[1.2.0.5] Bone Lance Battlemage #UnlimitedBladeworks (SR90)

Intro

Simple build concept, I wanted to see if I could make an Archer Lancer… er a Bone Lancer do well and stuff. It went pretty alright.

GRIMTOOLS 1.2.0.5

Stats

without procs

Gameplay

As a caster/pianomancer build, I highly recommend using something like Autohotkey so War Cry automatically triggers Olexa Flash Freeze and Doomforce triggers Callidor’s Tempest (if used).

Generally this build facetanks very well up to about SR85 so you don’t need to worry too much about tactics, evasion, and kiting with Bone Lance unless challenging super bosses. Extra mouse buttons work well here.

Discussion of Strengths/Weaknesses

Strengths

• Generally tough = Over 4K OA (Fighting Spirit), Over 3.4K DA at 75% HP (Arcane Will), Over 4.5K Armor (Ulzaad’s Decree), 1K Natural Regen
  • Physical Damage - you want what seems like a ridiculous amount of it to make Bone Lance end-game viable. The nice thing is that it’s possible to get 100% conversion to physical in Aether, Elemental, and even Vitality damage making various procs and skills/spells synergisticly interesting.
  • Physical Damage regularly boosts over 4K% yielding up to +790% PhysDmg at 75% HP and +970% PhysDmg at 50% HP with my current skill distribution.
  • Max -133% Physical Resist Reduction
  • Decent %crit up to 52% to take advantage of high OA (88% with Bone Lance)
  • Full Vitality conversion allows use of Wendigo’s Mark Devotion for massive DOT healing from enemy packs when bound to War Cry
  • Only 1 Green item necessary (discussed further in Gear section)
  • Multiple circuit breakers

Weaknesses

• Single target damage at super boss level is mediocre
  • Wendigo’s Mark and Maul devotions with high Attack Damage converted to health sometimes fail to heal on some enemies
  • High utilization of (spamming) skills will eventually run low on mana which is mitigated by chugging mana potion(s)
  • Gear selection leaves massive deficit in Poison Resist annoyingly requiring 5 Venomguard Powders
Gear

Just some notes on a few potential gear substitutions:

HAT
If you want to avoid trying to acquire a double-green Fleshwarped Casque, there are a few other good options that provide different (caster) synergies; however resists will be impacted.

• Ravager’s Dreadgaze provides an overall power boost with +1 to all skills and lifesteal to make Bone Lance somewhat more viable at sustaining health
  • Outcast’s Secret provides very nice proc given the physical damage conversion and gives more reason for player to lean into Devastation
  • Krieg’s Mask completes the set for so you can replace Callendor’s with Krieg’s Wrath triggered with Doomforce freeing up another 3+ skill points. Also -1 sec to War Cry help offset -3 sec hole gained on Casque.

RING

Clears
John Bourbon Clones Facetanked no problems - 2m5s

Avatar of Mogdrogen I didn't time or screenshot it, sorry. His summons serve as Wendigo Mark fodder making this a pretty easy encounter.
Lokarr Facetank - 30s

Ravager of Minds Should've chosen Ravager of Flesh... margin of error is too slim when kiting. I probably won't clear him with this build. :frowning:
Callagadra Took a while before I figured out the bastard was healing off of random mob encounters. This encounter requires some frantic kiting at boss 50% HP, and I ended up switching Relic to Deathstalker so I could have some additional engagement while running away. Still, a respectable 9m15s clear (after copious amounts of deaths figuring this out for first time).

Crate of Entertainment TBA
Shattered Realm SR 90 capable. Can probably push a little higher, but tedium mounts. Had a few deaths coming from SR86 bosses and up. After SR85, there is some need to start paying attention to boss mechanics and evading, kiting, using Mirror, and even started sipping a few potions doesn't hurt.

Summary - I don’t think we’re approaching top 20 here, but this Battlemage Bone Lancer build isn’t all that bad. That said, I wouldn’t complain if devs converted Pierce Damage on Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five to Physical/Aether and/or increased the weapon damage at some point :crate:

3 Likes

3x double rare seems kinda rough, but nice concept

Thanks!

For sure, Gear section details a few alternatives to bring that down to 1 double-green without too much impact. The double-green Fleshwarped Casque is pretty nice for this build though.