[1.2.0.3] Rare/rare rate for Creeping Ring lower than other MIs?

Not sure if this is actually a bug or not, but I’m curious so I thought I’d bring it up here.

I’ve been digging around in the game database files. I notice that most loot tables for green MIs have similar weights for prefix rarity:

bothPrefixSuffix,7400,
normalPrefixRareSuffix,1200,
rarePrefixNormalSuffix,1200,
rareBothPrefixSuffix,200,

For example, Living Ring and Vine Ring both have these weights.

However, I noticed that the Creeping Ring is an exception – the only exception I’ve found so far (except Nemesis items). The weights in database/records/items/loottables/gearaccessories/tdyn_ring_b201_livingplant.dbr are

bothPrefixSuffix,7580,
normalPrefixRareSuffix,1200,
rarePrefixNormalSuffix,1200,
rareBothPrefixSuffix,20,

It’s notable that the rare/rare weight is a typo of the typical weight – just missing a 0 – and the excess weight to sum to 10000 is distributed into what I’d imagine is the “default” bucket. That makes me wonder if this is maybe unintended?

The result is that rare/rare Creeping Rings are nearly impossible to find. Hard for me to imagine a rationale for making them an order of magnitude rarer than Living & Vine rings.

Is this a bug?

If the bar is 10000 points, then in both cases (as you presented), all values sum up to that exact score. In the second case, there’s 7580 instead of 7400 to go along with that 20 instead of 200 for the bar value. Therefore, it’s obvious this is not a bug, and it’s intended.

Can you check about Gollus ring, me and my friend farm it a lot and somehow the prefix biased to elemental dmg, such as Tempest or Thunderstruck.

It is a leftover value from a pre-buff era.

It correctly has neutral affix weights, not Elemental leaning.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.