[1.1.9.8] - Big damage hits? What's your biggest that didn't involve Reduction to Enemy Health?

So I’m looking into large single-hit builds for some fun. What’s the biggest single hit that you’ve done, that didn’t involve Reduction to Enemy Health (RtEH), and from playing solo?

Specifically no RtEH because you can jump into deep SR and war cry some trash mobs for like 10m damage, and that’s not what I’m looking for :wink:

I’ve recently made these builds that have big hits (And likely could be bigger with more optimisation - adding Prismatic Diamond for 10% total damage modifier, or adding more racial damages), but their biggest hits so far are getting into the 2.5m range. I’m also including dual-wield weapon hits in this, so if you’re working with something like a Shadow Strike build, or a Doom Bolt build where it can trigger twice, feel free to double the damage of your biggest ShadowStrike/DoomBolt hit to show it’s “potential biggest” that you’ve been able to achieve.

What’s the single biggest hit you’ve been able to achieve?

Here are some of mine so far:

Forcewaver - 2.47m - Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Aegis of Menhir - 2.54m - Paladin, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Shadow Strike - 1.3m x2 (potential 2.6m) - Witch Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Grenado - 1.83m - Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Although I’ve heard you can get to 2.2m on a good grenado

What’s the biggest single damage hit you’ve been able to achieve on a solo character?

9 Likes

A Sabouter that I might post as a guide at some point. And it’s not even a glassified version’s crit (that one could probably go as high as 3.5 mill or more).

EDIT: Guy being critted on the picture is Reaper btw

5 Likes

Blazerush Elementalist - almost 2,9 mil.

Spellscourge Battlemage

дамаг

Harbinger Pyro

харб

Veilkeeper Druid

дурид

Bleeding Blademaster - this is technically not a single bonk but a tick but still pretty amazing.

4 Likes

Niiiiiiice! Would love to see you optimize it for max damage :open_mouth:

Daaaaaaymn! Very nice. Your Harbinger build - if that doom bolt hit twice and crit twice, wuold that mean you can technically get close to 4m damage with it?

Also, 1.8m bleed tick - Delish!!

2 Likes

Well I did, the GT is there if you click on word “glassified version”. I wanted to set Crucible record with it but couldn’t in the end. That was my best run with it:

1 Like

3 Likes

HOT DAMN.

Is there a link to your build?

1 Like

Do it later
Its a Rimetongue Sorc.

1 Like

This is from a quick Crucible 100-160 just now, Trozan’s build with 6 projectiles, so I guess theoretical spike ‘single cast’ damage (although quite unlikely) could be 423,000 x 6 = 2,538,000 damage ? 2.5m every 1.7 seconds ain’t bad :open_mouth:

Might see higher numbers with more playtime, so it might be possible to get closer to the ‘potential’ 2.8 or 3m :open_mouth:

Have you guys made a trozan’s build that can crit for 500-600k from a single rock?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s damage per projectile, I think “Damage dealt” is the most damage dealt in like a second or something like that (so probably all of your projectiles).

Here is top20 Trozan build:

изображение

1 Like

That… can’t be right. I’m seeing my projectiles hit for 200k-350kish + each. Unless it’s recorded like that if they happen to deal damage at exactly the same milisecond or something…? That would be such a weird way to calculate Damage Dealt… :open_mouth:

but that would mean that my Trozan in the example above hits 1,8 million with every projectile, would it not? Which is not true (unfortunately :smiling_imp: )

Unless… your build has a reduction to enemy health attack on it somewhere which was triggered on a trash mob with a tonne of HP in deep SR or something… ?

…which it does, from the Seal of Annihilation… ?

I am not sure that was the case. Or even that hp reduction on white mobs can produce such a number. Build simply has a lot of damage, more than any variation of Allagast.

HP reduction on white mobs absolutely can deal that much. This is from a build that can’t damage its way through SR 75 (built exclusively for deep SR tanking in multiplayer). The damage comes from War Cry

4 Likes

6 million damage from hp reduction on War Cry? Woah!

1 Like

Yeah. For a while, for deep SR, I was looking very seriously into making Reduction to Enemy Health dps builds with Bloody Pox and dual-wielding Myth. Demonslayer’s Life Enders, or Deathdealer’s for Exterminate.

This was one of the first forays into exploring the potential damage of health reduction in deep sr : 72m Damage Using Bloody Pox (lol) - #3 by WyreZ

What I found was that it IS great for clearing *some * trash, but… it has 0 effect on bosses. On Grimtools the nemesis’ have listed ~96% resistance to life reduction, but when Grim Internals was running, I could see that it was dealing 0 life reduction damage to most bosses… so the incredible benefits of significantly reducing down chunks of enemy hp at the start of fights became significantly thwarted by them otherwise doing suboptimal damage during the important fights…

1 Like

2.67m on an Aegis of Menhir :o

1 Like