(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage -SR65 easy and fast farming- Endgame Celestial killer build included!

juggernaut
you will feel like this blitzin’ mob’s asses away :rofl:

Hello there grimmers!

I always liked Battlemage class very much since i started playing this game. My goals while planning this giant blitzer were a char that can farm SR65 easily, fast and safe, since we are playing HC.

Since we don’t have natural RR (only flat phys RR from war cry and RR from assassin’s blades devotion proc), our char might not hit so hard like other good phys classes (witchblade, warlord, DK), but what we lose in damage we gain a lot on survivability (heavily boosted by our devotion path, since we have DR from light of empyrion and Fist of vire, besides war cry), and we even have a shit button (for bad piloting, dire situations) and Nullification can be A LOT useful!

Our “FLESH HULK” uses only easy-to-get (thank god) MI’s, craftable and shoppable items!

You might be asking: WHY THE HELL I DIDN’T USED MILTON’S CASQUE? Well, i like war cry, and even more low-CD war cry :rofl: we get DR and flat RR from this fantastic skill, so i decided to go for Fleshwarped casque (and i didn’t even mentioned the other bonuses like OA,DA and PHYS and IT dmg boosts)

I leveled this char from absolute scratch, no merits, mandates and no pre-farmed gear were used.

As said on title, after i done all skeleton dungeons and bosses, i done SR65-66 farming for somedays to obtain some items to our endgame build. I used something like this for clearing Grim League unique superbosses (except for moira), but since i played this season on SC i used a different setup and devotion path (way more damage, way less survivabilty)

Only celestial i didn’t fight was ravager, and i’ll explain further why i couldn’t

Let’s get to the build:

Char Stats
bm_stats

Char Dmg
bm_dmg

Char block+ Other Resists
bm_rst

I’ll show you how i leveled this char:

Lvl 1-10 Soldier, Level 10 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I started as a soldier. Get a 2H melee weapon and spend your first points like this: 1 point on forcewave, 2 poins on the mastery bar until you have access to tremor and blitz. Put 1 point on each and continue to spend 1 point on forcewave, 2 points on mastery bar until you unlock rending force.

Lvl 10-20 Soldier, Level 20 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Put 1 point in fighting spirit, start spending 1 point in rending force, 1 point on FW and 1 point on mastery bar until you unlock internal trauma. Spend 1 or 2 points on it. put 1 point on menhir’s will. On devotions, complete assassin’s blade and start the tortoise. Activate early totems for upgrading your gear and boost up the early leveling proccess. After defeating warden Krieg, DON’T SELL his shield, the Warden’s Fortress - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database . It’s a mandatory MI for our build

Lvl 20-30 Battlemage, Level 31 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Start spending points on the arcanist mastery bar! Put one point on iskandra’s elemental exchange and start maxing out Maiven’s sphere of protection. On devotions, complete tortoise, eel and start dire bear.

Lvl 30-40 Battlemage, Level 40 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

When you get access to pine barrens area and obtain our mandatory build MI, the Bloodbriar’s Thorn - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database , it’s time to respec our FW and its nodes points to blitz and blindside, max them out and put remaining points on cadence, fighting form and deadly momentum. Eventually you will find another important MI near Homestead, the Fleshwarped Casque - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database they drop from aetherial soldiers near this area (you can find a lot on port valbury and conflagration, and you can shop this helm on port valbury’s shop too, but it’s not necessary doing this now). After you get it, put 1 point on war cry and 1 point on break morale. On devotions, complete the bear, wraith and start lizard.

********************* Beware with reflecting mobs, you will see your life going down drastically fast because of the reflected internal trauma from Blitz, when that happens use mirror of ereoctes and potions, aside from running away and not using blitz while their reflect aura is active! (don’t worry, we"ll fix this later on endgame, with double titan plating component on armor)

Lvl 40-50 Battlemage, Level 50 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

After defeating the loghorrean, stop by Vinelton’s shop on ancient grove in ugdenbog to shop another precious MI for our build, the Bargoll's Root - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (look for increased attack speed % affixes) and do not I REPEAT DO NOT ALLY WITH BARROLHOLM (remember i said i couldn’t fight the ravager?) because the easiest way to get another precious MI for this build is in the Forlorn Cellar Grim Dawn World Map and this area is available only if you don’t side with them. On skills, max out decorated soldier and put 1 point on field command, start maxing out squad tactics. Complete soldier’s mastery bar and max out Oleron’s Rage(i chose to level the char using it because its faster and you shouldn’t be in dangerous situations so soon) On devotions, complete lizard, sailor’s guide and start tree of life.

