The classic Valdun sniper capable of regularly critting for 1M.
The build:
I am updating all my characters to FoA standards. I am mainly looking for recommendations on improving this build as the basis for posting this. I am a bit iffy on the pants, medal and ring choices specifically Bladetwister.
Pants have massive stats and allows me to wear jewelry without investing in spirit. I’m contemplating changing it to Kubacabra's Chausses - Rare Heavy Pants - Grim Dawn Item Database with double rare defensive stats but even with all my rerolling, I haven’t found a good replacement yet.
Medal is whatever but it gives massive health% and flat damage which is converted 100% to pierce.
Bladetwister gives an additional -10% pierce proc. But it is slow (3s recharge) and doesn’t really bring much else. Another Stone Thane would give flat damage, ADctH and skill points to Deadly Momentum and Aura of Conviction (more flat damage).
If someone uses this as a guide for their own characters, don’t be intimidated by the double rares. The important part for the shoulders is that the base is the heavy Iron Maiden Shoulderguard. The affixes can be Aggressive, Vitality, whatever you find. Its also easy to roll for double rares now that we have affix rerolling. Same for the gloves. Once you find the recipe, craft 3 then reroll. After 5-9 rerolls and still haven’t found good affixes? Craft again and reroll as needed. For me, the bottleneck to rerolling is actually iron bits but you can get this quickly from Shattered Realm and activate Ascension Alter with 2 iron bit modifiers to keep it safe.
PS. Good job Crate on finally having a legit iron bit sink. Crafting rares and legendaries while a legit use of bits is still niche and build dependent. Affix rerolling is useful to a wide range of builds. Rerolling item seed is also universally useful. Now we can target high rolls for all gear.