[1.2.1.2] Fire Sigil and Doom Bolt Pyromancer [SR 75] [Lokarr] [Mogdrogen] [Ravager of Flesh] HC viable

Screenshot 2024-07-08 112939

Would you really like to know about our lord and savior Chthon?

Version 2 (only the devotion setup changed from previous)

Old version

Introduction

This is my endgame version of the HC Beginner Pyromancer guide. The beginner guide can branch to other builds, but I really wanted to play Fire Doom Bolt, so this made the most sense to me.

The build fully converts Sigil of Consumption and Doom Bolt into Fire damage, and balances offense and defense as it is a Hardcore build.

Pros and Cons

Pros

• Main damage skills are fully converted to Fire
  • Durable as a caster
  • Has multiple layers of defense
  • Double Fire RR class
  • Farms SR 75-76 and Lokarr easily with decent play (please do not mindlessly facetank everything)
  • You are playing one of the not-so-popular classes in the game
  • Your Doom Bolt is lit :damage_fire:

Cons

• Needs to farm good affixes for the MIs
  • Plays as a pianomancer (you have 5 active skills and Blood of Dreeg uptime)
  • Energy-intensive in longer fights
  • Most of the damage requires the enemy to stand still
  • Visual clarity issues (you’re mostly setting the ground on fire and there’s a lot of meteors)
In-Game Stats screenshots

The Acid and Chaos damage parts on the Sigil is from the Retaliation added to Attack from Okaloth’s Visage; the base skill and Destruction node are fully converted to Fire.

Build Showcase Video Clips (old version)

DISCLAIMER

I changed the armor augments for the Mogdrogen and Ravager fights; nothing else changed in the build. Mogdrogen/Ravager build

Lokarr

SR 75 boss room

Mogdrogen

Ravager of Flesh

Feedback and Final Thoughts

I was honestly surprised that the build managed to kill Ravager, as SR 75 was already a decent goal as a Hardcore character. This can still be min-maxed as some of the item slots are flexible.

I’ve definitely enjoyed building and playing this character, and I hope you have fun with it as well. Remember rule #1: just don’t get hit. :scorv:

3 Likes

Changelog:

• only the devotion setup changed to be more defensive
  • removed [HC] tag, the build is more or less HC-viable

DISCLAIMER
Before watching the version 2 Ravager clip:

• I have already killed Ravager on this new version with decent play, so I decided to not play safe on the video clip to showcase the build’s limitations. You will see why when you watch it.
Version 2 video clips

SR 81 boss room

Lokarr full facetank

Ravager of Flesh

Yes, the death was intentional. I’m already done with the character, and I don’t feel bad about losing it.

Nice Pyro build! Looks hot.

1 Like

Honest question: why do you think this build is good for Hardcore? On your videos you run for your life quite a lot and most serious altercations seem to be dangerous for that Pyro. You don’t have exceptional HP/Phys res/armor/sustain either.

My goal for the build is to farm SR 75-76 and at least Lokarr for Celestials without falling over like paper. I think that’s a good benchmark for Hardcore. The build has enough damage and defenses for these.

The only fight that I really had to keep distance was with Ravager because I am aware of the build’s limitations, as you’ve mentioned. I never intended for the build to kill Ravager in the first place, but it can with safe play. On the Mogdrogen fight, I only reposition to avoid the Sunder AoE.

Yeah, I totally understand that. I just feel like it’s stretching the term “Hardcore build” a bit too thin, i.e. every build that can kite and not completely fall apart can be labeled Hardcore by this logic without the need of extra defensive cushions and extra sustain layers.

Again, not trying to start a fight and call your build bad, I think it’s decent for what it is (I would still find ways to cap slow and freeze resistance tho as ability to kite and not get stopped by cc is crucial here). I just think that Hardcore label here is given more subjectively and thru the prism of your own experience.

1 Like