[1.2.1.0] Baffling Elementalist(no-MI, no-doping, SR75-76, Calagadra 1min 51sec, Ravagar 2min 5sec)

I developed this build of elementalist with the goal of beating all 3 superbosses with no-MI, no-pharma doping, and no-kiting, but unfortunately Mogdrozen can only be defeated by kiting and it takes too much time. For my other no-MI/no-doping 3 superbosses killers(Warder, WarLord, WitchBlade, DeathKnight, Pet Conjurer), see here :
(All my superboss killers are actually better in 1.2.1.0. Only the Warder and Conjurer required minor skill rebalancing. I’ll post the revision next)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-2-1-0-natures-avengers-set-two-handed-warder-all-3-superboss-killer-no-mi-no-pharma-sr-86/135269/40

Also, my hero is not a mage, as the term elementalist implies. He’s a melee character who wields a two-handed club, so his Devotion is a bit odd. The original Devotion was less odd, but due to the mana drain in the fight against Ravager of Flesh, Devotion became a bit odd to deal with it.

And now, I present my Baffling Elementalist
(See my comment for why it’s “Baffling”)

Gear/Skills/Devotion: (22/June/2024, Seoul, South Korea :kr:) https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZr4emL2
Devotion Selection Sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQnCgewf-b0
Here, you can download a copy of the hero :
_Elemental(csk0103).zip (1.8 MB)

snap3
snap4 snap8 snap6

:arrow_down_small: General battle (including Morgoneth, RaShalga, Gargabol, Kra’vall, Lokarr, and others) :

:arrow_forward: vs Calagadra(1min 51sec, no pharma doping) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqFHOQTIthg&t=6s

:arrow_forward: vs Ravagar of Flesh (2min 5sec, no pharma doping) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYH0GGYVc0&t=40s

:arrow_forward: vs SR 75-76 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYt2Ilr1Ms&t=4s

My comment
a) I used my Warder as a model for development of this build. i.e. I tried to take down Calagadra and Ravagar with no pharma doping “with moderate physical resist and strong health regeneration”, but it was a very difficult character. Even with the same physical resist and twice the health regeneration as Warder, I couldn’t beat the superbosses; I needed higher physical resist than a typical soldier-based warrior. I’m sure it’s because of the relatively low DPS and the ridiculously low DA, Even armor absorption is not 100%, it’s 92%.

I have a vague suspicion that the reason Calagadra can be taken down despite my elementalist’s terrible DA, Armor Rating, and Armor Absorption is because of the Searing Light and Wind Devil skills in addition to his high Physical Resist & high health regeneration. Those skills contain a set of so-called evasion subskills. i.e. “25% chance for target to fumble attacks for 5 sec” and “25% chance for impaired Aim to target for 5 sec”, and “42% chance for impaired Aim to target for 3 sec”. However, honestly, I still don’t really understand this Baffling & mysterious elementallist.

b) If I replace the medal with Korvaak’s Brand, my DPS goes up to 195000, but I can’t beat calagadra and Ravagar with no pharma doping. I tried many things with Korvaak’s Brand, but sadly all of them failed.

If you have any improvements to this build, I would be very grateful to hear them in the comments. Also, if someone can use Korvaak’s Brand to make this build even more powerful, I would be very grateful.

5 Likes

patch 1.2.1 no green mafia lives ! image
well done choi :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for congratulating me on my longevity.

I’m celebrating the longevity of my characters. Honestly, with the big changes to physical resist in 1.2.1.0, I thought I’d have trouble with the longevity of my physical resist-based superboss killers, but I’m very happy to report that they’ve gotten stronger.

2 Likes

Rare achievement in the very difficult Elementalist .@@

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: for your compliments. I painstakingly made this build, but it falls a bit short of my expectations. In particular, it falls short of my expectations for Mogdrogen and SR 80+… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Well, it seems the physical damage in SR80+ didn’t get hit as much with the nerf hammer from my handful of runs in deep SR with builds that could and couldn’t handle it in 1.2.0.5 So low armour, PR or DA can lead to squishiness still.

But you managed Cally and Ravager despite the weaknesses so frankly you did fluffing brilliantly.

To: The_Mess

Thanks for your advice.

It seems that there are not many builds of Elementalist. Is it because users find it difficult to develop with Elementalist? Or is it because Elementalist is not powerful enough?
I started from almost ground zero, so this build took a lot of time to develop.

I’ll take your points into account and try to improve it a bit more. I hope many users will participate in the development of the Elementalist build.

1 Like

Oh Ch’thon - dredging up my memories - main issue with Elementalist is usually other combos work better for the 2 main damage types, namely fire and lightning. And then there’s survivability/defence.

Although Elementalists can and have been disgustingly powerful in past patches (Upheaval, Primal Strike melee builds), main issue is usually down to lack of health and DA due to a lack of gear that supports both masteries more effectively. Dragging down their performance in end game stuff.

Also doesn’t help Demo’s lack any WPS’s, which are vital in increasing overall dps output with melee or ranged attacks.

Though take my take with a grain of salt, for a) I haven’t had a coffee yet and b) my memory’s a bit garbage and c) mad_lee will have “opinions” if I don’t put a disclaimer that I’m not an “expert” lol.

Probably not just mad_lee, but almost all players and builders are very busy testing and modifying their characters to make sure they survive this big 1.2.1 patch. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Congrats! Nice one again.

Welcome back Dantioch~, it’s been a while, good to see you.

What kind of builds are you working on these days, just playing?

Druid incoming in a few days. The fact that wind devils became perma summons pushed me to complete a long long due item on my GD bucket list. This elementalist and my druid have a few things in common. :wink:

You seem to like characters with rather flashy skills… I look forward to your work.