[1.1.9.7] Explosion sound effect when hovering on weapons in Crucible reward room

This is an odd bug/feature. When I complete 10 waves in Crucible (Crucible of the Dead map) with my beginner Purifier and choose to collect rewards, any time I hover over a weapon on the ground or in my inventory inside the Crucible reward room (where the chests are), a not-so-loud explosion sound effect plays. Funny thing is that when I’m outside of the Crucible reward room, the sound effect doesn’t play when hovering on weapons, or any other items. If I go back in, the sound effect plays again on hover, etc.

My Purifier is dual wielding pistols with a Searing Ember in both weapons, and has Demolitionist’s buffs Flame Touched and Vindictive Flame. Maybe the buffs are causing it somehow? This doesn’t happen with my other characters.

Anyway, doesn’t really affect gameplay anyhow, just found it quite bizarre, and I’m wondering if anyone has encountered something similar?

This video with sound explains it better than I could:
https://imgur.com/a/P59DdSl

3 Likes

Added a video with sound.

wtf @ _@

sry for commenting without contributing anything, just felt like that had to be said, big "dafuq is this"bug :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I wanted to comment “lmao” but I restrained myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Most-Fun-Bug-Ever ! :melting_face:

Uh…does this happen consistently?

Have you verified game files?

Yeah happens every time. It was a fresh install but I verified the game files through GOG Galaxy, no change.

It seems to be somehow connected with the Demolitionist’s Vindictive Flame buff. Summary and replication steps:

• 1.1.9.7 from GOG, all DLC, no mods.
  • Character is currently a level 16 Purifier, dual wielding pistols (Searing Ember in each), buffs Flame Touched and Vindictive Flame, active skill Fire Strike with Explosive Strike.
  • Crucible of the Dead - didn’t test in other maps.
  • Complete first 10 waves in Crucible and stop there to access the reward room.
  • While in the reward room, hovering over any weapon in the inventory (not equipped) or on floor causes an explosion sound effect to play, as seen and heard in the video.
  • The sound effect doesn’t play when the character is outside of the reward room, moving back in it plays again.
  • Doesn’t happen wth my other characters.

Vindictive Flame:

• Turning off Vindictive Flame after the waves causes the sound effect to no longer be played.
  • Doing the 10 waves + reward WITHOUT turning on the Vindictive Flame buff in the first place causes the sound to not be played. Turning the buff on afterwards in the reward room still does not play the sound effect.
  • I did get hit many times during the waves, maybe it has something to do with the retaliation part of Vindictive Flame? Although why does the sound play only in the reward room?

I can reproduce it, no problem. Tested in Crucible of the Stars too, but it doesn’t happen there. Keep in mind, that this sound of explosion is not as loud as in linked video, so keep a sharp ear when testing.

I agree, this is one of the best bug reports I’ve seen on this forum. I don’t even care if it gets fixed. Just curious about technical explanation.

1 Like

Well I can say that it’s playing the Vindictive Flame explosion sound, and that toggling Vindictive Flame makes the issue go away.

As to why…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.