[1.2.1.0] [Art] Some more missing recolors perhaps?

• Hellfire Mine, from Cyclone Mark or the cold mines Conduit affix;
  • Wind Devil, from Cyclone Mask or Morgoneth’s Visage.

I would also like to mention Shadow Strike and Grasping Vines but those appear to not feature any recolors accompanying 100% damage conversions whatsoever afaik, so maybe it’s intentional.

converts cold, not lightning btw,
would look “odd” if using morgo set for lightnign->cold, devils on cold build and devils were red no?

For Cyclone Mask I would envision something akin to Stormfire from Seal of Destruction or Pyroclasm from Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm, so replacing the base “wind” part to something like Cinderwind while leaving the lightning crackles unchanged would seem fitting, I guess (this is to reflect the physical → fire conversion that currently has no visual depiction whatsoever).

For Morgoneth’s Visage I would simply expect something violet/dark blue, akin to how all other cold+vitality damage sources from that set (theme) are represented.

1 Like

Should Cyclone even have recolor though? Set is blatantly 2-color, the Archon variant runs with blue EOR anyway. Getting both blue and red tornadoes is part of aesthetic appeal IMHO.

i’m sorry if anybody lost braincells over that argumentation

Well, the fire conversion is there and has to be depicted somehow, imo. I for one was very disappointed to not have any new cosmetics there reflecting that conversion at all. Especially since most other fire+lightning skills feature some sort of a visual blend between the two at the very least, if not being fully fire.

A mix of fire/lightning with the sparking flames does look visually pleasing imho.