Updated for 184.108.40.206
GT link and in-game stats (with Lethal Assault, Pneumatic Burst, Ascension, Righteous Fervor and Dying God) if you are lazy to read the whole text.
Skills and devotions explanation
Let’s start from main points in skills distribution:
- Maxed Amarasta’s Blade Burst is the main DPS skill dealing significant AoE damage and applying huge DoTs.
- Softcapped Righteous Fervor. I don’t see much difference between 16/16 and 24/16 RF. So I dropped points for smth more useful. But in theory 24/16 RF has more weapon damage that helps you to lifeleech better. Feel free to experiment
- 7 points in Anatomy of Murder. Racial damage helps much with Alex (he has 94% poison res) on wave 161 wave and Anasteria on wave 169.
- Maxed Ascension protects you against DoT damage. Also it’s a good source of damage (+216% to all damage and 11% OA). And, finally, it’s your source of CC res.
First of all, you need to learn that Venomblade Dervish is a kind of unique melee build. Dervish doesn’t have good damage reduction like Inq, no % absorption like Arcanist, no Mirrors, Marks of Torments or Blastshields ect.
Instead Venom has cooldown reduction (CDR) and different safe abilities. Each abilities helps you in its turn:
- First proc - Resilience
- Second - Prismatic Diamond
- Third - Ghoulish Hunger
- Fourth - Blade Barrier
The right rotation should be like that:
Resilience -> Prismatic Diamond + Pneumatic Burst heal -> Ghoulish Hunger -> Blade Barrier (if necessary) -> Aeon proc.
Aeon allows you to keep up Ascension for almost 100% time.
The conclusion: you may have slightly better damage output with classic devotion map. But if you want to do some serious business, I recommend you the CDR setup.
Gear explanation and alternatives
Note: craft all items for stun res.
Obviously the Vileblade set is a core of the build, and you can’t replace its items.
- For better res overcups you should use one Deathguard Sigil and one Ring of the Black Matriarch. If you may use two Sigils, two Matriarchs or this rings.
- Purple Beronath may be replaced with Essence of Beronath, Pestilence of Dreeg or Conduits.
- Shoulders are the BiS. You may use Shattered Realm Mantle, Dawnshard Pauldrons, Radaggan’s Mantle or Zantarin’s green shoulders.
- Gloves are arguable. This ones are the BiS for more DPS thanks to flat, crit and Lethal Assault bonuses. For better tankyness you may change it to this. Also Viperfang Grips are possible.
- For boots good alternative is Venomspine Greaves. If you don’t have it, use anything to cup your res.
- If you don’t have right medal, use Mark of the Forbidden, it’s only slightly worse than
- Mark of Lethal Intents.
- Belt can be replaced with Spellbreaker Waistguard or Mythical Blade Breaker Sash.
- Possible alternative for relic - Nidalla’s Outbreak.
- Barbaros can be switched to Nidalla’s Legwraps, Venomskin Legwraps or Slithscale Legwraps.
In 220.127.116.11 Crucible is much harder then ever. You can’t play mindlessly anymore. There are some key points
- Don’t play basketball with Aleksander, avoid his meteors.
- Focus on the bottom left corner. There are Alex, Reaper, Grava coming out from this there on nemesis waves. Both Reaper and Grava have low poison res and die fast. Alex isn’t so dangerous without meteors.
- Grava uses his manaburn in Cruci. It deals significant damage. If you aren’t sure you can survive this, use blade barrier.
- On wave 159 kill Sentinel first
- Beware wave 168 with Gargoyles
- On wave 169 kill Anasteria first as fast as possible - blink with rune and Shadow Strike her. Then kill Dravis if he appeared.
Since 18.104.22.168 SR75 is no more farm and fun run. It’s the toughest test for the build. If you want to conquer this, be ready to the some butthurt
Besides some RNG and unbeatable combos, several enemies are dangerous one by one. The most dangerous are:
- Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker. Million of fumble and debuffs, Nullification and high melee damage
- Anasteria, Wrath of the Aether. The worst RR in the whole game. That’s it.
- Father Kymon, Avatar of Korvaak. His John Cena jump can be the last thing you will see.
- Theodin Marcell has monstrous melee damage even on SR65. On SR75 he can literally oneshot you with autoattack.
- Slathsarr Aethergaze. I don’t see any reason why this bitch has such fumble and damage.