If you are level 9 already, you can pretty much turn off yellow items in the loot filter.
There is almost no item you’d want to use, that’s yellow.
Items in GD can be “normal” base items or “monster infrequent” items (MIs).
The normal items are the ones that can be yellow in the filter, if they have two common magic affixes. After level 10 or so, they stop being useful, as you will always find plenty of rares with better stats, resistances etc.
The monster infrequent ones are always shown in green, but also marked with a symbol next to their name (a little gem).
So even if you filter out all “magic” yellows, you will never miss out on MIs.
They have a lot of bonus stats, even if the skill bonus isn’t useful for your build.
If you want to know what affixes are useful for pets, you can use Grimtools and search for “pets”, filter out blue and purple rarity - and then scroll down to the affixes.
It honestly doesn’t really matter what skill you put it on. If you have a different attack skill, go ahead and put it on that. If you don’t have one, take 1 point in Bloody Pox and use that.
The first grimtool link in the guide has it though.
Hello, please tell me, if I have all the things of the lost souls, then what changes do I need to make in the assembly? Change the component or piety? And the second question, what can you take instead of a wolf?since I play Steam Deck and I can’t activate the bloody OSPUb
It’s been ages since I last played Grim Dawn, Before forgotten gods to be sure. I used one of Mayas Conjurer builds then, a walking simulator is what many seem to refer to it as now. That was very easy mode for sure and great fun. I was looking for a more active pet build on my return with the news of a new expansion in the future, so this build was perfect and has been immense fun so far just getting into act 2 currently, also been following along with your YT walkthrough as I go for reference but I’m sticking to the written guide more than your deviations in last playthrough. I’m skipping the forgotten gods stuff until level 27/28 since that seems to be best time to farm that one fire conversion weapon. Just playing the main story till then. Thanks for this well written guide and your detailed walkthrough on YT.
Is it fine to level with this build and then switch to Chaos Cabalist at endgame? If so, do I need to do anything differently from the campaign walkthrough, or is there anything else I should be aware of?
If you don’t have all of your gear and need to farm it in Ultimate:
Keep some side quests open on Ultimate, so you can use those to level the chaos devotion procs.
(I assume you want Hungering Void in the final build)
If you already have the full gear for Chaos Cabalist, you can just swap devo and skills at 94 and level the new devo map while you finish Ultimate (with an XP potion from Malmouth).
I just finished leveling a new character using this guide entirely in 1.3. Extremely smooth leveling experience; would use again for any other Necro-based pet build. I forgot to grab a snapshot of my final character sheet before I twinked it with stashed gear, but I used most of the same MIs as in the guide along with whatever blues and purples I found or had stashed. At 94, I then swapped over to a Lost Souls build that Paikis recommended on reddit. It should be similar or identical to the one he linked above.
He recommended I change the devos around cause “Mog isn’t what it used to be.” This is what I came up with. I’d like some feedback on the devotion setup cause I don’t have much experience with build crafting. I didn’t have a second Spiritbinder Glyph or the belt so I had sub those out. Also don’t mind my augments; they’re still kind of wack cause I’m still working on rep grind despite increased gain with the Mandates.
Finished levelling my cabalist with this build. Didn’t follow everything to the letter due to rng of the drops, some arrived very late but all in all, zero deaths while levelling, very safe, no struggles with anything really, just takes some time to kill stuff the closer your are to lvl 100 which is completely fine.