(1.1.9.8) HC Beginner Primal Strike Druid + Leveling guide - suitable for first char

Hi! When you reach lvl 10 you’re able to choose a second mastery, and then you stick with the class you chose till the end (in our case, Druid shaman+arcanist).
Since we started with shaman, after lvl 10 we pick Arcanist as our secondary mastery, when you reach lvl 20-30 you start putting points on arcanist mastery bar until you reach maiven’s sphere of protection and its second node (i believe you’re gonna spend 40 points)

1 Like

thank you very much for the clarification! got it!

1 Like

At level 35ish, any boss mob just trucks me. Why are my defenses for this build feeling so horrible?

https://i.imgur.com/BtEkI16.png

Havent played a ton of GD, but a lot of PoE. Are resistances that important at this low level?

1 Like

Yes, resistances are one of the most important things in GD. try this: go to the blacksmith and craft 2 wardstones, bind them to your amulet and medal. Craft 2 silk swatches and bind them to chest armor and shoulder armor. Craft 3 antivenom salves and bind them to your feet, belt and gloves. Craft a scaled hide and bind on pants. If you already got respected with Rovers faction, buy runestone blueprint from them,craft one and bind on helmet. You can craft a purified salt and bind on your weapon for some extra aether resistance. You can farm some Soul shards on arkovian underground to bind on your rings to get some good vitality resistances, and also, i like using the incendiary shoulderguards that drops from cronley’s thugs, they give us good chaos resists early on. And if you do that and somehow still feel a little squishy, you can always put more points on wendigo totem skill.
I see you’re not using Slith Primal Ring - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database it’s a ring with good resists you get early on game. Very useful

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this description. I’m still a beginner in the game, I don’t have much experience. Based on your description, I’m progressing in hcssf and I really enjoy the character. :smiley: Druid, Level 68 (GD 1.2.0.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator I’m slowly trying ultimate difficulty thanks again for the wonderful description

1 Like

thank you for the reply i really appreciate! good luck bro

1 Like

I do not get this (i played GD before, but that was many years ago), how do i go there and aren’t the mobs highlvl because the DLC is after you finished the base game?
Also you say " You can farm it from Animated Preserver"
but when i follow the link i only see that it is Monster Level 100 and different spawn locations but i cannot click on the spawn location to see it on the map.

1 Like

No. Forgotten Gods zones scale from level 15 to 100, they’re available right after completing act 1. Talk to the Emissary who shows up outside all the towns.

Monster level 100 is simply the default for Grimtools, you can just change it to see stats and drop tables at different levels. And only the spawn points for fixed bosses are shown there because it would be a nightmare on the map, just look for the area names and learn where the exact spawns are ingame.

2 Likes

How does this hold up for 1.2? I’ve heard Primal Strike Druid was quite good, but I’m not very experienced and unsure how to adapt to 1.2 changes, or if there are any I’d need to consider. Thanks for the write up, will definitely start levelling through it I think.

1 Like

Hi! I believe this build can stand its ground against almost all enemies and nemesis on patch 2 too, but be aware of kiting when needed since now bosses and nemesis can heavily hit you with the nasty sunder debuff

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying this build. What would it be a step by step devotion path?

1 Like

hi!

1. crossroads - 1 point on eldritch (green)
  2. spider -5 points
  3. Sailor’s guide - 4 points
  4. Widow - 6 points (bind the arcane bomb proc to Primal Strike)
  5. Kraken - 5 points
  6. Viper - 4 points
  7. Behemoth - 6 points
  8. Ultos, shepherd of storms - 5 poins (bind hand of ultos proc to wind devil)
  9. Crossroads - Remove Primordial (blue)
  10. Crossroads - 1 point in order (yellow)
  11. Tortoise - 5 points
  12. Stag - 4 points
  13. Lion - 3 points
  14. Crossroads - Remove order (yellow)
  15. Tree of Life - 6 points
  16. Korvaak, The eldritch sun - 1 point
1 Like

Hi! I would like to thank you again for this description. Successfully achieved HCSSF first hundred level character. THY :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! TY for the feedback, i’m happy to see you achieved Lvl 100 on HC! good luck on endgame farming now

1 Like

TY S.E.P_Ralf :smiley: That would be my question. What do you think of my current gear? If you manage to manage ultos amulet. Can you start farming sr65? Thank you for your helpful answer. Have a nice day

1 Like

Ur char looking good! I think you can try 65-66 already. Be sure to use some pharma for health regen, making your runs safer, and beware of the sunder debuff, don’t be ashamed to run for safety if needed :joy:

1 Like

All right. Thanks for the helpful answer :smiley:

1 Like

With recent buffs to Ultos set i think it’s worth going even for non-mythical full Ultos set for HP regen and damage (if you have the recipe for helmet).

1 Like

Hi S.E.P_Ralf. I managed to polish my equipment a bit. Druid, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator That’s what I want to ask you. What do you suggest? I see that the devo points are distributed differently in the end game. What do you suggest? Is it worth transferring the devo points? Or it’s only worth it if you have all the equipment you have in the endgame. Thank you for your helpful answer

1 Like

Hello! Your build’s looking very good! I think it’s worth changing the endgame devotion path only when u get full mythical ultos set and Veilkeeper’s crest

1 Like