[1.2.0.3] Aegis Annihilator - 2.67m Aegis Crits :O

GrimTools: Paladin, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Very heavy hitting Aegis of Menhir build. Highest crit so far is 2.67m. Damage could be higher if I was using Prismatic Diamond for potential +10% Total Damage boost, which could potentially get it to ~3m.

While it’s not often critting for over 2m, it is often critting for ~1.7m which is still a very heavy hit, especially as this can hit up to six targets, and has the potential to have it’s cooldown reset, meaning it can on occasion be cast multiple times per second.

Here’s a vid of Cruci 150-170, although I die at 170, this is clearly due to poor piloting, and not because the build isn’t capable of finishing it. :smiley:

And, here’s a ~5 minute video of SR 75:

Enjoy~

3 Likes

…this also means that with some tweaks and the right conditions (mutators in sr etc), it’s probably possible to get this baby hitting for over 3m. Anyone wanna try it and report back? :smiley: Keen to hear what the community can do with this concept

Nice build!

Why the one point in ranged expertise and no points in Safeguard? Perhaps ditching Horn (since you have DR from of the abyss affix) and maxing Safeguard/Rebuke can help hitting the 3M? but not sure on the survivability.

1 Like

Good thoughts. I think Horn is still important, the AOE reduction to damage and the confusion help a lot with lowering incoming damage in large groups, and this build is not super tanky as is. So I think it’s important to keep them.

But, somehow getting some points into Safeguard, or even Ascension could be really beneficial potentially. Hm. But yeah, good question about the point in Ranged Expertise. I think that point is there because I was very sleepy when I made the build :smiley:

why seal of the void when you’re not using the wps? could use riftstone for tiny bit more dmg

1 Like

Hmmmn, that physical resist is horrifyingly low so I would have gone with Myth. Runeguard Greaves and swapped components to have a Seal of Might. But otherwise, pretty decent, still shows the weakness of non-spam AoM though and the fact the Void Soul set needs moar physical resist.

Oh dear, brain’s coming up with a build idea, send helps.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s available on pistols anymore. At least, GrimTools doesn’t seem to show it as an option.

Guess they want us to use void-ammo instead :person_shrugging:

Anyhow, came up with this abomination:

Looses damage in favour of boosting uptime via Aeon + getting Ascension and boosts PR to 30% on average. While also covering all the resists. Can’t work out how get around that double rare pistol though :stuck_out_tongue: As the OA it gives is much too important since we can’t use “tempest” + “of attack” for some juicy OA boosting on other items.

Should be a bit tankier too in theory, but dat low health scares me lawl.

One thing I’m impressed about your build though - it shows how better supported Chaos AoM is than Lightning, which relies heavily on retal to get anywhere lawl. Highest crits I’ve seen are around 1 million with my retal focused non-spam ones. And that’s with flat lightning damage on everything too ;-;

1 Like

Oooh Time Dilation :smiley:

You didn’t wanna keep Aegis at 26/16?

Whoops, missed that. Must have forgot to move points around lawl. Fixed it: Paladin, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Mind you, last night was 3-4 hourly night sweats, so my brain is a bit crap at the moment. For while my back might love the new mattress and it’s 38cm of firm comfort, I’m still adjusting to the blanket levels I need to get a low or no night sweats sleep. Because it’s a lot warmer to sleep on due to the integrated foam upper.

Mind you, summer’s always been that time of year I’d like to migrate to the Southern Alps here in NZ to get away from the heat ;-;

1 Like

what i mean is you can use symbol of solael in pistol, and use riftstone in shield, for tiny bit more dmg

1 Like

O right. Yeah! Yeah. That’s what I was thinking too, obviously <_< :wink:

Muwahahahahahaha! It lives!

Took a bit of work and some deaths to get through SR80-81. And I used health regen and cold resist pots due to running in the Manifestations of Hunger. Which I didn’t died from. And Aeon works very well also, despite the lack of any other global cooldowns lawl.

SR80-81 is definitely it’s limits, because it’s too glassy to go deeper. Often had to run away from stuff I was tanking in SR75-76. But looks like it can clear well enough to get higher minutes :3

Brain’s deads though, loosing worbs at the moment so can’t play well enough to test it further.

So here’s the file of it: _T Voidsoul Daemon

Right, I need another 4-bags-1-cup tea and fooooood.

1 Like