[1.2.0.2] Return of the Rogue: CR 4.10 / SR 90 / <1min Ravager tanky DW Melee Saboteur by mad_lee

hey, glad my build inspired you to try Sabo!

Your Sabo is quite a bit different from my spec, but if it works for you then hey, why not!

I am not sure about some components you have used and also I’d say that second seal of the void > coldstone + weak Belgothian Shears. Also drop one point into Merciless Repertoire - it’s a bit of damage (a drop of flat Frostburn and some %).

And if you ever have a chance to try my spec exactly like it is - do it, I’ve spent a lot of time min-maxing it and finding that sweet spot.

1 Like

Yes, I have tried your build of course. I was surprised to find that it was very survivable, with excellent balance in terms of turtle Devotion and other defenses.
But…the space whale in me whispered to me.
:whale:"Hey, you’re abandoning me? Won’t we have time to watch the whirlpools together again?"
I put my hand on his fin again, and voila, my setup was now in place😆

I will take your advice and look at making another series of small adjustments.
Thanks for your reaction!

1 Like

No Flat RR devotion this time?

The powerful magic of Nex and Ortus swords grants you that :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Right, missed the proc, my bad. Great build for sure.

2 Likes

I managed to step on SR95 without doping while piling up my own corpses like a mountain.
I started to feel that I was wasting a lot of time from around 93, so I don’t think I will try again.
I’m sure Lee Sensei’s turtle-inclusive devotions will help you trudge through it with a little less difficulty.
(Screenshot translated to japanese)

Speaking of which, the last time I posted about taking down Cala, I had him set up a large tornado far enough away beforehand so that he couldn’t set it up any further, so it wasn’t a pure head-to-head battle.

2 Likes

Sick achievement. I think Turtle + Yugol + Elemental Balance ring proc boost this one’s survivability by A LOT. Turtle is effectively 4,5k extra hp buffer, Yugol offers decent-ish damage reduction plus insane adtch value which in its turn boosts leeching from Elemental Balance (and swords’ proc).

1 Like

Yes, very useful stats like Yugol leach and petrification regi are always save me. and the reason i use the Alkamos rings is because

• Big boost for OA and melee-SPD
  • AOE to help quick battlefield change in SR
  • My obsession😏

If I could afford Devotion points, I would definitely get a turtle, but since the core of my concept is to get both Yugol and Levi, I can’t help but be on the fragile side🥴

1 Like

Sorry for the frequent posts. Just finally succeeded in defeating all the super bosses. And that too by a configuration that is pretty close to the mad-lee sensei’s build!
GT link
kill Crate of Entertainment video

The differences would be these.

• 2 Aggressive in Accessories
  • Alkamos Rings: OA/ASPD/resist compensation
  • Blind Sage: OA/CritDMG/Phys resist/Skill

Especially, I felt that the DPS boost from Blind Sage is quite significant.

I’m so excited to have fulfilled my long-held dream of defeating all the super bosses in the DW build😇

2 Likes

As a part of a melee challenge (or Ravager’s fumbles test?), presented by people in Grim Dawn discord, I did kill the hardest Ravager for a melee: Ravager of Souls with this Sabouter.
изображение

4 Likes

1.2.0.2 Update

Change devotions and belt for a bit more well rounded spec. Find the updated grimtools in the op. Here are some videos with current build’s performance:

1 Like

Looking at your build I was able to make some changes to mine, maybe you can give me some advice?

Idk, hard to say, is looks like full fantasy gd-stashed char and what’s your goal here? Make it hardcore friendly? Or just be consistent in SR 75-76? Here it is like it was done by @MergosWetNurse, I kinda liked it that way: Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator, good for softcore sr 75-76 farming.

1 Like

Great build!
It looks as strong in damage as the DW Cold reaper build but much more tanky.
Is that right? :slight_smile:

It is more tanky, but also it has more damage overall.

1 Like

What would be the minimal items to get in order to switch from the leveling build (DW Cold reaper) to this one?
For the moment I’m missing 4 pieces:

• Mythical Nex (but I have a non Mythical one)
  • Pants
  • Chest armor
  • Boots

Do you believe I could already switch?
If not, what items could replace the ones I miss while trying to get the optimal ones?

Have you already chosen both classes (Nightblade and Necromancer)? How are you planning to change to Sabouter, by using GDstash? Because there is no legitimate way to change your class unfortunately.

Pants, Chest armor and boots can be substituted with placeholders, but for weapons you need both swords - mythical version. Without them it’s a completely different build.

Oh damn!!!
then I guess I might have to GD stash it but that was not the plan :confused:
What would be a good leveling build then?

Any recommandations for the Pants, Chest armor and boots replacements?

As for the Nex I guess it’s a pure random drops so I’ll have to wait or legend craft it or transmute if I get another Mythical Ortus.

Gotta look for leveling builds on this forum, I don’t specialize on those :slight_smile:

Pants: Grava ones with Night Chill or Kuba ones with Lethal Assault. Chest - not sure, nothing can really substitute Frostdread, I guess something to patch whatever you are missing: stats, hp, phys res, etc.

Without Nex and Ortus there is no build so it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Hi,

I now got the Myth ortus so I could start the build :slight_smile:
I’m still missing the pant, boots and chest but I’ve put ok gear as replacements:

Good thing is I got lucky with 1 Overseer and 1 Vitality on the helm.
But for the other parts I can’t tell cause they are quite different from your GT and I could not manage to get what you show:

Here are the stats with 0 buff or activated devotion:

• On your GT, all prefix and suffix are optimal? If not, what would they be per item please?
  • Could you provide the needed figures for key stats please? (OA, DA, physical resist, etc…)
  • For pants, what about this one I have? (compared to my current one)

• For Chest, what about this one I have? (compared to my current one)

• For Boots, what about this one I have? (compared to my current one)

With the average gears I have so far, the build looks already incredibly solid compared to my previous DW Cold reaper!!

Thanks a lot :boom: