[1.2.1.0] Beginner's Fire Gunslinger Purifier

Your guides below average in the Beginner Compendium is this regard. Just check some other ones. Plain white text everywhere without ever using different font sizes and colors makes it a wall of text where everything is hard for eyes to find.

Sometime a little thing can go a long way i.e only 1 enter / new line after the first sentence in the following text makes a huge difference (1 enter automatically makes all points separated with new lines):

Before
  • Once you’ve got Duncan online and you can craft 2 Double-barrel Pistols, switch over to pistols. At level 16, you will have 10 points in the Demolitionist bar, 4 points in Fire Strike, 12 points in Explosive Strike, 1 point in Flame Touched and 1 point in Vindictive Flame. In the Inquistor tree, you’ll have 7 points in the bar, 1 point in Ranged Expertise and 10 points in Bursting Round.
  • Put 1 value point into Deadly Aim and then work towards Word of Renewal. Put 4 points into it for the healing and then work towards 20 points in the bar and take 1 point in Chilling Rounds and Vigor. Chilling Rounds is important as it provides some crowd control by freezing things. It also pierces targets so you can freeze a long line of targets.
  • Inquisitor’s Seal is our next goal, so 5 more points into the bar and then max out Inquisitor’s Seal.
  • Continue progressing the Inquisitor bar to 32 points and put 1 point into Steel Resolve.
  • Take the bar to 40 and put 1 point into Storm Spread and 1 point into Arcane Empowerment. Storm Spread provides us with a cone of lightning when it procs and is great for triggering any damage procs you might have on your gear.
  • Push Inquisitor to 50 points and then max out Aura of Censure. This is one of our sources of resistance shredding, not to mention a free damage aura.
  • Now it’s time to (finally) max out the Firestrike line. Take Firestrike to 12 hard points and progress the bar to 20.
  • You want to juggle skill points (if needed) in Vindictive Flame to keep it at 11/16 total points. Also at this point, take 1 point in Temper and 7 points in Ulzuin’s Wrath for the 69% chance to knockdown targets. Yes, I am a child. If you’re a more mature person, then 10 points will get you a nice round 20% reduced target’s damage number. Boring. Also put 1 point into Static Strike. We’re not doing lightning damage, but a value point is probably worth taking.
  • Next we push the Demolitionist bar to 32 points and max out Thermite Mines. These are another way we have of reducing enemy resistances. Also important here to take 10/12 in Blast Shield. This is the best circuit breaker in the game, and 10 points is a nice cut off where it starts to give you less effect for more points.
  • When you start to feel a bit squishy, put 1 point into Flashbang and 6 points into Searing Light. This will cause monsters you hit with it to miss about 30% of their attacks against you. Feel free to skip this one though, as it is an extra skill to manage and you have to throw it out every 5 seconds. Otherwise, push the Demolitionist bar to 50 points and take Brimstone.
  • From here to 100, put more points into Flame Touched and the Word of Renewal line. Vigor and Steel Resolve are both very strong skills and you should aim to at least soft cap them.
After just 1 Enter
  • Once you’ve got Duncan online and you can craft 2 Double-barrel Pistols, switch over to pistols. At level 16, you will have 10 points in the Demolitionist bar, 4 points in Fire Strike, 12 points in Explosive Strike, 1 point in Flame Touched and 1 point in Vindictive Flame. In the Inquistor tree, you’ll have 7 points in the bar, 1 point in Ranged Expertise and 10 points in Bursting Round.

• Put 1 value point into Deadly Aim and then work towards Word of Renewal. Put 4 points into it for the healing and then work towards 20 points in the bar and take 1 point in Chilling Rounds and Vigor. Chilling Rounds is important as it provides some crowd control by freezing things. It also pierces targets so you can freeze a long line of targets.

• Inquisitor’s Seal is our next goal, so 5 more points into the bar and then max out Inquisitor’s Seal.

• Continue progressing the Inquisitor bar to 32 points and put 1 point into Steel Resolve.

