[1.2.0.3] Undead/Chthonics Hunter | 2h Physical Melee | Cr 170, SR 75

GrimTools: Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

For fun, I’ve been coming up with ‘Monster Hunters’ - Builds that have a specific monster racial damage focus. The overall considerations are: I want to get a good amount of racial damage bonus, and use damage types that nemeses of that race have low resistances to. This is a hunter of Undead that brings 32% total damage to undead, or 78% total damage vs undead when Smite procs. :smiley: While this build was intended to be an ‘undead hunter’, it has the same racial damage bonuses vs Chthonics. The total damage to Undead stacks with the +18% total damage modifier from Might of the Bear.

It’s really fun looking out for undead enemies on the battlefield knowing that your damage is about to potentially spike. The highest crit recorded so far is ~1,470,000 damage. I believe in ideal circumstances it can get higher. The build probably lacks a bit of OA which would allow it to crit more often (and especially versing Nemeses). But the overall damage output is still quite great.

Crucible 150-170 in ~6 mins

Smite has a nice wide 140 degree arc, Feral Hunger has a nice lovely 270 degree arc, and of course if Upheaval procs, it just hits everything in a 4 meter radius. With low DA (2,500), very limited sources of damage absorption and even only mid-low physical resistance and low armour, the build is quite squishy. It’s main saving grace is it’s incredible capacity to heal due to decent lifesteal and massive attacks, and a decent HP pool.

In this case of this build, ‘a good defense is a strong offence’ definitely rings true in a very ‘kill them before they kill you’ sort of way. So the build is prone to spike damage, but it typically heals back whatever damage it takes very quickly

If you’re looking for a fun themed build to play, give it a whirl, gurl!

Enjoy~

1 Like