[1.2.0.5] The Vigil's Bane - Voidsoul Vit Aegis of Menhir Spammer Sentinel - Naked Crucible, SR75-91, Cally/Ravager+

So, credit/blame goes to banana peel’s Chaos Aegis build in the Top 20 for inspiring this, because I looked at the build and went “wait, would this work if I shifted it to vitality?” and after some spit n polish from mardoman over on Grim Dawn’s community discord, plus some vital playtesting, an utter monster was born.

Also credit goes to mad lee for some vital feedback, even if I didn’t take it fully :stuck_out_tongue:

The Build:

• Uses The Voidsoul set as it’s base to make AoM hit hard.
  • And uses conversion from Lunal’Valgoth’s Waistguard and Valguur’s Touch gloves to covert about 70-80% on average of chaos damage to vitality. Although there’s a chunk of chaos that can’t be converted.
  • And with the spam AoM Conduit + Ugdenbog Repeater we can now throw AoM every 0.5 seconds, but usually more regularly due it hitting 5 targets with a 22% chance of 100% cooldown every hit.
  • Which means you can keep throwing it after nearly every throw.
  • No double rares or Kaisan amulets, so this time I don’t need to recommend GD Stashing anything.
  • Sheet DPS of up to 480K with main buffs active
  • And the damage breakdown
  • Affixes can be varied, originally I went with freeze and stun resists to get them up to 80%, but “of Readiness” is definitely need as the suffix as that’s where this build’s OA/DA come from.
  • Oh and the next patch wont screw this up at the moment…
  • Lastly, don’t sweat getting the same DA/OA, resists are more important, because they’re harder to cover properly.

SR 90-91 Version

Swaps damage and attack damage converted to health for more crowd control resists, can swap boots to one with a protective proc if you want more safety. Does require a hoarfrost though unless you have a spare myth. Cursebearer you can put a Frozen Heart on to swap with the equipped one.

Now you can do SR90-91 without these changes, it just requires very good piloting and threat response. Mainly because this build doesn’t have the health regen to mitigate all the DoT’s in SR90-91, but the pots needed to clear it are pretty damn cheap. Only acid, freeze resist pots + health regen ointment are needed. Though fire, lightning, cold and vitality may also help give you more breathing room.

mardoman’s Super Boss Slayer Version

Sub 18 Second Crate Kill

Zantai’s going to hit this build with the nerf hammer lawl. See mardoman’s channel for more humiliation of the so called “Super Bosses”.

SR75-76 via mardoman:

SR85-86 - Semi-Gumby Run:

It’s a semi-gumby run due to zopiclone side effects lawl. Used freeze pots too due to double Moo’s in the boss room.

SR90-91 - SR90+ Version - Insomnia Run

Was semi-awake from 5am NZ time. So this is the best I could do :upside_down_face:

Naked Crucible With Extra Spawn via mardoman:

Potless Crucible +Extra Spawn +Buffs via mardoman

Crate of Entertainment via mardoman

Naked Callagadra via mardoman

Naked Ravager of Flesh via mardoman

I really need to learn how to hide this stuff lawl. Anyhow, what was a solid performer has now turned into a monster as you can see.

Levelling
You can use a standard sentinel guide for the most part, as this is an end game build and can’t be put together until level 94 due to the gear required.

Devotions
I assume you know the basics here:

• Go for Bat first, then Turtle.
  • Go Toad next and fill Jackal
  • Get Hydra and then grab Revenant
  • Grab Spider, Lion and leave 1 point in yellow in Crossroads
  • Get Rattosh and Hawk
  • Now you can get Abomination and 2 points in Ulzuin’s Torch for Chaos resist and the 5% OA boost.
  • Bind the devotion procs as you see fit levelling up.

Coda
Oh for a cheat sheet on how to format text lawl. Anyhow as per usual big thanks to Crate for making such an awesome game, banana peel for having the mad idea to use the spamulet in the first place and mardoman for polishing this, but more importantly, getting the footage my crap brain wont let me get. Because severe untreated ADHD is a royal pain-in-the-rear, as all my un-posted tester builds show lawl.

And yes, I did GD Stash my way into this too :stuck_out_tongue: Because farming the same leads to ADHD induced boredom and my autism isn’t stronk enough to hyperfocus my way though. So thanks Mamba too for GD Stash.

5 Likes

/reservabirbed

And yes there is a story behind that name, but a) I need dinner, b) multiple vids = bloody long post and c) it’s sibling isn’t finished yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Impressive Crate kill :o

1 Like

Seems really good! Is this build a contender for the “Most Amount of Item Skill Modifiers Affixed” award??

PS: I wish you people would run DPYes on your vids so I can get a better idea of how much my builds suck in comparison! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

muh dps meter…

1 Like

Did SR90-91 with a version using some old gear for more crowd control resists, slightly slower, but it works if you chug a hoarfrost + health regen pot. Currently waiting on youtube to finish processing.

Will try to get around to formatting the main post to be fancy today too, but got a pot of chilli to make + had utterly crap sleep so might not manage it today. As brain currently thinks bed time = nap time, so I keep waking up after 4hrs and then can only doze :upside_down_face:

/BUMP

mardoman worked further magic shaving significant time off kills with a change of medals + some pots, so I fear the nerf hammer that will come from this.

For the spamulet is too stronk.

May Crate have mercy on us, for Zantai wont lawl.

Really mpressive! Gz!

1 Like