[1.1.9.8] Caustic Rebuke: 4:05m Crucible Gladiator, SR 90, 34 seconds Ravager retaliation caster Sentinel by mad_lee [sr+][c+][vid]

Then yeah, use Spinedust, difference will be minimal.

And come back with your experience playing the build, I am always happy to get feedback.

1 Like

Hi mad_lee, thanks for all the great builds, I’m a fan.

I have a very important question for this build. Once I crafted the amulet it changed my beautiful green Aegis to grey.

How do I overwrite the colour swap?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure you can with this setup. When items do conflicting mods it’s the order that you equip them. Might the order in which you equip the conduit and take the transmutor on Aegis affect it?

1 Like

You just had to make me notice that didn’t you.

If you figure something out, let me know.

From my experience if an item swap works for visual change, then it has to be repeated every time you go in-game from Main Menu. With transmuter it’s probably going to be the same, if it works that is. If everything fails, a small cosmetic mod could be applied to the game that fixes it.

Hello,any sugestion how lvling this build please? Thanks :vulcan_salute:

Check out this ⬆ How to level top 20 (softcore) builds in Grim Dawn topic
and this Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions)

But maybe level devotions just like in this build.
I even started devotion path for someone on Discord a while ago (you end up with devo on the right).

2 Likes

I was never able to get the same exact greens as the build but went ahead and followed the build and really enjoyed it. Feels fun being like captain America with the shield attack sound and bouncing off everything. Its great to have a retaliation build that can also do damage by attacking. Only thing that sucks on mine is the OA because the greens (not sure how much this affects aegis of menhir?). This is probably one of my favorite SR farming builds. Thanks for sharing and can see why its a top 20 build.

Hi, I’m playing this build and having a lot of fun! I was wondering though, why is it okay that the sheet DA is so low? Maybe there’s some OA shred I’m not noticing somewhere?

Glad you are enjoying it. It might be hard to get the exact same rings but what you really need is something like aggressive of celerity or tempest of celerity or light bringer’s of attack or aggressive of gildam arcanuum. Those rings can be vendor farmed so it’s worth spending a bit of tedious time to vendor farm good ones.

Hi, glad you are liking it. Low DA is there on purpose, because you want to be hit as much as possible as often as possible. This build is half shield thrower half huge damage sponge that retaliates with some mean toxicity.

1 Like

Any quick summary on how this fares with the 1.2 changes?

Should be fine, I’m running a cooldown lightning Aegis of Menhir build and it’s been solid as even getting sundered.

1 Like

Still the beast that will probably get into our next top20 rating that we are currently cooking (yeah you heard it here first)

2 Likes

ooooooooo new top 20 for 1.2

niiice, hope it’s coming soon

Can I suggest something? Instead of honorable mentions, please try doing a top5 suitable for HC :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, we might (there is a non-zero chance) have a small HC selection given that we have a certain HC builds expert within our ranks this time…

2 Likes

giphy

1 Like

Any recommendations on what skill to level with when the plan is to swap to this build?

Hi Mad Lee

Thanks for the build.

1. There is faction belt Dreeg Venomspine Girdle at Dreeg faction with native acid retaliation. Could it be better (with same prefix/suffix) then Gargoyle Girdle?

2. Dreeg-Select pants (with native acid retal). Are they (with phys res prefix like Formidable) worse than Mythical Thornhide Legguards?

3. Does it make sense to stack precisely acid retalation everywhere possible? Or any flat retaliation (fire, physical, lightning) works the same?
    For example, will this build do more damage with 170-200k acid retal + 60k fire retal or 175-205k acid retal and 55k fire retal?

4. Basilisk Fang as medal? Will the adtch from it work on Aegis of Mehnir retal damage?

5. Taking Turtle and dropping Stag + 30 da/210 armor node of Obelisk of Menhir?

6. Dropping Scales + Hound and taking Manticore (bound to Guardians) + Turtle (while keeping Stag and 30 da/210 armor nod of Obelisk oh Menhir)? Extra 8% phys res + proc from Turtle - against losing 300 armor, 70% retal damage and mana leech/regen from Scales?

this is how it may look like.

Hi there. That faction belt can be an option, but you are going to be missing out on a lot of OA.

Worse, because proc on Thornhide is just too massive to pass up. Retal doesn’t scale with any attribute, so %damage is all you have and it’s very valuable. Plus that damage reduction from beasts is very handy.

Ideally you want more acid retal than any other retal. At the same time because %damage values for every retal type are very close and you usually have like half rr to every damage type it’s not a requirment. Sometimes it’s not worth chasing small flat retal values like on Scarab for example and it’s better to take chunky OA on Panther (can be or not be the case here).

It’s an option but I found that Ikrix medal is better. Adtch should work on retal portion of AoM, but big resilience from Ikrix medal (plus some armor) works really well with Fevered Rage.

Can’t say, you gotta test it. Looks good on paper, but adtch dropped and then I am not sure how effective is Manticore on Guardians here. Scales proc a lot cuz build is getting hit a lot.

My current spec looks like this:

I switched to Turtle and then to Vampiric of Celerity ring. I am not sure about latter because there is some fuckery afoot with “Vampiric” prefix as in it might not drop that often. But I guess you can reset vendor untill you puke he gives you that ring or Dread Lord’s of Celerity. Light Bringer’s prefix on belt might also be better.

And in our current top20 testing this is the version we went with: Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
by @banana_peel . It has less direct retal but its AoM hits harder.

1 Like