• Take the bar to 40 and put 1 point into Storm Spread and 1 point into Arcane Empowerment. Storm Spread provides us with a cone of lightning when it procs and is great for triggering any damage procs you might have on your gear.

• Push Inquisitor to 50 points and then max out Aura of Censure. This is one of our sources of resistance shredding, not to mention a free damage aura.

• Now it’s time to (finally) max out the Firestrike line. Take Firestrike to 12 hard points and progress the bar to 20.

• You want to juggle skill points (if needed) in Vindictive Flame to keep it at 11/16 total points. Also at this point, take 1 point in Temper and 7 points in Ulzuin’s Wrath for the 69% chance to knockdown targets. Yes, I am a child. If you’re a more mature person, then 10 points will get you a nice round 20% reduced target’s damage number. Boring. Also put 1 point into Static Strike. We’re not doing lightning damage, but a value point is probably worth taking.

• Next we push the Demolitionist bar to 32 points and max out Thermite Mines. These are another way we have of reducing enemy resistances. Also important here to take 10/12 in Blast Shield. This is the best circuit breaker in the game, and 10 points is a nice cut off where it starts to give you less effect for more points.

• When you start to feel a bit squishy, put 1 point into Flashbang and 6 points into Searing Light. This will cause monsters you hit with it to miss about 30% of their attacks against you. Feel free to skip this one though, as it is an extra skill to manage and you have to throw it out every 5 seconds. Otherwise, push the Demolitionist bar to 50 points and take Brimstone.

• From here to 100, put more points into Flame Touched and the Word of Renewal line. Vigor and Steel Resolve are both very strong skills and you should aim to at least soft cap them.

@Paikis I just noticed that the Grim Tools doesn’t contain weapon or jewellery augments and the whole guide doesn’t even contain the word “augment” :stuck_out_tongue:

Paikis - I am normally an exclusive pet player but I will give this build a try because it sounds very intriguing - looking forward to the light show. Also regarding DW versus 2 handed rifle - if someone has a better idea about using a different weapon/method of leveling a Purifier then they should create their own build guide don’t you think?

Thanks for answering the question. Thought that maybe pistols have a unique mechanic to them, that I wasn’t aware of, but I guess not.

In a perfect world, yes. What we’re left with in reality, is a single incomplete guide.

Keep it civil folks.

i would like a bit more info on how the gun components work / how to get them as a first time through player

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you mean exactly? There’s detailed info in the opening post on what gear to use, levelling, devotions, etc.

mainly the components and how i should get them. i did take a look and see the components but “For affixes, ideally you want a fire damage proc, so Infernal is the best option. Other damage procs can be used though, Enchanters, Incanters or Aetherfire are probably the next best in that order.” infernal doesn’t make sense to me or how i should acquire the component

Infernal is not a component, it’s a prefix on the gun. You have to craft the gun, so craft a few of them until you get one of those prefixes, ideally an Infernal Shrapnel Pistol, though as I said, Enchanter’s, Incanter’s or Aetherfire would also be OK.

As for components, Seal of the Void is a blueprint that can drop around level 75 or higher and will require crafting. Prior to that, Devil-Touched Ammo is probably the go-to. This is a rare(ish) drop from various monsters and chests. It might take a few levels before you have 2, use Flintcore bolts until then.

Added some pictures and made the text bigger for headings for TqFan. Also added extra line spaces, so now the same information takes up an extra half a screen. Enjoy. It was interesting to see that the formatting had changed from when I wrote it. I didn’t even know that * was the same as - for staring a bullet-point line, but there we go. Also, if anyone knows how to embed video links directly, let me know. Currently just a picture with a link under it.

1 Like

Awesome replay thank you very much!

You just post a link (sometimes you need to make an empty line before / after it for the hyperlink to change into an embedded video)

The difference is like night and day :+1:

Doesn’t work inside [details] unfortunately. Oh well, fixed. Also added grimtools from actual playthrough.

1 Like

It does work in details. At least in these ones. I see you use some different ones

Click me

Nice.