[1.1.9.8] Ritualist lvl76 (Pets) Starting Ultimate, any advice?

Just finished Elite, Utlimate unlocked. I’m kinda curious if this build is gonna hold up, any thoughts, comments or bets? :thinking: :rofl:

Keep in mind that the build calculator is bugged a bit at the moment, pet resistances are not calculated correctly. The resistance bonus’ that Emboldening Presence on Briarthorn and Oak Skin on Mogdrogen’s Pact give are not added, the Aether Ward is added fine. Will add screenshot from in the game with correct pet resistances.

hm… ideally, if you want to focus on pets, you should go all in on pets and spec out of player damage. summoner playstyle heavily prioritizes focusing on pets alone for damage while the player supports them with buffs and heals while debuffing the enemy.

However, if you really wish to keep the hybrid playstyle, this might be worth looking into even though it is a Warder instead of a Ritualist - [1.1.9.1] Beginner's Hybrid Pet Warder - The Mogdrogen Cleaver - Blue Set - SR75

I am not really experienced with the hybrid playstyle. But, hopefully someone else might be able to help you with that.

1 Like

I went for this hybrid style because I’m playing with a controller, aiming with ranged skills will not be easy I think with a controller. It works very good for now, time will tell if it holds up hehe. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

It is really funny for me to see this because, i actually had an endgame baked version of this concept as hybrid build on my hard drive for a long time, but I never got to do the final touches to release it,.

so now you make me realize i should probably get that work done one of these days, but for now i can tell you it can ‘hold up’ and maxes out at SR75 (but not within timer), however right now i see only 2 items that are also in the endgame version: the guillotine axe and the gloves (mythical) so 'm not claiming it will be easy.

2 Likes

Had to look up SR75 and timer… you lost me there for a sec. :sweat_smile:
I’m a new player and these are the items I found while going through normal and elite, guess I’ll find some juicy upgrades soon. Without other characters to mooch from, it might take some time though. :smirk:

Thanks for the comment!

the translation is my build can finish the campaign on ultimate, but from ‘pro’ perspective it is a meme build.

My build uses devouring swarm tho (and maybe that is an issue for you because of controller), but in the end to make it really good you have to concentrate heavily on bleeding dmg and bleed resist reduction. Also my devotion is totally different and uses huntress and mogdrogen (bleed devotions) and only skellies and briarthorn, no other pets (sometimes less = more)

EDIT: actually it also uses marrow band since it is automated

Thanks for clarifying hehe.

This build is pretty much a WIP, skillpoints scattered here and there to test stuff out. When I hit a wall I’ll probably try some other devotion combinations, probably I’ll waste no time looking at those you just mentioned. :wink:

When you get around to posting your hybrid build, please send me a DM or a mention. :slight_smile:

i think i have time to upload it tomorrow

1 Like

I play mostly hybrid Pet builds, so i’m going to try to help you. Hybrid builds tend to make a lot of sacrifices in order to function properly. My approuch mainly focus on getting an offensive skill for myself (level 75 component skills tend to be good enough for this task) and determining the type of damage the build is going to use and the best Pet mastery for that damage type. The secondary mastery is used mainly for support (through player and pet buffs or other valuable things like resistance reduction). I always put a heavy emphasis on getting the most of a single mastery first before worrying about the secondary mastery.

You seem to be relatively fine when it comes to resistances, but your Pets are lacking damage. You need higher values to get through the tougher parts of Ultimate difficulty. One thing you should decide is what kind of damage you will focus on. With Ritualist and your current skill and devotion setup, it is probably better to go for Physical. Vitality damage requires a ton of resistance reduction and the Master of Death exclusive skill. You are closer to Primal Bond and you could make a few adjustments to your devotion setup and grab Assassin’s Blade (for the resistance reduction proc) and throw enough skill points into Spectral Wrath (on Necro) to softcap it. That should be enough to beat the campaign. Also, physical resistance has the lowest values on monsters even on Ultimate. Only the Super Bosses (the big endgame optional fights) have high physical resistance. I suggest you take the points from the yellow and purple crossroads and the ones from Nighttalon on your devotions and throw them into Assassin’s Blade. Resistance reduction is a crucial mechanic in this game. You really need it to make it through Ultimate.

Since you are using Skeletons, you should keep in mind that you will need to resummon them constantly because they are really frail. Some pieces of equipment can make this task easier by giving you extra summons. In particular, there’s a monster infrequent helm you can get from ascendant human aetherials in Malmouth that gives you an extra +4 summons to Skeletons. This means you will be able to summon more on a single cast. If you summon three now then you will be able to summon seven with this helmet. It also lowers the cooldown on your Briarthorn, so it is a really good choice. Try to farm one before you move on to Ultimate. It will make your life a little bit easier. And you could also do the same in Ugdenbog as the Wendigos drop a rare medal that will also help a lot. With these items, you should be able to feel a significant difference in the performance of your Pets. I hope these tips help you on your journey through Ultimate. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write this informative post, surely this gives me more options to try out when I hit a wall. Once I unlocked Ultimate, I immediately closed elite and started playing. Since you advise to farm for that helmet on elite first, I’ll probably do that then. :slight_smile:

1 Like