Lvl 50-60 Battlemage, Level 60 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I started elite at lvl 52-53. Upgrade your gear, cap resistances, max out Oleron’s Rage and complete Tree of life, Light of empyrion and Vire’s the stone Matron on devotions. Activate all totems you can on the way.

Lvl 60-70 Battlemage, Level 70 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Max out squad tactics, start spending points on overload and inner focus. Upgrade you rweapon and shield! Don’t forget to buy faction booster to speed up the reputation gain! activate all totems, at this point you should be able to craft a very good relic for this build, the Blueprint: Relic - Juggernaut - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database.

Lvl 70-80 Battlemage, Level 80 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I started ultimate at level 78-79… Spend points in War Cry, Break Morale and Deadly Momentum. Upgrade gear, cap resistances, activate totems and rush to get revered with the factions.

Lvl 90 Battlemage, Level 90 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

At lvl 88 i was finishing the AoM DLC. Bought some potions of clarity when i got revered with malmouth resistance faction to speed up our leveling. Started the FG DLC. When you reach LVL 90, buy Malmouth Vanguard Cuirass - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Malmouth Vanguard Pauldrons - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database. Until you get stoneplate greaves and plagueguard grips blueprints, you can use Elite Legion Greaves - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Elite Harvest Grips - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database.
When you reach LVL 94, it’s time to farm our endgame gear. Farm the guardian of dreeg near devil’s crossing for your pants, the Dreeg-Sect Legguards - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (look for phys damage affixes). You know where to farm your amulet and medal MI’s. Farm warden Krieg for your endgame shield (look for phys resist affixes like durable, keeper’s, immovable, impassable, etc…)
Your belt and weapon can be shopped on vinelton (reset his shop until you find good affixes), your helm can be shopped on port valbury’s dungeon shop (reset until you find a very good one) buy your rings on coven’s faction shop.

Respec your points from Oleron’s Rage to Menhir’s Bulwark.

Char LVL 100 spec

With this budget setup you can farm all skeleton keys dungeons, totems and bosses. I even decided to not use waystones on SR and this juggernaut climbed all the way up like a breeze, make good use of nullification, beware just with not standing too much on ground AoE damage of some mobs or bosses/nemesis and remember… it’s not a shame using potions and mirror of ereoctes :rofl:

I farmed SR65-65 until i got some legendary gear for our endgame spec:

ENDGAME BUILD

This spec can deal with all celestials.You can totally choose Oleron’s Rage than Menhir’s Bulwark and changing the rings for 1 mythical black matriarch and 1 mythical combustion band, plus changing the amulet to a shambler’s heart and changing the relic to deathstalker to increase the damage output, but in this case, i prefered the survivabilty.

Here are some video proof:

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x Theodin Marcell

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x Korvaak

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x Morgoneth

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x Mad Queen

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x Kra’Vall

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x SR25

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x SR50

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- Beginner physical battlemage x SR65

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- endgame spec x Mogdrogen

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- endgame spec x Callagadra

(1.2.0.3) [HC] THE REAL JUGGERNAUT- endgame spec x Crate of Entertainment

Thank you all for reading! Feel free to ask or comment

6 Likes

Impressive build, prob better even to not fight with ‘Nullification’ superboss anyway… when I see hardcore and 65 u already have something big going on which many of us couldn’t do. :100: :partying_face:

1 Like

Ty! Yeah, nullification can be very useful on SR and another situations but bot on bosses :rofl: appreciate your reply ty vm

Thanks for the guide. Just a minor thing - I wish the fights with the final spec against superbosses didn’t have Beginner in their YT titles because it’s confusing / not clear whether you fight with an endgame spec or a beginner spec.

When you scroll through the thread, it’s hard to see where final spec starts because everything starts with Beginner. And there’s no visual separation between beginner and endgame builds.

“Beginner physical battlemage x Crate of Entertainment (final spec)” ← this is also confusing, I’d just write Physical Battle Mage without Beginner there or sth like that. Or Endgame physical battlemage.

See this - it looks as if it were a beginner variant here (only small final spec suggests otherwise)

Final spec of a beginner build might also mean that it’s still a beginner build but in it’s ultimate form, with all target farmable gear acquired etc.

1 Like

Hi! Ty for the reply! You’re right, i agree! Gonna make some changes soon

1 Like

Great build and thanks for sharing! I will use it for my 1st ever HC char :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you say this is good for transitioning into Spellscourage BM?

1 Like

Absolutely