[1.2.1.2] Ghost of Aether: 4:00 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Shard 90, Ravager, Callagadra - elite melee performance on a budget - Aether Reaper

Looks almost like an original. Missing of Vitality and then some Elemental overcap (can get it from maybe a different chest).

How hard was it to get Blaze Heralds? What about the chest?

I found like 3/4 different aetherfire bh of aether, another fifteen useless and then that single aetherfire bh of alacrity. In general it took around 25 run to get both. The chest which is not definitive (as you noticed) seems longer because half of the run are wasted for the singed plate.

1 Like

@mad_lee
English is not my native language and I donā€™t understand where the sarcasm is in your messages, but keep posting your builds, I really like them, I play mostly your builds =)

1 Like

Transmuting epic sets only costs scrap and some crystals (I donā€™t count Polished Emeralds as a cost). Plus there arenā€™t that many lvl 94 epic sets, so itā€™s pretty easy to transmute into the Magelord rings. Since you farm Blaze Heralds on this build, the crystal cost should be easily covered, just boom some legendaries for the scrap and youā€™re good. Both the rings on my char were transmuted, no issue at all.

3 Likes

Yes, thanks, I recover both rings too with this system.

I think this build is really interesting!

Best of all itā€™s not using crazy double rare MIā€™s :exploding_head:

Good stuff and Praise the Sun! :>

1 Like

Congrats on fatherhood! Must be pretty cool. They donā€™t stay young for long, enjoy it now.

Sick build too.

2 Likes

I really like to try this build. Anyone has a beginner build guide ? Since this guide is oriented for the end game

Itā€™s not hard to level it, you donā€™t need a different setup. Start with nightblade and go on dualwielding until you can get a couple of blaze herald. Beronath is at 55, but you can manage with standard attack easily until that level. Has been fun and in this topic you can find a good solution to get both blue rings. Good luck!

I recommend leveling Cold ABB + Lethal Assault with Francis Gun + Off-hand in Act 1.
Dual Wield with Cold Weapons from Spined Cove in Act 2 and more skills till you can get the Blaze Heralds weapons near Homestead, then you can focus on Aether damage.

If you do pure default attack + wps like in the target build itā€™s gonna be meh I think both in terms of single target and AoE early on.

Thank you man :smiley: , I will follow those advices. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Thanks for this build! I just love Nightblade (basically all my toons are Nighblade + some other class :b ) and was looking forward to play with one that demolishes everything with aether damage. The leveling process for this build is smooth: start as Necro, max Spectral Binding. Then Nightblade, just for the Dual Blades in the beginning and use any weapon with Aether damage that you can find. Then, max Spectral Wrath and youā€™re good to go. By level 35 the build just wrecks everything, because you have access to the Blaze Heralds swords. Then I rushed to Theodin Marcel, because by level 40 you can use his Heart, and that skill is great for proccing skeletons. Basically, thatā€™s it. Thanks a lot! Iā€™m having a lot of fun

3 Likes

Do tell a story when you reach level 100 and play it fully maxed out or close to that.

This reminds me of Grey-Maybeā€™s DW Aether Reaper build, which was one of my all time favorites. Did you toy with Heart of Theodin Marcell and fleshwarped strikes? If so, what made you choose to go dual Blaze Herald?

Pushing level 70 with your iteration and having a blast with it.

1 Like

Yeah, the idea of Aether melee Reaper appeared since aether rr to VoS mods were added to the game (and maybe even earlier). Even Grey thanks banana there for the original concept. We were bringing up Aether Reaper during the top20 testing but it was before Aether was massively buffed. And then @KoS9K who is in our discord posted his version (it had Marcellā€™s scepter) recently and I thought it could be done better and this is how I ended up with this build in the end.

Yeah, I tested Mindwarp and Theodin scepter but dual Blaze Heralds proved to be the best.

Small update of my clone: never found the perfect combination of MI, decided to stop. It works pretty well in any case and one itā€™s one of my favourite char together with the warborn dk (which miss the damned formidable kubakabra pants of the stupid eagle, lol).

The build is for end game but itā€™s really quite generous :partying_face:

Krieg set is target farmable you can do this on Elite diffculty :> (it will be interesting to see if FoA has more target farmable sets :melting_face:) and the other pieces are either a combination of rare prefix with a magic suffix or a magic prefix with a rare suffix

@tqFan has answered your question but an alternative way to level a Nightblade is using maxed out ShadowStrike I always found it very fun :money_with_wings:

1 Like

iirc, not 100% sure, RektbyProtoss had a dual wield melee reaper video/levelling video?

iirc you had* correct weapons and decent chest, also perfect combination would be double rares anyway, so itā€™s basically as long as you are roughly covering all bases in terms of resist overcaps, OA/DA and %damage.

Can also work with the similiar reaper pants. Or even with Barbaros (if you can cover res which might be difficult).

1 Like

@mad_lee hey mate I hope all is well and congratulations again on fatherhood that must be keeping you very busy :exploding_head:

Soā€¦ I did some testing last night with the build and it is an absolute powerhouse! The damage is phenomenal

However, after not playing GD for about 3.5 years I am still getting used to this Sunder and dodge mechanic and have been getting slapped by both Calla and the Ravager (I also need to ā€œgit gudā€) but everything else just gets completely obliterated

You also mentioned that Aether damage was buffed, and it is noticeable. I went back and played my Krieg Spellbinder, Dreadscorcher Purifier and Rutnick Oppressor and noticed they all have a lot higher DPS now

1 Like