[1.1.9.7] Expelliarmus! 4:37m Crucible 150-170, SR 75-76 facetank PRM Mage Hunter by mad_lee [c+][sr+][vid]

yep, already theorycrafted grimtools link with new items few posts higher. Should be god-tier in FG. Not good for super deep shards (since those seem to be not anything that is not super tank friendly) but insane for shards 60-65 and good ole Crucible.

Will make updates to this build once I get my hands on it.

Having been having a good success rate of doing SR 65-66 with that build (good that i build it before FG!). Just got the recipe for the new medal and crafted it with a Bloodied crystal on top.

Though you dont stand absolutely no chance vs certain boss combos - like i had the fun 2x Kaisan, Kuba and Grava - gl with that!

Not feeling the Dawnshard chest as you would loose those resists and especially Physical resists (you already have the Dmg reduced from aura as well). Thinking would it be worthy it to go for 100% absorb and replacing the head with Sacred plating and the rings with Bloodied crystals?

Thanks Lee!

I think for Shards I would play with Prismatic Diamond in helmet, armor absorb is fine at 92% at this char since it canā€™t really stack a lot of it. Maybe Fateweaver Raiment is a better choice for pushing Shards with it. For Crucible and everything else definitely use Dawnshard chest and Sanctified bone.

I am yet to test the build in in FG and since I donā€™t own this character it might take a while before I reach this guide with updates.

So if you have reports from Shattered Realm and your thoughts on gear tweaking, report them here!

Hey ho,

thanks for the nice build. I have tried it but i think i am doing something wrong.
I canĀ“t stand any strong single enemys and donĀ“t steal enough health.
What is the big reason it does not work for me ?

grimtools.com/calc/dVbdzygN (cant submit links yet, so just the url)

Thanks.

You do not have any item that makes you steal life with Panetti. You need the mythical version of the helm for that

Btw you have overcapped the main skill Panetti 2 points too much.

ahhhhh okay, havent seen it on the mythical version :rolleyes:
thanks for the hint at panetti.
Still not found the blueprint yet :frowning:

Hi there, this build is my favorite ever!
Could you make a new Pannettiā€™s build for mage hunter with the new set (Ludriganā€™s).

I think would be awesome. =D

Thanks. I have some ideas for Luddrigan but they donā€™t involve Mage Hunter.

Awsome job with the build.

I started playing it when FG came out after long hiatus from GD. Right now lvl 93. Still missing some key items but straight up the leveling process is as smooth (or even smoother) than my pet cabalist. Stand in seal, spam PRM use defensive tools and nothing is standing after defensive rotation even without Mythical Spellgaze.

My suggestion add the FG grimtools link to the main post, you can mark it as untested but it is hard to find updated version to even know what to look for.

Iā€™ll be sure to post my results from shards/cruicible when I will complete the gear up phase so maybe will be able to get the build into FG compendium.

Again thanks for this i was looking for a lazy caster for some time now :slight_smile:

I have a GT link saved as an update for this, as well.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w264EW7Z

Pretty sure the skills/devos are and update from Mad_Lee.
Unfortunately I donā€™t have the gear updates (if any) saved.

Rescued from an old window, formatting omitted:

Foreword

So someone in Russian Grim Dawn discord asked me if I ever tried making a Panettiā€™s Replicating Missile build. I never did. In fact, I have never even touched Mage Hunters and PRM used to be below mediocre before last patch. So after quite a bit of testing and a lot of failed or sub-par specs I made a spec that is what I believe an ultimate PRM build - a very fast and consistent Crucible farmer that facetanks everything and utilizes only legendary and epic items, so itā€™s basically dirt cheap to assemble compared to most builds and has only one drawback: its clear times really rely on your computer power (but even with my old PC it does sub 8 minutes runs easily so sweat free 3 runs in one blessings duration with 3 blessings + 1 banner is always easy).

The Build

1.1.1.2 Forgotten Gods update

New expansion made this build much much stronger. Build now has up to 14% more Physical resist, more PRM damage and more OA as well as better cc-resists to tackle Shattered Realm. And Rune of Displacement takes the build to a whole new level. Updated Grimtools and added a video of an easy Shard 66 run.

Build can complete 75-76 if you can aggro bosses 1 by 1 and play smart (also with some vitality/poison overcap with potions). But itā€™s not an Octavius Warlord in that sense.

<<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>> (Shattered Realm spec)

Why Lightning PRM?

I have tested Elemental version (Ultos + Seekers) and it was just ok. Clearing times were average, kiting was required sometimes, and sometimes build could die. I have also tested Fire Version which turned out to be pretty miserable (at least in my hands). Stats with fire devotion route were always awful, proccing both Seekers and Meteor was a choir, survivability was shit. So since Invoker set doesnā€™t allow for a cold version, I have came to my last resort. Suffocation, no breathing but this Lightning mage delivers hell of a beating (ugh, my guides are becoming lazier every time).

How is it compared to other casters?

Itā€™s very flashy and very easy to pilot. You donā€™t need to kite ever, the only ā€œdificultyā€ is not messing up ghoul/mirror/nulification rotation when you are cornered by 2 Reapers. This Mage Hunter is pretty relaxing and very forgiving spam-caster kind of build, you donā€™t need to think about positioning or about skill rotation or about kiting.

But what of the era of melee/ranged builds?

This build is comparable in speed to some of the best ranged builds and some medium top-tier melee builds, like Belgothian BM/Infiltrator or Korba Trickster. Itā€™s definitely much cheaper and more accessible than those mentioned builds tho.

