[1.2.0.5] - Fire Stalker - DW Melee / Pets Hybrid build - 700k+ pet crits - Cr 170, SR 76

Image generated by DALL-E

GrimTools: Pyromancer, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Edit: Whoops! I uploaded the wrong GrimTools initially - Please find correct link above!

Description

This is a dual wield melee hybrid build, who can leap into the fray to attack alongside his pets. Player crits are between 50k-150k per sword (so potential ~100k-300k crits per attack), with 3.21 attacks per second with all buffs up. While the player’s damage isn’t mindblowing by any means on it’s own, the damage from the build is still significant enough as complementary damage to that of the pets.

Nature’s Guardians helps to protect the player in two ways. Firstly, the % damage absorption (combined with Ulzuin’s Wrath’s damage reduction to enemies) significantly reduces incoming damage to the player. Secondly, giving all of the pets taunt on hit means that most of the aggro is taken off the player, allowing them to continue to attack enemies without needing to break away to heal as often.

Burning Void from the Seal of the Void weapon components is a fantastic melee attack for taking out groups of enemies. It can hit three enemies. If it does, each enemy hit has a 3 meter wide damaging attack proc on them. If the enemies are grouped up, then they can each take the damage from their own proc AND from the neighbouring procs of the enemies next to them, allowing it to do up to potentially 3 times the damage to all nearby enemies. :smiley:

Crucible 160-170 Video

While this build is unlikely to deal as much damage as a pure pet build or a pure dps build, if you’re the sort of player who enjoys something different or is interested in fighting alongside your pets, give this one a spin!

It’s worth noting - The most important green item’s suffix to get is the one with attack damage converted to health on one of the three items. All of the other suffixes/prefixes are good if they boost the pets in some way. You may need to adjust the components/augs of the build based on the prefixes/suffixes for pet resistances.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Nice concept, always cool to see new builds posted!

Not seeing this in build calc though…

Whoops! I put the wrong link up there! I’ve just updated the link the original post. Ty for that!