75-76 for grinding. It performs well with the most painful attacks being the Iron Maiden’s dash (continuing in close-quarters after that is sustainable if you get hit) and Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker’s Arcane attack. Getting hit with that can easily be deadly once you lose the 25% damage reduction of Maiven’s Sphere of Protection. I don’t frequently enough run the crucible to have full performance metrics. It should work adequately since you can shut down areas with the runes if needed.

About me:
I’ve been playing Grim Dawn for a couple of years and made a few builds. This is the first build I’ve shared. I’d appreciate any additional commentary on things you want to see in this post.

Welcome, I’d personally change a few things
Points into vigor as health is low
Less points in deadly aim
Points into inner focus. Deadly aim needs high OA to activate in the first place and inner focus gives you permanent OA plus spirit which buffs your magic damage
Why not point in nullification? It’s extremely useful
Storm spread to 7 points for extra projectile and bound to dryad, drop callidor’s tempest
Artifact handling has too many points (notice they’re in red)
Swap some gear to reach 26/16 hardcap for hagarrad and kalastor runes
Change components as some are in odd places

I haven’t looked into devotions but this would be my rough changes. I’m not an expert though so I’m sure some things could still be optimised Mage Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator