[1.1.9.7] Expelliarmus! 4:37m Crucible 150-170, SR 75-76 facetank PRM Mage Hunter by mad_lee [c+][sr+][vid]

theoretically it should do something no? That crit damage.? But dont worry I agree with you that there are much better ways to boost PRM but its like someone is mind controlling me, someone is whispering to me to max all prm nodes!. I think its Mr Panetti himself:rolleyes: Personally this is my weakness , I love Ultimate ranking skills even though its not always the best thing:rolleyes:

haha, okay :stuck_out_tongue: Could have worded it a bit nicer, but thanks! I think I will try this build out now. It seems my Iskandra arcane/necro set is gonna get nerfed for some reason soon, so need to consider a new build. I think I might just do a full kreig arcane/necro or some through - But if this is good then I will do that :slight_smile: PRM was my first build when I started GD back then.

Edit as of the link in OP: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jYq9nN

Not worth taking 1 point in fabric of reality? And why random points in Arcane will and nullification? Also I guess not enough points for even a weak Devastation? And no Callidors tempest or flash freeze`? Thats how I build my build way back then likeā€¦2-3 years ago. Well prolly didnt use callidors tempest.

Thanks for help :slight_smile:

I worded it wrong. It does boost PRM damage of course, but itā€™s just not worth investing it past soft cap unless you are making weird Electrocute Panetti with Ludrigan. If you have extra points to invest and you have capped other 3 nodes, itā€™s worth investing into something else for damage.

Sorry, I canā€™t word it nicer, in fact, I think I was too soft on that crappy build. Itā€™s really really bad and dude is presenting it like itā€™s a holy grail of prm builds.

Fabric of Reality is utterly useless here. It boosts Aether and Chaos damage (we got none), gives flat Aether and Chaos (useless because PRM got very little weapon damage) and buffs Energy Leech (again, useless because very little weapon damage + build relies on mana regeneration and absorption).

Arcane will is worth a 1 pointer since it procs often and gives us little damage boost, regeneration and some DA. Gonna be even better in a new patch.

Nullification is Arcanistā€™s best spell, with high CDR (this build got decent-ish CDR) you can nullify heroes and nemesis in Crucible left and right and remove crippling debuffs from yourself thus speeding up your clear times and improving your survivability by tonns and tonns.

Devastation is not worth the investment here. No spare points and returns will be quite meh. Callidorā€™s Tempest is useless here as well.

I hope I answered your questions, have fun with the build! Report back when you play with it a little!

Iā€™m keen to play a spamettis toon since itā€™s been a while, and am working on levelling up to this build at the moment. I havenā€™t sunk into inquisitor yet because I keep getting fixated on the idea of permanent ascension in place of the overplayed inq seals. Mostly Iā€™m just feeling like every toon since AoM has inq seals and itā€™s a bit boring.

Do you think itā€™d be viable to go OK instead of Inq, max Arcanist for star pact, swap ascension for rune, and maybe see about the fire devo build you found starved of OA and fiddly?
Presence gives you a whack of OA, the pets would do for summoning the extra devo procs as well as RR, but thereā€™s not a heck of a lot else in OK that would be useful.
Would appreciate your thoughts since you said you did play with fire and find it not as good, and you know, because Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ve built damn near every combination of skills by now :wink:

Fire PRM Mage Hunter is about 1 minute slower than the Lightning one, itā€™s been tested and itā€™s squishier too. Templar based on Fire PRM would be viable, but nothing like Lightning PRM Mage Hunter. I am afraid Fire PRM Templar would be worse than Fire PRM Mage Hunter too. I am theorycrafting because I havenā€™t tested this option, but I think itā€™s kind of obvious that synergy with OK is worth. No incoming damage reduction, no almost permanent Seals (see mod on Panettiā€™s Wand), RR offered by Guardians is worse too, because sometimes they can lag behind or be around wrong enemy whereas Censureā€™s RR always debuffs enemies around you.

Reason why this build is so good is not just huge damage and aoe. Itā€™s hella tanky too. If you remove that tankiness PRM becomes much less appealing as your DPS will take a dive since you wouldnā€™t be able to stand your ground and spam. This build also offers very high ā€œquality of lifeā€, itā€™s very easy to pilot, there is no piano sonata to be played, nothing intterups gameplayā€™s flow.

But the choice is yours ofc )

Hey,man lightning PRM is best followed by aether,cold and fire versions.I have the idea to test fire version with conversion from Vala chest,but doubt it will be that good.For fire again MH is best,for Templar you barely have any useful skill bonus and permanent seal is better than Ascension.Only cool thing is Divine mandate,but not worth it.

