[1.2.0.3][HC][DW Melee] Lightning Shadow Strike Reaper: The Stormserpent set + Conduit of Night Whispers [No rare MI][Lokarr, SR66][vid]

Next build added to my Aeon’s Hourglass + Shadow Strike build collection. It’s TIME for Lightning Shadow Strike Reaper!

In-game stats

^In-game stats (1.2.0.3): Permanent buffs + Pneumatic Burst, Soul Harvest, and Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth. DPS shown is Shadow Strike.

GRIMTOOLS 1.2.0.3 UPDATED LINK

BUILD OVERVIEW

• Lightning damage Shadow Strike
  • Bone Harvest for Soul Harvest buff
  • 100% total WPS as filler whenever Shadow Strike is on cooldown. Most of the damage are converted to Lightning damage.

Conduit of Night Whispers
100% Piercing Damage converted to Lightning Damage to Shadow Strike
100% Acid Damage converted to Lightning Damage to Shadow Strike

The Stormserpent set and Conduit of Night Whispers
Piercing Damage converted to Lightning Damage

Mythical Spark of Ultos and The Stormserpent set
Cold Damage converted to Lightning Damage

Belgothian’s Carnage relic is just personal preference. “+1 to all skills in Nightblade” is nice and I like the granted skill.

Elite Bysmiel Stormshroud Mantle
I wanted max level Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends for lower Shadow Strike cooldown. This item has the needed skill bonus and it also has % Lightning damage. It can be bought from the Faction vendor of Cult of Bysmiel (Revered to unlock).

Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy
Elemental resistance reduction

RESISTANCE REDUCTION

Arcane Bomb (Widow devotion)

• -35% Lightning Resistance
  • -35% Aether Resistance

Viper devotion

• 20% Reduced target’s Elemental Resistances for 3 seconds

Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy

• Granted Skills: Celestial Presence (Buff)
    4.5 Meter Radius
    -12% Elemental Resistance

The Stormserpent set
Granted Skills: Stormserpent Orb (25% Chance on Attack)
24 Reduced target’s Resistances for 2 Seconds

PERFORMANCE

Lokarr

Ultimate SR 65-66

LEVELING

Lokarr’s set and 2 Leovinus’ Rings were used until Level 94. Level as a dual wield Aether Reaper then transition to Lightning damage by Level 94.

Gear options while leveling:

FEEDBACK / CLOSING

This build has very limited options for -% Lightning resistance and/or -% Elemental resistance. Reaper class has no skill for reducing the needed resistances. The item choices were Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy, Mythical Rune of Elgoloth, and Ignaffar’s Combustion. There are other sets that have some but either they conflict with my core items or they are for different builds. Total flat Lightning damage and % Lightning modifier is okay but fighting monsters with high Lightning resistance takes quite a while.

Thank you for reading and I hope you find this build interesting! :grin:
There’s not a lot of Lightning Reaper builds out there, right?

ngl, i don’t get it :thinking:
why Aeon, and specially, why reaper?

Time assassin enjoyer:
Aeon’s Hourglass, favorite devotion.
Nightblade, favorite mastery.
Shadow Strike, favorite skill.

I’m planning to make builds with a different damage type of Shadow Strike for each class with Nightblade while using Aeon’s Hourglass on Hardcore and I’m trying to be as creative as possible. 4 builds down, 4 more to go. Some of my builds failed and died; those who survived, I try to share. I’m not expecting to come up with the best builds but I’m experimenting on things that might work.

So, why Reaper? Yes, I asked myself that question too. :laughing:

ye but why, but it’s basically doing nothing there ? hence the confusion
you don’t really have much of anything that benefits from it, so just seems like it’s a rather big waste without big cooldown skills/when using low cd skill
like if it was a spellbreaker it might make slightly more sense since then it could be used on mirror/nulli

and what was the answer you arrived at to embark on that ? :sweat_smile: (contra infiltrator, spellbreaker, dervish etc that might actually help lightning a little)