[1.1.9.7] Opressor Skeletons-vitality (No videos) Tale of a journey. SR80/Crucible150 (In time) Mogdrogen and Ravager (1:07) (Mending potions only)

The initial idea was to make a character around the skeletons pets. So Necromancer was obviously the way to go. The second mastery was not that easy to decide. On the one hand, Occultist and Shaman had good sinergies when it comes to pet building, but on the other hand I wanted the skeletons to be the stars of the build and I wanted the theme to be undead-related. Checking the other masteries, I found the Guardians of Empyrion in the Oathkeeper mastery. Invincible Ghosts with vitality resistance reduction. Awesome!

After that, I checked the Devotions and I found that “Rattosh the Veilwarden” constellation had a very much needed vitality resistance reduction proc with a very nice vitality damage bonus. The rest of the stars of the constellation were not useful, but that was the price to pay for that very needed proc. To reach that devotion, I choosed “Bysmiel´s Bonds” to get nice bonuses and an extra pet.

When it comes to gear, I decided to use the Lost Souls set and the Dirge of Arkovia relic. The gear to make the skeletons stronger and a relic to get a skeleton golem which ended up being a key part of the build. Man, what a tank!

• Main Campaign: I started playing on Veteran difficulty and everything went smooth. Although by the time I finished the campaign with level 75, the level 50 green gear was getting old. When I jumped to ultimate difficulty, the difficulty spike was huge. But more or less I managed to go through the first part of the main campaign. I could kill the chaos and aether nemesises before killing Krieg and I was waiting to hit level 94 to use the 3/4 pieces of the Souls set I found with my first character (a Deathknight) when I first played the game. When I reached Cronley´s hideout I started to farm for dinamite, the totem and the final bosses to increase the Conley´s gang´s animosity level. And after a while, I finally encountered Fabius. Imagine my surpise when that asshole completely ignored all my pets, the fifteen of them, and started chasing after my character all the way through the mines until I managed to get to the exit. I dared to enter in the mine again, and there he was, waiting where I first found him. And he started to chase after my character again, completely ignoring my huge undead army. Damn him! (Not the last time I spitted curses against him).

I needed to find a way for such a thing not to happen again. And so I decided to give “Ishtak the Spring Maiden” constellation a go. The problem was that I could not get to that constellation without deselecting “Rattosh the Veilwarden”. I could not have them both, so I had to plan the devotion paths again. I went with the Tortoise for extra defense, and the Bull which proc I linked to the Blight Fiends. Then, I proceed to farm the Cronley´s Hideout again to face Fabius and kick his sorry ass. And it worked! The Ishtak constellation´s proc is awesome! But I was a bit worried about character´s lack of vitality resistance reduction. Everything went well though, and the 3 pieces of the Lost Souls set I soon after equipped to the character proved to be a big improvement. I was still using level 50 greens. The shard, which was the remaining part of the set I was missing, was crafted by transforming a new piece of the gear I found soon after. And there it was: The character bringing doom to all the fools who dared to cross her path. :grin:

• Mogrogen: I finally reached the point in the main campaign in which I found the objects needed to cleanse the Mogdrogen´s altar. And after hesitating a little bit I decided to go for it and see how would the character fare against him. The start was intense, I “kited” a lot but little by little, the pets did their job, and to my surprise, the health bar decreased at a reasonable pace. When the 50% bonus kicked, it was a bit more troublesome, but I managed to kill him at the first try! Unbelievable! The character is truly strong! :skull:

I thought that because I decided not to use the Occultist or Shaman masteries, that the character was going to be a bit weak. And I was fine with it. But man, what a great surprise when Mogdrogen bit the dust.

• Ravager: And so, I kept playing. I finished the main campaign, I went through the first expansion (Malmouth), until I finished the Barrowholm´s missions and the Ravager of Minds was summoned. Oh boy! That was going to be a real challenge. That guy is nasty and fast. I gathered 200 mending potions and I attacked him. It was not pretty. The character had to start running around while the pets tried to do him some harm but the health bar was not moving much. The fact that the character needed to kite all the time, made the Guardians of Empyrion nearly useless due to their short leash. I didn´t know about that when I started playing the character. Finally, that bastard killed my character.

