100k DPS Aetherknight, arcblade elemental/aether 2h melee battlemage tanky bamf!

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at a guide and a work in progress, I’ll be adding more gameplay footage, screenshots, etc in the near future so bear with me! Please bear in mind that this build is designed to look and feel awesome while still being strong enough to handle end game content, not to be the most op thing in the game. Any constructive feedback would be much appreciated.

Aetherknight

I came up with this build because I had a number of Temporal Arcblades sitting in my stash, and I wanted to find a use for this freaking badass weapon. It took some experimentation but I finally came up with a build for it that can clear all content in the game. The general idea is to turn all your physical damage into aether and elemental damage, and add flat elemental and aether damage to your cadence and autos. Here are the damage modifiers. You also end up with a decent amount of cdr so your bubble is a usually up should you need it.

Pros:

1. New player friendly (this could be a con for people who prefer more difficult gameplay), this build is mind numbingly easy to play, you won’t need your keyboard, only mouse.

2. Very tanky, this build boasts enormous amounts of hp regen thanks to menhir’s will and devotions, over capped resists, 25% damage reduction from war cry, 15% damage absorb from Maiven’s, a decent health pool, and decent amounts of armor. On the rare occasions you do need to kite, it’s easy to do so thanks to all the hp regen.

3. Medium dps, caps out a little over 100k. This Screenshot shows dps from autos/cadence/blitz around 75k, and once you add in all your procs from your gear/ devos/ and debuffs the total goes up quite a bit. It’s not the highest dps build I’ve ever made but it’s high enough to make end game bosses not feel too tedious.

4. Never runs out of energy

5. Looks badass

Cons:

1. Can be boring with so few abilities to manage

2. Can struggle vs reflect, have to use bubble and kite when it’s on cd

3. Annoying to level, I just used CT until i got agrivix’s malice, then switched to this build

4. Pretty gear reliant, I wouldn’t try to make this character without at least the sword and relic, but you probably want a couple other pieces as well

5. Some of the harder bosses require a lot of kiting and patience (fabius/ rashalga)

Playstyle:

1. Blitz in (left click)
  2. Flash freeze/ warcry (mouse wheel up/down)
  3. auto attack with cadence (right click)
  4. profit
  5. This will only happen against difficult bosses or if you are standing still while an enormous mob of ranged enemies are wailing away at you but if you drop below 5k hp, pop a potion, if you drop below 4k, use bubble, if both are on cd, kite for a few seconds until they are back
    -note: keep using blitz/war cry/ flash freeze as they come off cd

Gameplay:
2 min ultimate Longhorrean (could have done it faster but I messed up the fight a little)

Attributes: I went 20 spirit with the rest in physique but you could go more physique if you want, I think you only need 9 spirit for the jewelry

Skills/ Devos: GrimCalc before gear bonuses
-you will have to do some juggling to get the devos to this setup, take out the crossroads points as you no longer need them, the 1 point in the order crossroads node was my very last devo point, 5% hp was the best I could get with it. I put aetherbomb on cadence, elemental storm on blitz, and giant’s blood/ wayward soul can go on any of your toggle buffs.
Grimcalc with gear bonuses

Gear:
(Death’s vigil has good aether damage augs but I personally went kymon’s for the demonbane powder)

Weapon: Temporal Arcblade - wrathstone, potent aether dust (BL)
Head: Iskandra’s Hood - prismatic diamond, demonbane powder (Kymon)
Necklace: Iskandra’s Focusing Prisim - dreadskull, survivor’s perseverance (DC)
Rings: Open Hand of Mercy, closed fist of vengance (these are not necessary, you can just use green rings with tank stats and resists. - I went mark of illusions for a little more damage but corpse dust is probably the better option, especially for hardcore, survivor’s preseverance (DC) and breath of life (rovers)
Chest: Iskandra’s Vestments - kilrian’s shattered soul, demonbane powder (kymon)
Shoulders: Iskandra’s Pauldrons - antivenom salve, venomguard powder (rovers)
Pants: Wraithborne Legwraps (you could also use one of the Hidden Path green legs if you find a good roll) - antivenom salve, demonbane powder (kymon)
Hands: Handguards of Justice (some of the faction vendors have good green hands before you have your bis. Aethereach is also a good option if you can make up the loss of resists and attack speed) - consecrated wrappings, venomguard powder (rover)
Boots: Golemborn Greaves - mark of mogdrogen, demonbane powder (kymon)
Belt: Tinker’s Ingenuity or a green belt to balance resists - rigid shell, demonbane powder (kymon)
Medal: Mark of Anathema (This is bis even though you can’t use the proc because you don’t have a caster offhand). If you don’t have this one just use a badge of mastery or mark of divinity - black tallow
Relic: Agrivix’s Malice