[1.1.9.8 - 1.2.0.3] (2H Melee) It Bonks - Blazerush Elementalist [4:30 Crucible] [SR75-76] [All Celestials]

you see how big’s dat bat, right? there’s the thing. you don’t need to chase anyone, you just BONK - and then the shockwave spreads all across the world, that’s how big and powerful that bonk is.

6 Likes

It drives people bonkers :open_mouth:

Great build! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone please help with devotion points?? Im doing something wrong because i do not have enough blue to put points in kraken…so i cant finish phoenix & the last one the ulzins torch…please help & thank you

you can take some cheap blue devo (like Eel) to take Kraken and then remove points from Eel.

Welcome here :slight_smile:

Quite likely - Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them
see the point “How to make devotions support themselves”

Also - it is likely that you have to temporarily take another devotion ot meet a requirement, only to remove it afterwards again (as the other devotion now supports itself)

2 Likes

Well, it turns out I am old and I actually didn’t play it, although I vividly remember playing it. (maybe played it in my dream? Who knows)

So had to make up for it and actually played it. And yeah, it really bonks!

4 Likes

I noticed that I have way better fire res in-game rather than in GT (37% vs 14%) so for anyone struggling with it, replace the 18% cold res aug with 12/12 fire/cold for better overcaps.

2 Likes

Now that Bart’s Warmaul has had its attack arc buffed to 120 degrees, it might be interesting to see how it fares using the same sort of building techniques as this Blazerush build. Single target of course would be worse but AoE would be really interesting - multiple Upheavals can proc with each hit and they can overlap. I believe the Ultos set once supported this capability via Savagery but got nerfed.

In any case, it might be worth a try.

1 Like

yeah, but taking Fire Strike means skill points problem, attack speed, OA and slow res loss. Plus how do you intend to convert Lightning to Fire?

Those are problems for you guys to solve. :wink: I tried solving these problems before with little success; maybe you guys have better luck.

That’s what I was trying to say, that it’s just unfeasible on a conceptual level already. You need a strong synergy item or couple of items like Blazerush and Korvaak helmet for a melee Elementalist to work. Bart Maul just won’t cut it, I don’t think you can even reasonably gather enough skill points with it on a fire strike + upheaval kind build.

I don’t claim that the concept is either good or works (done in about 20 minutes) - but getting Fire Strike, lightning to fire conversion and low investment upheavel is at least possible (however the OA is too low for a crit hit build) - Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

quick retrofit of my lightning arcaneweaver elementalist
looks like the points are there, Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
other stats might be unsalvageable without going mega green, no idea
*also didn’t redo skill points for fire/etc, so doubt distribution or devos are optimal, just a quick gear swap to check fire strike and upheaval points

11k HP, reminds me of my own elementalist i had somewhere :joy:

edit, look at this shitter :rofl:

so you are not converting Lightning to Fire fully? Also no Brimstone (not criminal but it’s still ok damage on melee FS). But most importantly no added Upheval weapon damage. Idk, unless this produces the bugged interaction that triggers multiple Upheavals at the same time I can’t see it. Maybe I am too old.

who needs HP :innocent:
(well, actual I need them - can even easily die with 20k and one hit - but this is another story)

OK, no problem. I was kinda hoping somebody could make it work because it can be actually pretty neat and satisfying when there are multiple enemies.

Perhaps we can just settle for a more realistic goal of maximising the fun factor by stacking OA and attack speed and having just enough of everything else to be able to clear MC content without worrying about clear times.

2 Likes

That somebody could be you, builders are playing it too safe nowadays, cowards! :smiling_imp:

like i said, it was very quick item swap on my arcaneweaver/veilkeeper elementalist, so very few considerations were made

nop, back when i last messed around with this in a more serious manner i think i ended up that maxing upheaval was more important than full lightning conversion, so shoulders are probably not worth swapping, but maybe a ring could be

like i said, didn’t touch/redo points at all, just gear to check if points were even there

i think that’s going to be the saving grace/necessary regardless of conversion or reaching brimstone :sweat_smile:
like i said, unsure if stats can even be salvaged without 8 double rare MIs, this wasn’t so much a point as to the build concept being viable, but just as far as the skill points goes they are atleast possible

2 Likes