[1.1.9.8] A Stiff Breeze - Templar Spinner (SR75-76, Ravager, CR ~4:00)

Wanna feel like an iron curtain of windy doom while using a rarely fitted MI?!? Well snuggle up and get ready to farm the Fatboy until your eyes bleed for one of those sweet double rares. Bonus points, another low DA example to show reddit that they are forever misguided.

Tl;dr we break the full cyclone set with a well farmed MI and increase tankiness while giving a super fun mirror steroid. The MI is relatively flexible for affixes, you ideally want elemental or lightning damage, with an attack speed boosting suffix.

Other Green Items of Note:

• Reaper Pants: needed to cap EoR. “of vitality” suffix is all the rage because HP buffers + leech >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DA. Can grab from SR runs rather than target farm

• Living Rings: Honestly, if you play any elemental build you should have a stockpile of these. Either farm them while doing your bloom runs, or shop scum a good selection. Here are single rare because we want alacrity on both, Z is a big meanie and makes almost any spinner impossible to cap attack speed.

• Kaisan necklace: I’m sorry, this farm sucks imo. If you really don’t want to go through pain and suffering, the +1 oathkeeper is more important here. Mythical Eye of Beronath or Mythical Azrakaa’s Sands should be the easiest to plug in (ymmv, have not tested either). The latter frees up boots for going back to Mythical Boots of Primordial Rage if you lack a set of Intrepid Warboots (aka almost everyone outside of stashers).

A mix of tempest and thunderstorm and/or formidable prefixes is what you want to aim for. In the link I don’t use formidable, but those with a good pair of crafted boots will want to highly consider. Mostly alacrity/attack speed suffixes when possible.

Rest of the gear is standard blue/purples. Belt is important as it’s our dual wield enabler, we don’t want to break 3 piece cyclone to use korvaak medal, 15% phys res is worth considerably more than a lightning belt here. Boots were chosen as a quick Slow res fix.

Since we have some Arcanist racial damage for our Grava matchup, I skip bones for diamond proc and chains to improve trap resist.

Misc Testing Thoughts:

• You can use 3x Skyshard augments in jewelry if you really want, it’ll improve single target kill speed a bit, but the extra HP and a bit more DA is probably more sane here (if you ask @mad_lee ). I settled on 1 skyshard 2 Ateph’s promise, I saw a relatively big Ravager kill time drop losing all 3 (Ravager has higher than sane OA requirements). You’ll have plenty of OA to keep Hand of Ultos and Elemental Imbalance proccing. In the posted videos I’m still using 3x Skyshard and ~2050 DA.

• Tested Divine Mandate for crit damage to take advantage of the high OA better, but was a wash on kill times while reducing some safety. Wouldn’t personally recommend.

• Devotions were ultimately chosen for maximum EoR uptime. Reckless tempest could be slotted with some tweaks and set on Vire for SR or Crucible usage, but I preferred crab+hylian for good ele% and additional tank.

• Full cyclone set here was deceptive. Ravager kill time can be brought in line with this setup, but in SR I noticed myself actually dying, unlike the dual wield setup. Despite the extra CDR, I believe the slightly higher weapon damage for leech + aggressive mirror steroid clears out even the ugliest packs and immediately reduces damage compared to the full set. If you’re still farming the MI weapon, you can certainly run the full set, just play a bit more sane.

Gameplay?!?

We’re a spinner, so we’re gonna spin. Dash + Vire into pack, hit Aether Corruption and watch Hand of Ultos procs go nuts. Immediately combo hit Mirror and Ascension cause we’re gonna go full Jean Drill Sword and clear the bulk of the pack. Clean up any stragglers and move on.

In boss rooms, feel free to pull as many as you like. Same deal, tag aether corruption while you get everyone into a group hug, mirror+ascension, and spin spin spin. You’ll notice in video below the only close call was taking a Benji + Bollag double fist of doom. If you want absolute safety just pull 2 I spose, no combo will threaten you. In other testing I pulled 2x Fabius + Iron Maiden and no issues were encountered. Uhh, buff DA or something.

Use nullification in a big pack or boss pulls if you start to see your debuff bar hit 2+ rows.

Results:
SR75-76: (5:23) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yFN4ANe2A
Ravager: (1:13) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acFA8V5zRKA
CR: (3:54, @banana_peel hands, average around 4:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1LN005WSQs
Naked + Extra Spawns CR: (5:36, don’t ever play CR like this unlike @romanN1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk6y4zmgD9k

Ending Thoughts
Any combo of Cyclone set is performing very well now. Archon and Shieldbreaker bring big damage and better solo kill speed than this. Paladin is a bit of a middle ground, while Templar has the best tank at the cost of a bit of single target speed. I’m partial to Templar w/MI as it’s a very easy play, keeps spin uptime high, and is extremely forgiving.

Thanks to the toxic channel for testing and tweaks (green boots that I refuse to fit out of respect for the people and their scrap piles, augment adjustments) @banana_peel @mad_lee @romanN1 and finally @KoS9K for his previous full cyclone efforts, see his updated full cyclone Templar here

14 Likes

GJ, thanks to all players involved.
VM 1/1/0 instead of 1/0/1?
:crate: kill when? Shouldn’t be an issue with :mirror:, :crab:, :turtle:, nullification.

I watched this anime.

1 Like

1st things 1st - cool build and can vouch for @eardianm since I also played it through SR a few times and the low DA isnt rly an issue if you can pay attention to ur buffs & just keep spinning. :+1:

Furthermore since Elementalist Mementalist got ignored here & is crying in some dark, forgotten corner I might add something on it as well.

It is actually doing alright too FYI! :tada:

Sure this has nothing to do with EoR but is still a cyclone-toon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to reinstall GI first!

1 Like

Boomer weeb

Need to make a collection of Cyclone spinners at this point.
And maybe, it’s time to nerf cyclone

3 Likes

Bring some full Cyclone Templar stuff. Most brainles gameplay, sometimes it’s absurdly tanky even low DA. From extra tankines just switch component in main hand to Haunted steel and offhand to Aether Corruption.

1 Like

Why so many points to Spirit?

For damage, life and energy regen.

1 Like