[1.3.0.7] [Melee] Cold/Bleed Veilwalker [Ravager, Mogdrogen] [SR 36+] [Crucible 200]

Hello,
this build deals mainly cold damage and revolves around Onslaught + Bone Harvest. You can level with those skills as well, using a Wight Frost Edge. It is a fairly tanky build, thanks to the insane sustain (regen and life leech), untamed rage + prismatic diamond (with Tree of life), mark of torment, decent HP and armor (thanks to Terrobullum), reduced damage from DeathShriek, high DA, good cc resists etc. Also, it has insane -rr (Murmur, Crown, Bonechilling cry, Judicator seals, Spectral wrath…). Most of the damage comes from (maxed) WPS and Onslaught, but Bone Harvest gives a nice bonus on top of that. Attack speed is maxed out thanks to constant Bloodmane and Amatok’s Grasp buffs, which grants 12 Onslaught stacks as soon as Bone Harvest comes off CD. We crit a lot, thanks to the abundant -X defensive ability procs and OA boosts. Eye of Korvaak + Amatok steps also help a lot with crowd control.
Use Leap for movement and Ulo devotion.

Damage is really good (it can kill fast) and the build can facetank most bosses. It can facetank Mogdrogen and almost all nemesis (Ascendant mode). Ravager of minds is a problem with his totems, so you can’t facetank him, but you can kill him relatively fast. You can easily kite and kill the Dread. The DOT comes in handy, so you don’t necessarily have to facetank to deal high damage, but… I’m lazy, so I tend to facetank most of the times.

I could not try the build with Callagadra, Lokarr or Crate, because I can’t be bothered to do the quests and I did not drop a single Celestial essence…

I beat gladiator 200 with tributes. I don’t know if you can do it without them; you can try if you want.
You can push SR36+. I did not try over 38, because it gets slow and dangerous when you get to fight some nemesis like Shriek etc. Also, the Steam Deck starts chugging! You can farm 35-36 quite fast and within the timer though.

Lastly, you don’t need ascendant bonuses. Infact, I did not optimize them IRL.
Have fun!

3 Likes

I’m going to try this build out next. I got this crazy drop and I’m curious if it’ll be better than the 2H you’re using.

Are you actully getting any bleed damage with only 359 base? That seems almost non existant for ascendant, I’d want at least 3-4k base and 2.3k-2.5k bonus% for a hybrid build like this. With such low bleed I’d just play wight’s frost edge and go pure cold, veilwalker can easily hit over 3000% cold bonus and over 3.5k weapon damage with that baby

Also does the build really need tree of life to survive? Feels awkward compared to going something like mogdrogen/huntress/leviathan route for bleed rr and better damage. Only one da shred will work at a time so korvaak won’t stack with da shred already on bonechilling cry. Getting flat rr from those rings means you can drop crown no? Rings are less flat than crown, but I thought the only rason people used them was to skip flat rr in devos

Why are you looking at ‘Weapon attack’ in Grim tools? That doesn’t really mean anything. The bleed is not negligible due to all the procs, buffs, rr, onslaught etc., but the build is mainly a cold build. The bleed is just a nice bonus that doesn’t cost anything. Also, I did use Wight frost edge before I switched to Deathshriek, and Deathshriek is much stronger. We attack so fast that Death’s Wail helps a lot, the +2 to all skills is nice and the weapon’s flat damage is HUGE! The build doesn’t really need better damage; it kills anything fast. It needs more survavibility, hence Tree of life. Without it you can’t facetank Ascendant Asterkarn Mogdrogen, for example, and both crucible and SR are harder. The build is fine on armor thanks to the potion, but its weakness is flat health… so tree of life helps greatly with that (and the skill is a nice bonus).
You are right about the rings; there are better choices. The build is not optimized. This is the ‘lazy’ choice. Da shred, no, it does stack since bonechiliing is flat -, and we crit costantly due to that. Which is necessary.