Thanks mad_lee and Nery. I had a hunch there were some gaps, but Iā€™m still not up to speed with the current stat requirements and not as good as you at picking which bits are lacking when you smash things together.

Iā€™ll stick with lightning, I want PRM on this toon more than I want to avoid seals, and I can still proc fire damage on my GPU :slight_smile:

but th3 question is how the freaky friek do i get pure lightning in my PRM, I dont want any form of fire! :eek:

If this is executed nicely or suported by gears, this will be top tier even more. Why cant panetti be one elemental?

apart from green aether it would be nice to see one color red or blue something

I actually tested Dawnshard chest on this one for even moar fire to lightning conversion and wasā€¦ disappointed, somehow clearing times were the same.

Wouldnā€™t good rolled stoneplate be better?

No, not really. Every stat on Mythical Final March except Aether Resistance is super valuable to this build.

Thanks for the build. My 2nd char will be this type of Mage Hunter, bro! :smiley:

Hey mad_lee

What skills would you prioritize for leveling this build smoothly?

Also, your only GT link is for SR, is it just the same for the general endgame dungeon/nemesis farming?

Thanks for the build, it looks awesome!

Hey man - im liking the build so far. I actually leveled with PRM and it was pretty funny. Damage felt a bit lacking the last few levels till 94 in the areas around homestead though :wink: thus i acutally had to kite quite a bunch (lokarr set thus zero armor and both pierce and poison res sucked till level 90). But heyā€¦ it worked out and i had a fun time. I would probably not advertise doing it if someone asked whats efficient to level with (pretty sure the fastest way is to start out inquisitor wop + aura of censure and adding something like aar later converting as much as possible aether to any elemental damage) but with some leveling gear its not actually problematic or hard.

One little question/remark about the ring component choice: Dont you think that with this toons numbers (low armor, 92% absorption, low health) runebound topaz might actually be a better choice than bloodied crystals? I can understand why theyre favored in most builds, but all their advantages seem pretty pointless in this build.

Build has 92% armour absorption and low-ish armor indeed, but that bonus armor is at least something. Health does nothing to this build. When you play this build with endgame gear you will notice that extreme tankiness comes from different stuff then armor. Itā€™s the combination of Censure/WoR/Seal/Maiven/Prismatic Diamond/mirror coupled with great damage output with very good sustain and top notch mobility (great cc-res, Nullification with low cd, high cdr). It makes this build nearly immortal.

Health stacking is good on builds with resistance to life reduction (like Shattered set builds or Oathkeepers/Soldiers) because without it a lot of white mobs can just take 30% of your max hp. Same with armor, stacking it wearing Caster armor pieces is anti-synergitic, thatā€™s why I have invested into physical resistance when I updated this beast for Forgotten Gods.

Hey Mad Lee, great build bro Iā€™m having alot of fun, levelled up to 80 so far with panetti, very smooth. Question, I know this build has no set armor, but would the Paragon helm and shoulders be useful, or a drop in dps? cheers

Alright - thanks for the explanation. Too bad this engine and the wonky behaviour of OA/DA doesnt allow for proper eHp calculation. Chance to hit and chance to crit as different/seperate stats for the win!

E: Btw i am in full engame gear and never felt so tanky with around 10k hp in this game - the defensive suite defenitely works well. Just missing some components and augments because of story progress and crafting mats.

E2: Oh another question out of curiosity: Is there any kind of resistance towards this ā€œx% Targets Damage Reduced for y secondsā€ stat (shoulder proc, censure, etc) or does it work at full effectiveness against any kind of bosses/nemesis/whatever?

Itā€™s the strongest defensive stat in the game in my opinion. It canā€™t be affected by debuffs and it works against anything/anyone.

Well damage absorption (maivens) is probably similar or even better if the beforementioned stat relies on a proc to take effect or is there any mechanic against that one? But ye - i get the point ;).

Edit: Btw mage hunter dual wielding guns with beronath fury to add in higher potency adcth to this kind of suite ever been a thing? Shattered realm set might actually enable a build around this but im still lacking the overview over the gear options of this game so maybe there are no weapons potent enough or another cockblock to this. I guess the base damages would be lackluster with only 1 native RR skill.

Incoming damage reduction is superior to damage absorption, I have tested it many times. Itā€™s also always passively applied from Censure.

One or dual guns or Shattered set are all inferior to this setup, because they break Invoker set which is responsible for huge part of damage in this build. Single gun is worse to Panetti want in every way, weapon damage it adds is miniscule and smaller than flat damage from the wand. ADCTH comes from Spellgazeā€™s mod so more flat damage modifiers to panetti, more leech you are getting.