[1.2.0.5] Rate my HC Death Knight!

Hello Forums! In honor of reaching 100 on a HC character for the first time, I thought I’d post here and ask folks to rate my build :slight_smile: I’m about 3/4 of the way through the base game, and my goal is to finish both expansions before prepping for Fangs.

Current build: Death Knight, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Untitled

Theory build: Death Knight, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

This is a homebrew, self-found vitality damage Death Knight. I’d love feedback on better choices for skills, devotions, items, etc. Some notes:

General Performance

• Haven’t had any trouble with Ultimate so far, but the hardest thing I’ve done is Path of the Three. A little nervous about my first encounter with a Nemesis
  • Respectable damage output, both solo and groups (>100k paper DPS with buffs up, reliable resist shredding from Spectral Wrath, Terrify, Will of Rattosh)
  • Relies heavily on drain tanking, but I feel like there’s a decent backstop of health, DA, resistances, and circuit breakers (Menhir’s Will, eventually Divine Light) to keep me from getting one-shot

Skills & Devotions

• Primary damage skills are Reaping Arc and Bone Harvest
  • Skipped all the WPS, since Reaping Arc can’t proc them
  • I mostly use Mark of Torment as a defensive tool if I’m taking heavy damage from DoTs
  • I considered a Skeletons version to take full advantage of the bonuses on the scythe, but ultimately decided against it
  • Aimed for a balance of offensive and defensive constellations, pretty happy with where I landed

Gear

• I saw a lot of folks using Mythical Wildblood Crusher on vitality builds for the raw DPS, but I think the Guardian of Death’s Gates is better for because of the bonus to skills. Any feedback?
  • Really Great Pants are a moonshot. I’d honestly be pretty happy keeping the Mythical Wendigomane Leggings
  • I need a better skill roll on my relic, but farming 15 Wendigo Spirits for each craft is a pain in the ass
  • The build is all purples because I find them easier to think about, but are there are top-tier greens I should think about farming for?

Components & Augments

• I tried to overcap my resistances while still squeezing in some damage here and there (Kilrian’s on the chest, Annihilation on the amulet). Happily accepting recommendations for more efficient ways to overcap
  • Seal of Might is purely for the defensive aura
  • I know that Potent Ravager’s Harvest is probably better than Potent Coven’s Bane, but I’m hostile with Barrowholm for story reasons and so I can farm Namadea/Reaper of the Lost for spirits
  • I have no idea what Glyph to put on my medal. Recommendations?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to hearing what I could do better :slight_smile: