[1.1.9.7] Arcane Archer: Thunderbolt - Sr 76, Cr 150

never noticed that :thinking:
when you’re wearing a shield, it gets a separate “offhand” entry listed as weapon dmg, where it then does the dw method of listing both main hand and offhand individually with the shown wd%
but the actual dmg values would indeed suggest it’s half :thinking:

legit unsure if this a bug or “working as intended” (dmg scaling wise) and then just a tooltip display error of showing double wd%, even while wearing a shield
don’t know if this requires a bug thread post then :thinking:

so trying a few things, looks like it’s something about doombringer necklace that does it,
unequipping both smite wd modifier items for Smite and tooltip is normal, smite offhand dmg higher than smash, as expected because higher %wd
putting on Okaloth helm doesn’t change this
putting on doombringer necklace tanks smites offhand tooltip dmg/cutting it in half compared to smash
whether or not this is Tooltip display issue only, or actually affecting dmg i don’t know
tooltips can get a bit wonky with conversion involved, tho usually they should still stay “incorrect” if it’s a direct conversion mod, whether or not the tooltip factors in the direct conversion mod or not (sometimes direct conversion mods doesn’t affect tooltip dmg display other times they do)

edit-
did some testings, looks like it’s just a tooltip thingy, dmg is accurately applied, and it scales correct in terms of wd, also with shields
the tooltip facoring in direct conversion is simply making it display more correct dmg,
and on your build it being basically pure physical dmg is then why it’s lower than chill rounds that’s mostly fire dmg; and the Smite tooltip reflects this/displays tooltip dmg with Doombringer necklace conversion factored in

so doombringer is actually hurting you here, you might get a fat WD smite hit, but your scaling is horrible because you have 1/3 the physical %dmg bonus
*which is should have caught earlier too :sweat_smile: just saw justicar+doombringer and thought you were doing physical pew pew :grin: but it’s regular fire, whcih is why smite is lower then

1 Like

Thank you so much for the testing!! After I posted the screenies I went to bed and had that realisation, that maybe it’s because of the fire to phys conversion, which makes me a sadder panda… :cry:

But I suppose I can drop that necklace for something more FirePewPewy then… Maybe get some more fire RR or something…

or do phys gunner pew pew instead of fire

1 Like

I had been thinking about that, using that phys damage crossbow with phys rr to inquisitor seal… It might be more fun with oath/inquis for the crit damage. :open_mouth:

I made a different phys damage pew pew that did ok,

It’s probably worth mentioning that basically every build I make these days it run through the make-char tool, and I tend to play them for a run through Crucible maybe 100-130 or 150, (170 if they’re promising or very fun), and then one or two runs through SR without much consideration to the mutators…