[1.2.1.0] Spicy Blights - 1.2m Blight Fiend Crits - Cr170, SR 80+

GrimTools: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

3x Spicy Blights all dealing big AOE hits of 600-700k, and occasionally doing a 900k-1.2m spike crit on enemies = a good time and a very fast and clean run.

Blight Fiend has a 0.9s recharge timer on it, so it’s very quick to get all three up and running. They each last for 12 seconds, so there’s plenty of up time with all three. With these three, plus a taunting Hell Pupper, plus a taunting Eldritch Hound (AKA Spicy Goat), the build has potentially 5x taunting pets to keep aggro away from the player. As a result, with the very high damage and rapidly-recastable DPS machine meat shields, this build is very stable and very fast.

This build does use some greens, but don’t worry too much about the suffixes and prefixes. If you need more aether/chaos resist, swap out the amulet’s augment. Everything else is just ‘nice to have’, not ‘must have’.

Video of SR 75. Skip to 1:40 to see the 1.2m crit. Otherwise, enjoy watching the speedy carnage.

Without really pushing for time, I cleared SR 75 in about 4:20 or so. Not the fastest, but certainly not bad!

Side note: I did try doing a 4 blights build using the full Ghol set. But, I found that you needed to be incredibly precise with recasting a blight fiend on the ~3 second mark every time; Using the ghol set means a 3s cooldown instead of a 1s cooldown time. But keeping this precise amongst your other buffs, debuffs and evades is quite hard to do. I found the overall playstyle of trying to maintain four added a lot of stress to the build, and more often than not, I’d end up with 3 blights because I’d missed a recast.

With the current set up, all three blights get 20% total damage buff. With the full Ghol set, this is not the case, but you potentially get a fourth blight to make up the damage, and some additional acid RR and pet. However, I found that subjectively, the set up shown in this post (without full Ghol set), the playstyle is more fluid and fun and relaxed, and with better damage outcomes.

PS: These sorts of moments are fun :smiley:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I thought you finished SR 75-76 in less than 5 minutes xD

2 Likes

Oh! No, sorry if it was misleading xD

Thank you Papa Nurgle :3 (aka Nurg-Daddy)

1 Like