[1.1.9.7] Strange debuffing behaviour

Ever since the patch I’ve had some strange occurrences, particularly in SR, where some of my debuffs seem to land on an enemy far far away, which aggroes the enemy onto me from ridiculous distance.

I first noticed this a few weeks ago, unfortunately I can’t remember what build I was playing at the time, so I’m not sure what sorts of procs I had on the character that could have caused that. I was doing a chunk in SR, fighting a hero cluster, when Fabius, who at the time was beyond the edge of my minimap, suddenly beelined it right towards me from what must have been at least a screen and a half away. No other enemy followed him, it was only him.

Today, during an SR boss room, I was playing a different build, fighting a boss in the top left spawn. Upon killing it at its spawn point, the boss in the bottom right spawn activated and ran after me. This was at a distance of more than two screens. From the visual it seemed the debuff from my Combustion Band landed on him from (possibly the final) hit I landed on the previous boss. This was not the closest enemy on the map onto which the debuff could have jumped. There was still a boss, in fact a cluster of bosses (Map Room Protectors and the associated Eldritch Spirits) in the top right spawn, which did not get aggroed.

A few SR runs later, same thing. I was fighting Kaisan, who spawned in the top left spawn (different boss room map type). There was still a boss (Theodin) in the bottom left spawn, rest of the room was cleared. I purposefully drew Kaisan off into the already cleared top right spawn to be far away from Theodin so I don’t aggro him. Once Kaisan spawned crystals, I moved away from them to the bottom right spawn. A few seconds later, with Kaisan still alive, Theodin Marcell aggroed onto me across the entire boss room. I could not tell what debuff landed onto him, but he seemed to have an OA or DA debuff on him when he appeared on the edge of the screen, far beyond the range of my AoEs or auras.

This has never happened to me before 1.1.9.7. Sure, every now and then I’d have a fight with, say, Zantarin, land some sort of debuff on his summons, the summons would wander off a bit and some of the damage ticks or debuffs on them would aggro the boss on the neighbouring spawn. Nothing unusual about that. But aggroing across two screens, even skipping boss spawn points, with no minions anywhere. This seems to be something new.

A small update, just had this happen again today on a different build. The pull was 100 % caused by Combustion Band’s proc. This time it only pulled a boss from the neighbouring SR boss room spawn, about a screen away, and it only happened after the previous boss died. So either there’s something funky going on with Combustion specifically, or maybe something changed about the range of these debuff procs. I’ve had enemies pulled by procs at the edge of the screen plenty of times pre-9.7, that’s normal, but can’t remember ever pulling across 2-3 screens as I have in some of the examples I described in the OP.

That one happened to me as well.
Fighting stationary boss 1, not moving at all, boss 2 at the edge of screen is not interested. But approaches right after boss 1 dies.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.