I checked Ravager´s resistances on Grimtools. The vitality resistance, the highest by a big margin. Typical. :expressionless:

I tried to kill him several more times, but it was impossible. So I had to tinker with the gear. I searched for items with vitality resistance reduction and I found the Cursebearer rings. -10% vitality resistance reduction when hit. Not ideal, and I had to get rid of the Mythical Spiritbinder Glyph rings which gave the mage skeletons a very nice elemental to vitality damage conversion, and the character got a bonus to Reap Spirit which gave her the chance to use three Spirits at the same time. Sadly, I had to choose and so I gave the rings a go. And they made a diference. By using two, the chances of triggering that very much needed -10% vitality resistance reduction is doubled, and I make sure it is triggered nearly all the time. The character starves for this effect. And it worked! It took me 45 minutes and 165 mending potions, but it worked! Eat that you moron!

• Callagadra: The rest of the game, Malmouth and Forgotten gods campaign, was easy. But it was time to face Callagadra. I summoned her, and after 2 seconds of combat I saw bones flying everywhere.

wtfgiphy

All my poor skelies were destroyed, and the character run away like a brave warrior who suddenly remembered that she left the lasagna in the oven. Did you know that Calla chases you to the Sunbane Oasis?

I checked Callagadra´s statistics on Grimtools. The vitality resistance, the highest by a big margin. Typical. :expressionless:

Calla made pierce damage. I checked my pets resistances: Thirty percent or something like that. Ok, time to tinker with the devotions and with the gear again. I ditched the Bysmiel´s constellation and I don´t remember what else, and went for the “Empty Throne” constellation, “Azrakaa the Eternal Sands” and one point in the first star of the Wolverine constellation. The pets and the character needed an increase in pierce resistance and that was the first step. The second step was to find gear with pet pierce resistance. I had two options: The Diviners chest armor or The Overseer medal. The problem is that I had then to choose between The Mythical Necrolord´s Shroud or a very nice green and shiny Wendigo Gaze medal with of the Wild suffix. The medal gave the character one extra skeleton. I ended up choosing The Overseer medal.

So, there I went again. Bold and mighty. Ready to collect skin for my gear and bones for my army. I summoned Calla again and… nope. Impossible. The army could not hurt her, the skelies were still easily destroyed and the character was too squishy to survive for a long time. That was as far as the character could go with Calla so I left her be.

• Crate: So I went with Crate this time. That preposterous thing of a boss lives far far far away. To travel through the desert is a pain in the ass. To go through the superdeadlywormsofdeath and having to find and kill one specific one of them which is randomly near or far from the place where the portal appears is a lottery game in itself and therefore an even bigger pain in the ass. I hate it. And then the ruins/lava place which is fine. So, Crate. I sent him my army. That thing hit my character once. Once! Oneshot. Byebye. (The shortcircuit skill was in cooldown when I reached Crate but is fine because the character was not going to be able to survive so to hell with it).

Out of curiosity, I checked Crate´s resistances on Grimtools. The vitality resistance, the highest by a not that big of a margin. Why? I don´t get it.

So, because I changed the gear and devotions to improve the pet´s resistances, I felt the need to test the character vs Mogdrogen and The Ravager again. To my surprise, Mogdrogen can only be killed once (what a bummer). And The Ravager took me 1 hour and 7 minutes. And 260 potions. Yeah, losing that green medal hurt the offense of the character.

When it comes to Shattered Realms I had trouble reaching the 80th level without dying and in time. After that, I tried several times to reach level 85 in time and without dying but I only could reach level 82. Too many superbosses ended up being really troublesome. Kaisan was the worst offender. High vitality resistance, he summons lots of bullshit all over the place and his shards heal him! The Reaper is also a nasty asshole. Fabius and Kubracabra are also hard to beat. The Iron Maiden and Valdaran start to be dangerous. Alexander is not easy, Moosiluke has a high resistance to vitality damage, Grava is no joke. Yeah, lots of trouble with superbosses.

In Crucible, I could only reach wave 150 without dying. The level 150+ and the level 160 had the same problem. Too many bosses chasing my character until she dies. The skelies can´t deal with them all at the same time.

1 Like