Gear

Getting resists capped without green gear is a pain on a Mage Hunter. OA/DA is also very painful to get to a decent level. Nevertheless, current gear set is optimal, imo. All resists are covered, physical resist is at a decent level for a caster with a Seal, belt was a last minute change from Scales of Beronath and it turned out to be pretty huge damage boost for this build (hard cap of important PRM nods + 3k OA on a build with 90% crit damage). New Iskandra relic is pretty great. Cindertouch gloves is what pushed this build into top-tier category (conversion and proc are pretty big deal).

Try and get %Physique crafting bonus at Angrim on helmet and medal.

Skills and Devotions

Devotions are pretty self-explanatory - standard lightning route + a little twist in a form of Bat devotion. You can swap Bat for Fiend for a tiny bit more damage, but I think Bat is what really pushes the build closer to immortality. Skill points distribution is standard, I chose Word of Pain as a proccer because we have a decent boost to its second nod that helps us a bit in tough melee encounters.

Gameplay

Stay in seals, cast debuffs and spam, use Nullification generously. Save mirror for the really rainy day. Place more Inquisitor Seals around to move freely and proc Bat more often - they have very low cooldown and live very long because of the mods on the wand. Only somewhat dangerous Nemesis combo is double Reapers. But just stay in seal and keep your cool, if they already procced your ghoul, donā€™t use mirror untill Ghoul is up, after that, use mirror and after mirror use Nullification. During that time, you can kill dozen of Reapers.

Stats

Permanent buffs + Word of Renewal

Magical

Panettiā€™s Replicating Missile damage breakdown

Videos

Shard 76 run

6:40 Crucible 150-170 run piloted by me (I think it should be considerably faster on a good pc).

1.1.1.2 Easy Shard 66 run

My 7:50 run on a slow PC

Mercymakerā€™s 6:36 run

John Smithā€™s 3x runs (older spec but still sub-7 minutes runs. Should be faster with the final spec)

Mad Queen 13 seconds kill (meh single target damage)

Lokkar fight (literally lost a track of him mid-fight)

In Conclusion

Thanks to John Smith (Arthur Petrov) and Firozo from Russian Grim Dawn discord (which is in fact Russian Twitch streamer Safarelā€™s discord) for testing the build and discussing different ways PRM build can go.

HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Gonna update it now. Wow. Thanks a lot!

@Omega.Ankh Thanks for trying to help!

@Ornedan Huge thanks for providing me with this. Updated a build and spend like two minute on it thanks to your saved info. Mentioned you in the guide!

Iā€™ve taken the time to create this build myself and i must say, itā€™s absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately a lot of builds that i take 20-30 hours to make turn out to be not as advertised, or just not as good as i was hoping. This build is exactly what the creator says it is, and is amazing.

Thank you very much for this build, it will expedite my crucible farming by quite a bit and will be a nice change from my conjurer pet build.

Is this build better than OPā€™s? Im not sure what to go for.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwePQ82

his link in the video

Not sure?? Seriously??? That build is hot garbaggio. Dog shit levels of bad. Like much less damage and also 3% phys res, 2600 DA, no armor absorb, 10/12 Maiven? 0/10 Steel Resolve? And completely wrong set for PRM spam.

EDIT: 168% Cast Speed, Jesus. And this dude got 2500 views. A lot of people are getting misinformed, lmao.

:eek::rolleyes:

sorry lee for the late reply. Finally got to test your bad boy devo setup and I really like it so far. It has the right mixture of offense defense. In fact I think its a bis setup, loving the twin fangs inclusion too, but since I play mainly campaign I opted for fiend! I need moar time to play some cruci and SR shenanigans but no doubt the build kicks ass ! :rolleyes:

anyway for this interested in campaign prm damage here you go! :rolleyes: Even if you opt for moar defensive setup your performance will still be the same! :wink:

//youtu.be/17Nqk5G0lkI

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwe0eq2

I wish we could get 100% fire to lighnting conversion without gimping the build too much but sadly we only do so by resorting to one of the barrelsmith guns. Sadly we will lose all our cool factor once we equip a lame gun especially when not actually shooting from it! , thematically its not cool! ! :rolleyes: :eek:

I think Fiend is absolutely fine for Campaign even for Crucible. But it doesnā€™t really add any noticable damage imo. Thatā€™s why I bound Bat to Storm Box - to use it when needed, but versus easier content just not use that extra button at all.

Cool video. I still donā€™t get why you prefered that green setup (for ā€œKingsā€ suffix I guess?) to original one. And use Dawnshard Shoulders, they have great stats for this build.

I also did test Dawnshard chest + Cindertouch gloves for more conversion versus Fateweaver chest + Cindertouch gloves (original setup) and didnā€™t notice any difference in damage output whatsoever. Like same Crucible timers.

And Barrelsmith pistol will be a huge downgrade for this build. Panettiā€™s Wand gives us too much damage and some great defenses with almost permanent seals.

the blue shoulders is just there to make all panetti nodes to 22( to satisfy my OCD) other than that the dawnshard shoulders should be better overall;) and green setup is to maximize damage, breaching 125k dps when proccing all iirc again another OCD for 5 digits ( and i did not notice much damage differenc. hence thats why your setup is better overall defensively

Supercharged doesnā€™t really buff PRMā€™s damage. I think Sir Spanksalot tested it when he was trying to make a full offensive variation of my build. Itā€™s really a weird nod in PRMā€™s line.

If you want more offense try buffing Inquisitor Seal Nod or filling up Arcanist mastery and experimenting with some Physique/Spirit ratios.