[1.2.0.3] The Flames of Justice: Quad-Conversion Dual-Wield Fire Strike Saboteur, SR75+, Lokarr

[1.2.0.3] The Flames of Justice: Quad-Conversion Dual-Wield Fire Strike Saboteur, SR75+, Lokarr
MonkeyWrench
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWd065Z

Introduction:
As the title says, this is a Dual Wield Fire Strike Saboteur that converts four damage types into fire.
The build uses the Justice Set for it’s competent melee capabilities.
This build can do Lokkar, maybe Mogdrogen (I’ve gotten him down to around 25% before I messed up).
Haven’t tried the others. Feel free to try tho, I don’t have the patience.
If you can beat them or go higher on SR, I’d be interested to know :wink:
Also if you have any suggestions for changes feel free.

Pros of this build:

• Lots of damage
  • Fairly Tanky
  • Moderately Speedy with Shadow Strike
  • Can Level without using a different skill setup
  • Final build uses only 1 green
  • -85% to enemies’ fire resistance
  • Not reliant on criticals
    Cons:
  • Brain-dead game play style (you just whack stuff)
  • OA/Health could be better
  • Crafting the conduit and relic with the right mods is a pain

Game play:
Lay down thermite mines on top of enemies, shadow strike to proc a meteor shower, then whack them.
For tougher fights, debuff with Upon Rylok Wings and use Pnumatic Burst to heal.

Gear Explanation:
Justice Set:
All around good stats for melee, set bonus gives a nice speed boost
Alladrah’s Spellblade:
Converts all the physical and lightning damage to Fire
Warpfire:
Converts up to 40% cold Damage to fire, also does -15% fire resist on critical attacks
Band of Eternal Pyre:
Converts up to 30% of your cold damage to fire
+2 to three of your damage skills
Cinderplate Girdle:
Converts up to 60% of your piercing damage to fire
Golemborn Greaves:
Gives bonuses to your defensive skills and has a great proc
Conduit of Night Whispers:
Gives much needed health
-15% enemy fire resist to Veil of Shadows
Poison/Acid or Aether Resist not a must, but helps a bit
Korvaak’s Brand:
Great all around medal for fire strike chars, even better with the integer lightning damage being converted
Solael-Sect Legguards:
Good mods are OA, health, resists
“Devastating/of Attack” are probably the best if you can get
Salvation:
Good all around defensive boosts, aim for %health completion bonus

Devotions:
Pretty standard stuff here. Might seem a little weird getting Yugol, the skill is pretty useful both offensively and defensively
Not very complicated getting them, just take points out of crossroads when you need them back.
Viper, Jackal, Fox,
Solael’s Witchblade (Bind to Thermite Mine)
Raven
Magi (Bind to Fire Strike)
Empty Throne
Chariot of the Dead (Bind to Flame Touched)
Hawk
Ulzuin’s Torch (6 nodes, Bind to Shadow Strike)
Yugol (5 nodes, Bind to Pnumatic Burst)
Toad (3 nodes)

Skills:
The build calculator is pretty straight forward.
Probably best to max Dual Blades and Fire Strike, then go for some of the defensive ones.

Leveling:
Many of the items in the final build have lower level versions, use them if you have them!
Kilrian’s Skullbreaker is also a great weapon all the way to 94.

2 Likes

Hi, looks like a nice build idea, very glad you posted it :slight_smile: !

I have a few suggestions for it:

1. Warpfire looks like an ok weapon an first glance but it has big issues if used for fire melee. for one its aether base dmg, which you dont convert so its not that good, second it has no attackspeed which for fire strike bases builds isnt rly good.
  2. you dont have / i dont see any flat resistance reduction in your build. always get 1 source of that (Revenant, Manticore, Scales of Ulcama etc.)
  3. For an auto attack based build, you dont have enough attackspeed. This is a huge dps loss try capping it at 200% or up until your burning justice prock caps your speed
  4. the amount of flat cold damage you have does not rly justify investing so heavily into cold → fire conversion
  5. on DW nightblade always try and reach 100 % weapon pools skill (seal of void can help here)
  6. Blast shield at atleast 5 points is a must on demo, its a very potent circuit breaker and either flashbang / ring of steal + circle of slaughter is also highly recommended for the fumble / impared aim of enemies, basically giving you another layer of defense.
  7. some skills like pneumatic burst / shadow dance get really inefficient after you softcap them try to go up to that but not further.

I have Redone some items / skillpoints / devotions as i would personally do it, feel free to take inspiration :slight_smile:

Overall solid build and as far as i can see your first? good job!

Ty for the suggestions! I’ve played a few more builds since this and have learned a few more things like how useful flashbang can be, so that’s definitely an oversight. I totally missed that Light of Empyrion had reduced target’s damage too, that’s why i had Yugol. In my original devotions, you can get Elemental Storm instead of points in Toad too, i was a little unsure of that. As for the rest, I was trying to make a build that wasn’t too reliant on crits or farming greens for OA bonuses. It’s really nice to have enough OA right out of the box and not have to farm for it! I went with the Band of Eternal Pyres since they are also useful for being able to use other augments/components without losing too much damage, like the Seals of Resonance and the weapon augments. Although the other changes seem to make it ok anyway. I haven’t played this guy in awhile, (I pretty much start a new char whenever im done with the last one) but I’ll probably go back and try your changes at some point.

1 Like