[1.1.9.8] Armored Sorcerer - a regular ol' Aether CT stomper SR90

Fluff

Hello! I’ve been wanting to share this build for a little while now as it ended up being an interesting craft, pretty strong overall, and fun to play. The idea was basically to see how high I could stack defenses while still retaining respectable DPS so I could facetank with the best of them. Breaking new ground here I know… :sweat_smile:

Anyway, in the end I tried to go for everything, which explains the 10/10 pianomancing shown in grimtools link below. I found the play style is very manageable though if you remap some keys, take advantage of mouse button binds, and run something like Autohotkey to map a couple sets of skills to trigger with 1 button press. But first…

Fashion Dawn

:damage_fire: :damage_fire: :damage_fire: >>> GRIMTOOLS 1.1.9.8 <<< :damage_fire: :damage_fire: :damage_fire:

Stats

And that’s just the toggles, this doesn’t including procs like Golemborn and Shieldwall which pump armor over 5K! Not bad for a shieldless Sorcerer.

The star of the defense though is Nature’s Guardian in combination with Maiven’s which brings the total damage absorption to ~45%, and with decent CR + Eternity as well as a high chance to crit spamming Callidor’s Tempest (especially after buffs/debuffs), the combat uptime is very good.

Physical resist ends up a little low, but you can’t have it all. Plus the Fire conversion and stats of the Haunted Vestment play better than something like Fateweaver’s Raiment.

Some Build Details

• Devotions are heavily defense-oriented with Primordial + Order
  • Defensive layers also include Arcane Will → Blast Shield → Turtle Shell → and finally Mirror
  • Only 1 pt in Mirror (I prefer to softcap Nullification)
  • Lifeleach via CT is the primary healing mode, but Tip the Scales and Ulzuin’s Wrath can contribute too
  • Why 1 pt in Mortar Trap skills? Autohotkey toggles it simultaneously with Hellfire Mine (-RR) so there is no extra effort for extra automated DPS
  • Why MAX Temper? Physical damage near fully converts, +Defense, and there is a decent amount of synergy gained by +%Retaliation damage considering small % added to CT attack damage, Phoenix Fire and Shield Wall devotions, the Vindictive Flame skill, and even Blast shield and Mirror when they come into play for more “stop hitting yourself” damage
  • For the medal and ring craftables, I split between +%armor and +%crit to achieve +78% crit total so you can definitely get over 80 which is pretty nice and key for taking down endgame content
  • -109 Aether RR total if those stupid arcane bombs decide to go off

Playstyle

Charge and stomp.

Long explanation → Blazing Charge 'em for a huge hit (or lead with debuffs depending on scenario). Then Flashbang (autohotkey proc OFFreeze), Middle Mouse Button (MMB) to drop Hellfire Mines (autohotkey proc Mortar), BackMouseButton Gaze of Beronath debuff (autohotkey proc Ravager’s Deathgaze), RMB Aether Corruption, toss a Devastation, and spam-hold CT until debuff/devastation refresh. Null and Mirror as required.

Anything Else

• I’ve only beaten Mogdrogen and Ravager which weren’t exactly quick fights, but definitely doable. I’ve yet to attempt the others.
  • This build may be able to push up to SR90, haven’t attempted that yet either.
  • OFFreeze is largely superfluous and I could have an extra 2 skill pts to increase radius of Flashbang or something more useful, but I just like having it for the full pianomancer effect anyway.
  • What would I do with 5 extra devotion points? Probably go for Bull Rush (more leach opportunities) and swap Arcane Bomb proc to Flashbang. That or Dryad’s Blessing for non-leach heals and +4 phys res. Was kinda bummed the latest expansion won’t push the DP total to 60, but oh well. Probably hell to try and keep everything balanced so I get that.
  • I haven’t tried 1.2 as I don’t want to lose Grim Internals, but there will probably be a noticeable power loss given the Magi Prefix revamp on Heart of Theodin Marcel (-Reckless for +Devastation) and the Lifeleach nerf.

Well, hope you dig it. Probably the only build I’ll post as I’m kinda 1-and-done, but it’s been great lurking and scoping many of your builds.

Edit: So it looks like older builds don’t auto-populate into the build compendium so I theory-crafted a 1.2 version to hopefully fix that (I guess you have to post a YT vid for it to work). Since it remains untested, I’ll leave the title as is for now.

Grimtools 1.2

Changes: dumped OFF for more Fabric of Reality and left +2 to Devastation. Also reworked most of the Augments to support a little more offensive damage. Shield Wall got a +10% armor boost, nice.

1 Like

Couldn’t make it past Reaper of the Lost on SR94 even after chugging some pots. Many deaths trying.

I usually don’t have to pay attention to the modifiers, but I think Cruel [+60% monster crit] didn’t help me any here! With the build, I also realized Vindictive flame wasn’t really helping all that much so I freed up a bunch of points to max Fabric of Reality for a better min/max result overall.

I’m going to edit title to SR90 as you can still blaze through most stuff doing the same ol’ burn down face tanking without much care up to this point, but I had a few deaths increasing after 88-94 not paying attention and getting caught out with skill disruptions or heavy hitters with the modifiers (Grava’Thul, Kaisan, Aleksander).