⭐ [1.2.1.2] SSF HC Beginner Chaos FoI Purifier Build

Build

Introduction

Hi there, this is my first attempt at making a beginner build, I leveled this char on HC SSF, SSF stands for Solo Self Found, this means i haven’t used any resources, blueprints or gear from previous runs, i have wiped out the saves and began playing.

I chose Flames of Ignaffar as my main damage dealing skill because i haven’t seen an up to date SSF HC beginner guide for FoI and in general this skill is often forgotten by the community due to it’s clunky mechanics.

The goal was to create an easy to build char that can survive Ultimate difficulty and cover the main campaign.

The build revolves around the Faction Weapon - Solael’s Devourer, this weapon is certainly weird, it grants Weapon Damage to FoI but at the same time it’s a ranged weapon with low weapon damage, additionally it’s a ranged weapon you are forced to use in melee due to FoI short attack range. In my opinion a simple Obsidian Juggernaut would outperform the Devourer even without modifiers for FoI just because it has twice as much flat damage, you even get some RR if you picked a Deceiver class, on the other hand with the Devourer we can use Hydra constellation for its Max Movement Speed bonuses.

I chose the Purifier class but you can level a Deceiver, the reason why i haven’t picked Occultist is because the Occultist class lacks Chaos Resistance Reduction and Casting Speed, while it does grant quite a bit flat chaos damage and %chaos damage bonuses i still decided to stop on the Purifier.

Leveling:

NOTE: I started as Inquisitor and leveled with FoI, i know its not optimal and its faster to level with WoP or Blackwater Cocktail, i just liked role-playing as a flamer.

NOTE: I know that the Incendiary Casque is a fire oriented item but 80 flat damage bonus to Foi is just too great to be skipped.

NOTE: i used Rag’Nadar Maw, it’s a nice weapon you can get near the Homestead in the Blood Grove.

NOTE: The Bloodsworn Vestments from cultists and the Loghorrean’s Corruption are also nice support items for FoI.

NOTE: You can also get a nice pair of pants from the Hidden Path, Bysmiel-Sect Legguards are nice for it’s innate Health bonuses and Solael-Sect Legguards are nice for it’s life leech, the FoI deals weapon damage so healing from life leech is a viable choice.

NOTE: during the leveling the build has suffered a lot of changes, i was playing around with constellations trying to find the perfect fit, initially i thought that the Scales of Ulcama constellation is mandatory due to low energy regeneration of the class but i was wrong, once you get the Devourer the energy leech from Viper and Spark is sufficient in most cases. I also decided to drop the Revenant constellation, it has a lot of nice bonuses but because of my class choice i lack %chaos damage bonuses so i picked Abomination instead, additionally i have flat RR from the weapon. You can see the final constellations here.

The final build

The final Build might look like this: Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Edit: i forgot to mention that you can also farm Bloodsworn Sigil from Thalonis and Abbaddoth, but it’s a pain to farm it, its drop rate is around 40% and you have to go to the second level of the Necropolis.

Youtube

The raw YouTube run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13whCWbX1uU&list=PL7yG77eS6HQS1ylM_4V7Akgt_rFhP672K

4 Likes

nice one! gz! Gonna try a FoI build sooner or later :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for sharing this build. I create the account just to share my gratitude and appreciation for your work and effort. I will try this build.