[1.2.1.0] Beginner's Fire Pet Cabalist

What’s the advantage of cabalist over ritualist? I just love skeletons, and I’m thinking on which one to build.

Cabalist will do certain damage types a bit better, with different pets.

The main difference though is that Ritualists will be (a bit) tankier, and Cabalists will be (a bit) gankier. They’re both good and I’ve killed everything in the game with both types of pet builds.

1 Like

If let’s say I’m building a skelemancer to beat the hardest content in the game aka celestials with least micro/“piano” possible, which class should I pick? Cabalist or ritualist?

I would use Cabalist for that. If I was going to make a Ritualist to kill Celestials, I would use the Blightfiends and Briarthorns rather than Skeletons.

1 Like

Interesting, so skeleton is the deciding factor here. What if I just want the least micro intensive summoner to deal with celestials?

Sorry for the many questions btw, and thank you for being patient with me.

A Ritualist or Conjurer with a heavy blue devotion map is probably your best bet. I personally hate the playstyle of walking simulators, so you’ll have to use a different guide for that.

1 Like

Understood, thank you. Judging from what you’ve said, it seems like each of the summons have their own “pairings of set”, like Lost Souls would be suitable for Hellhound + Skeletons, hence Cabalist. I’ve also read about Ghol, which seems to be only focused on Acid Fiends. May I know what are all the final possible set combos for a Skelemancer please?

1 Like

Hi,
I have a question, which blacksmith should I choose in act 1? Doesn’t it matter that much? And which faction should I join in the second act?

1 Like

Well, if you already have Necromancer you can’t join Kymon’s, they won’t accept you. So it has to be the Order.

1 Like

ok :slight_smile: that’s my first Necro playtrough and I don’ know about this restriction. Thx

1 Like

Yes, the Order isn’t as fussy if you’re an Inquisitor, but Kymon’s absolutely refuse Necros. If you do want to join them then you need to hold off getting Necro as your second mastery until after you’ve joined them. Then they’ll grumble a bit, but won’t throw you out.

1 Like

@Paikis I’ve been levelling this in lieu of my Conjurer and it has been so much fun, thanks! 1 question though, you mentioned about the Fleshwarped Archive giving physical res to your pets, but they seems to no longer do. So would you still recommend the Archive?

Absolutely. It’s got a pile of Hellhound bonuses and there isn’t really a good option for skeletons.

1 Like

How about Black Grimoire of Og Napesh?

You can use it if you have it. This guide only uses MIs and other target-farmable items. Technically I think you can force the blueprint here, but the Fleshwarped Archive is probably better regardless. Assuming you get one with good affixes… which you can because you can buy them from a vendor.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but doesn’t Korvaak’s Burning Blade convert phys and vitality to fire?

Yes. I must have been drunk when I wrote that. You want 100% of Physical and Vitality converted to Fire.

Can you please link your endgame Lost Souls GT? So I would know how to farm in endgame.

1 Like