[1.1.9.7] The Quest for Immortality - 10K Health Regen Elementalist [Safe SR75, Ravager of Minds]

This was a quest to find a 10K Regen build that wasn’t Avenger’s or Veilkeeper’s and still followed the standard rules of a build (have appropriate RR, try to do damage with a main skill). Demolitionist, Occultist, Shaman, Nightblade and Soldier (especially when using a Shield) all have skills that have good flat Health Regeneration baked into them, but some are harder to get to hardcap than others.

I first started with a 1H Blade Arc Commando. It had the 10K health regen and good (2.5K) Physical damage, but attack speed was low enough that it was murdered by the Aetherwarped mutator and made farming SR75-76 nearly impossible if it came up. Thankfully, Elementalist has all the pieces necessary for a high-regen build: the combination of Mogdrogen’s Pact and Vindictive Flame, multiple sources of RR, and several gear pieces that are made for the class combination.

GRIMTOOLS

Stats with only permanent procs

Gearing:
The only real fantasy item here is the Gollus Ring - it’s perfectly designed to obtain both OA and the specific prefix that gives you points in Mogdrogen’s Pact. If you want to re-create this build, a “Tempest of Mending” can also provide you with nearly the same amount of health regeneration, but would require you to shift points into Cunning to make up for the OA.

For the weapon, either “Defiler’s” or “Sorcerer’s” or “Shieldbreaker’s” work as they all provide the 3% OA you need. The Shield is a 2-common affix that focuses on DA & Physical Resistance.

• Pyran’s is used for the +1 to Demo skills and the additional Health Regeneration.
  • Thread of Mortality is perfectly designed for this build, as it gives points to both classes as well as Vindictive Flame. Note that the medal converts 100% of the proc to fire damage.
  • Ember’s Calling chest provides valuable DA as well as Ulzuin’s Wrath points (Ulzuin’s Wrath combines very well with Light of Empyrion, as Light focuses on melee attackers while Ulzuin’s handles ranged attackers)
  • Runebrand Legwraps provides valuable tertiary resistances as well as Mogdrogen’s Pact points
  • Tinker’s Ingenuity is an excellent item for regen-focused builds as long as you don’t need the skill points.
  • Seal of the Blazing Inferno provides valuable OA + more Ulzuin’s Wrath points.
  • Mark of Divinity contains an excellent circuit breaker and more points to Flame Touched for OA.
  • Iron Maiden Shoulders, Wyrmbone gloves, and Molten Walker boots get BWC to 22/12.
  • Pyrans, Tinker’s and Wyrmbone are all craftable; I crafted Physique in order to equip the Ember’s Calling chest.

As you can see, all items play a very important role in shaping the build.

Obviously a big con with the build is the low %Fire damage, but that’s partly made up by Spirit investment. You’ll only feel the low damage when fighting Arcane or Healer mobs, but you’re only in real trouble if you physically can’t move your character because you got yourself locked in a corner, and even then you have plenty of time to return to the main menu if you’re playing Hardcore. SR farming is easy by moving across the map and aggroing as much as possible to get the maximum time bonuses for enemy kills.

Grava is simple, if long, due to the 94% Chaos resist. Not trivial, since you still have to run from his Nullification, but easy in the end. Physical resistance makes Iron Maiden also simple, just a matter of wearing her down.

SR 75 Clear with Elemental Resist mutator

Ravager of Minds kill (first try, only used HP Regen and OA consumables)

6 Likes

guess we’re gonna have some more regen nerfs
:grin:

i do enjoy gimmick or theme builds like this, so good job on this one, :+1:
def way better than my immortality approach, 0dps, then still dies :rofl:

2 Likes

I love health regen characters, so this is right up my alley.
I also went with Elementalist to create my massive health regen freak, but a completely different (albeith more conventional) route:

Can’t boast such feats as SR 75 or killing Ravager, but it’s cool to play.

Just curious as to why you didn’t put any more points into Heart of the wild ?

Big props in any case.

The title’s “The Quest for Immortality.” I never said that I found it. :shushing_face:

It took me days of pouring over Grimtools looking for a good regen-focused character before I settled on this one. Regen is very hard to build around and requires very specific items to get it at a point where I was proud of it. Like you, I had to deal with my own 0DPS moments where the SR timer would run out without even dying.

^ The only reason I didn’t add more points in Heart of the Wild is because I need to focus on all the other skills. 5 or 7 is usually a good breakpoint (either 15% or 20% Health) for me, even if it means I skip out on some extra regen. If I could scrounge up some more OA from somewhere, I’d be able to take points from Flame Touched, but you really need all the OA you can get for this build.

2 Likes

And I thought I was so unique XD

Didn’t really set out for immortality, it was my first attempt at a regen character. And since it was my first attempt and I had no idea how much regen is enough, I may have overdone it and sacrificed a lot of damage for unnecessary amounts of regen. She sure slaps SR75-80 with ease though.

1 Like