[1.2.0.5] - Quickdraw - DW Pistols - ~510% Weapon Damage Zolhan's Shots - SR 76, Cr 170

Image by DALL-E

GrimTools: Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

A dual-pistols desperado, this build is based around Zolhan’s Technique when I realised just how much weapon damage could be stacked onto it. The build has exactly 100% chance to proc WPS between Zolhan’s Technique, Markovian’s Advantage, Smite and Volley. I could put more points into Smite but I wanted to keep the full 30% chance and 28% chance of procing Zolhan’s and Markovian’s respectively.

While the grimtools shows this build using the best equipped greens ever, they do help with the damage significantly of course, but the specific affixes/suffixes are not required for the build to do good damage. Anything physical damage oriented is great. Same with the helmet.

The Core Concept

The build sports a tonne of weapon damage on most attacks. With Righteous Fervor having an additional 178% * 1.15 for the 9 charge levels equalling at ~205% weapon damage as a base to work with (please let me know if I’ve calculated that wrong). With that underpinning the attacks, we have this much combined weapon damage for each attack:

• Zolhan’s Technique: ~510% weapon damage (205% + 305%)
  • Markovian’s Advantage: ~425% weapon damage (205% + 220%)
  • Smite: ~336% Weapon Damage (205% + 130%)
  • Volley: ~275% weapon damage (205% + 70%) each shot. I think there are 2 shots in Volley? If that’s true, then that would make it ~550% weapon damage total for the attack

With Zolhan’s and Markovian’s alone, the build has a 58% chance of dealing Cadence-like damage, but with the added bonus that both weapons contribute to the damage (Cadence only deals damage with your main hand weapon, even when dual-wielding). If Volley behaves the way that I think it does (firing two shots), then that’s an 83% chance of dealing cadence-like weapon damage each attack. Volley, Smite and Zolhan’s Technique all allow projectiles to pass through the enemy, so it’s easy to deal a lot of damage to crowds if your positioning is good. This also means that picking off pesky heals who are hidden amongst the trash becomes quite easy to do.

Strengths and Limitations: Crucible 140-150 with Death

Even with crucibl buffs, the build is susceptible to spike damage due to its lack of phys resist, low DA, and not enough HP or other defensive stats to compensate. You can see this toward the end of the video where ol’ mate Iron Maiden slams poor Quickdraw to the ground pretty sturdily. I believe it hit for 10k damage or so. :stuck_out_tongue: Until that point, however, it clears the 10 waves very quickly.

SR 75 - Clear Run

The maximum damage recorded on the build is 835k or so. I believe this would be from one buillet and not the combined from two, so the potential max damage that it may be capable of per shot is around the 1.7m mark, although this has a low probability. More often you’ll see crits around the 400-500k mark. In addition to the rapid, heavy-hitting crits, this build gets up to ~300k trauma dot damage per second.

As enemies draw near, they get blasted with Maul, reducing their armour and providing additional AOE healing to the build, and Blind Fury for additional weapon and DOT damage in a 6m area. This is particularly effective because it means that as enemies get closer to you, they die faster, limiting the amount of damage they can do to you.

It sure is nice when even the non-crits are hitting for ~350,900 damage.

The build is fast and fun, if not a little squishy in some fights. If you like light-on-their-feet gunplay with a build that packs a punch, give Quickdraw a whirl. And remember, don’t worry about the green suffixes and affixes.

Enjoy~

3 Likes

Hi!

I’m not sure if the calculation you took is right.

For what I was thinking calculation for ZT should look like (1.78*3.05) *1.15

But if anyone can confirm would be great :wink:

Very nice build either way!

1 Like

without checking actual numbers, yes, (AA weapon dmg * WPS weapon dmg)*AA charge multiplier

2 Likes

Wait. So you and @Bananow9393 are saying that in this case it’s:

Righteous Fervor's weapon damage MULTIPLIED by the WPS weapon damage, and then multiplied by the charge multiplier

And not:

(Righteous Fervor weapon dmg + WPS weapon dmg) * charge multiplier

… In which case it deals considerably more weapon damage than I calculated?

yes, the way i understand AA and wps scaling atleast
*same reason how chill rounds/acq actually ends up dealing less than base AA dmg “per hit” until you get enough points (not factoring in the multi strikes ofc)

Oooh interesting! So all of those shotgun attacks have potential to deal significantly less weapon damage per hit, butof course have many projectiles… which would even it out. But at the same time, some of those shotgun attacks deal such massive damage… I suppose I"m thinking of those ranged retaliation builds that use Righteous Fervor + Storm Spread or something. But in those instances I guess there’s nothing diminishing the retaliation damage on the storm spread projectiles, so it gets the full Righteous Fervor ret damage per projectile? My only reason for thinking this is that those sorts of builds/attacks deal massive damage…

yes, the rata is unmodified by WD so only projectile count matters. Part of the reason why jaxxon rings got nerf :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I see. And this also starts to make sense as to why even adding 5% weapon damage to Storm Spread or 15% weapon damage to Chilling Rounds from various items makes a significant difference to the damage…

yes,
another thing with shotgun type wps like storm spread (not chillrounds=volley) is you get the double listed amount of projectiles regardless of dualwielding or 1h or 2h. That’s also why jaxxons were so good on rata pew pew because you got 8 bullets despite having a shield on

Hm, are you sure? I thought it was the shotgun projectile count per weapon per hand, where a 2h weapon counts as a weapon in each hand… so dual pistols = 8 shots, 2h ranged = 8 shots, 1 pistol and offhand or shield = 4 shots… No ? (where 8 shots is arbitrarily double ‘4’ ofc)

nope, fixed double

1 Like