[1.2.0.5] - Monk - Unarmed Striker - SR 75 Cr 150

Image from DALL-E

For the lolz I made another unarmed build :smiley: This is a physical damage brawler, capable of critting for up to ~160k, and gets up to about 100k trauma dot damage.

For an unarmed build, getting up to 16k weapon damage is quite decent. It has about ~120% RR, which is also decent. The suffixes and prefixes on the helmet are unimportant, but ideally boost physical damage or balance your resists.

Cadence is your primary attack, with a nicely buffed Zolhan’s Technique and Markovian’s Advantage for chance to deal 265% weapon damage and 222% weapon damage respectively between cadence procs. To help clear crowds a little faster, close-area AOE damage comes from Cadence being able to hit 7 targets at once, Blind Fury lashing out in a 6 meter radius and Maul lashing out in a 4.5 meter radius. War Cry also has a nice 50% weapon damage on it for a bit of mild AOE damage.

Healing comes from 14% lifesteal, Maul which heals for 35% of the damage per enemy (quite good when you’re close to the crowds), Blood of Dreeg and Menhir’s Bastion.

Menhir’s Bastion is very helpful, providing a nice 20% damage absorption buff, a small heal and a nice flat physical damage boost for it’s 8 second duration. With War Cry’s damage debuff to enemies, 40% phys res and the 20% damage absorption buff, this build has temporary tankiness.

With all buffs up, it has 3165 OA and can debuff enemy DA by 170 with Upon Rylok Wings, so it crits fairly often. :smiley:

Here’s a video of Crucible 100-110

Enjoy~

7 Likes

Made me remember the golden days of playing Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX. Monk was one of the most overpowered early job you could unlock :grinning:

1 Like

Hello, I have a question, is it mandatory to leave the character without weapons?

Hi! Not at all, the character would be much more powerful with weapons. But I wanted to see if I could make a character without weapons just for fun :slight_smile:

What weapons do you recommend for the build?

Ah, again, the point of this build was to explore a build concept of unarmed fighting (which is not typically used in the game). But if you wanted to include a weapon to it, something like the Mythical Leviathan would go well with this build:

Not about the build (tho I feel tempted to try).

Finally looked up DALL-E. Damn, AI text—>graphics.

So the pics with your builds: all your own work just from text desc? If so, impressive beyond words.

Yep! Lately I’ve been using an AI image generator - DALL-E is one of many. The technology is very impressive, but there are ethical concerns around its use - The data sets it is trained on in order to produce good looking art and images, is the art and images of real life artists - many of which were used without the artists permissions. In short, much of the training data is likely stolen.

As such, I don’t mind using DALL-E art here for some Grim Dawn forum posts, but if I needed to use something professional quality, I’d still probably want to go to a person rather than an AI for now.

Yeah, been reading how these AI apps are trained on copyrigted stuiff and the situation’s a big mess. Not likely to change anytime soon.

Still, that’s a damn good job using just description to create those pics. WIll be looking for more.

1 Like