[1.2.0.3] Melee physical Sentinel - Callagadra naked < 3 mins

Hi all,

I would like to share my build for a melee physical Sentinel. I haven’t seen such a character around, so I try to build one. Let me explain the idea: In my opinion, what makes melee physical builds strong is the Crimson Claws gloves, with 9% atk dmg convert to health, + atk speed and physical damage. So I try to build physical melee characters around this.

Why Sentinel? We have -% physical res from Oathkeeper, and -% physical res from Occultist, which can give us up to -50% physical res without gearing. Furthermore, Assassin’s mark gives us -32%. So, without any item, we already have -82% physical res. For survivability, we have +% armor, healing increased, hp, shield block chance, and + % shield damage block from Oathkeeper, +% physical resist and healing from Occultist. There are two problems though: low OA and cc resists, but these can be solved by items. With high OA, you can crit, and Divine Mandate can further increase the crit damage (35% at 12/12).

For gears, I use Rah’zin’s amulet for -10% physical res, DeathStalker relic for further -8%, Ravager’s DreadGaze for another -8%, and Black Matriarch ring for -10%. In total, we will get -125% physical resist. To make the synergy even better, you can use the Gladiator’s Distinction to convert all vitality dmg to physical dmg. Other parts are optional, but you may want some more OA, physical resist and cc resists.

With my gears set up, I have 80% physical resist with permanent buffs and I can kill Callagadra < 3 mins naked. Here is the build, and pics are gears and stats with permanent buffs. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!

Sentinel_items
Sentinel_stats1
sentinel_stats2
sentinel_stats3

4 Likes

Nice build! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like