1st 100, feedback request

So I just got my first character to 100. Working my way through the campaign on Ultimate at the moment but looking for any tips to optimize my current build.
Running an acid/poison Dervish atm, current set up: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BqeYWN

I followed this build for the most part https://www.requnix.com/gaming/grim-dawn-builds/miss-meltycakes-dual-wield-melee-acid-poison-dervish

Aside from the obvious of getting better gear and shoring up resists, just curious of any ways I could tweak it to up the performance as far as skill point/devotion expenditure etc - basically is there any obvious evidence of noobery in my current set up.
Thanks

1 Like

Oh boy.

There are two Acid/Poison Dervishes I’d recommend:

(God, these names :rofl: )

grey’s is much newer (built for current patch) but also has a far higher item requirement. I’d start with shooting for Dmt’s setup and, from there, working toward grey’s if you want to push things even further.

As to specific parts of your build:

• You don’t gain much of anything by investing more than one point into Guardians of Empyrion.
  • You do get some good damage from maxing Nidalla’s Hidden Hand, but you’d get even more by improving the proc chances and potential of your various weapon pool skills (WPS). Most agree - getting your Nightblade WPS to 19-20% (4-5 points in each) proc chance is a paramount priority. Getting more still into Execution is usually worthwhile too.
  • You can take Smite to further reduce the chances you will use a simple basic attack.
  • Unless you can hit 24/16 investment in Righteous Fervor, there is no real reason to go above 16/16.
  • More points in Ascension is all but a must, defensively.

And finally, stay away from Requnix builds. In addition to being uniformly old and outdated, even when they were written they weren’t especially good or, at times, even sensible.

Neat. I mostly picked it for ease of following along. Perusing the builds on the forum was kinda going over my head when I started out.

Thanks

1 Like

Most of the builds in the compendium are endgame builds. You should look in the Builds for Beginners section for builds with levelling guides, devotion pathing, gear, etc.

Not sure whether it’ll be usefull for the OP, but i’ve tried this beginner-friendly setup for AA dervish, because Val’s build is a bit outdated, there are a lot of “new” MIs now.
Here it is: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28oXjyN
All MI items have been farmed during like 1 or 1.5 hours, and affixes can be completelly arbitary, just make sure to close all resistances nicely.
Bought this medal by re-rolling merchant in Grove.
Tested it vs Grava, Kuba, Slathsarr and full grove, also have finished SR65-66 with it.

1 Like

Gooble: GRATS ON YOUR FIRST LEVEL 100!!! WOOT! RAWR!

1 Like

LoL those scepters, why they are labeled as scepter I wonder, skill bonusses and other stats clearly belongs to a mace/sword/axe…

Voidspire and Empyrion Mercy are also scepters, although they’re clearly meant for AA.
So scepters legitimately can be used like maces.

So I’ve learned. Still to me to using scepters for AA is not a logical thing(Maybe because of all the previous games I’ve played), but if game has them, builds has them. Nice beginner version, though those rings is very hard to obtain.

Congratulations on hitting 100! If Warlord or Malawiglen were around they would follow this comment with something sassy, but hey I think its a big deal. It took me a couple years to hit 100. I was learning everything myself through experimentation and didnt know there was a forum with a whole community of players regularly posting and extremely active and passionate about the game, so i had no one to help me figure things out. It truly felt like a real accomplishment when i finally made it, so welcome!

2 Likes

I wonder how many hits they can take before they shatter like a wooden table leg. The carpenter in Devil’s Crossing must love the business.

Spam ABB dervish

I made some of the revisions suggested - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gOYwy2 Increasing the WPS makes sense. I’m still figuring out some of these mechanics so these tips are very useful. thank you

1 Like