2-h physical Forcewave Witchblade - "The Unstoppable Force" (Gladiator crucible farmer)

But for flat absorb, i should go Inquisitor or GTFO.

Not really. I use skills fast enough to regain HP. If your HP bar gets empty in 0.5 seconds, you will be killed by random burst eventually, between hits, even. And i dont count on Ghoul proc - because i’d died sometimes for that! I play as if i dont have any Circuit Breakers, so when i got into real trouble, circuit breakers really save me. If i’d rely on them on regular basis, when shit happens, i’d be dead.
I’m proud, that since i equiped Leviathan in 1.0.3.1, i made 30+ Gladiator runs with extra spawns, and NEVER died in it. Not even once!

I have another opinion. Skill Disruption is my worst enemy, and whenever i get affected by it, it feels VERY dangerous. Hit speed doesnt matter, life leech doesnt matter if you ust CANNOT attack for up to 4 SECONDS. So, i believe, in BiS setup, there should be Mythical Leggings of Arcane Harmony or GTFO. And to have resist overcaps with that pants, and dont lose too much OA and cast speed, i should have Mythical Stonefist Rebuke.
I used shield build before, and i should say, while it feels tankier, its clear speed isnt good enough for me. Especially when fumble/impaired aim comes into play. And again, gear,gear, gear. Tried to farm Krieg’s set - got only chest and gloves so far. Still lacking 2 pieces of Markovian set. No full Warborn set yet, etc…

I did only like 8-9 clears so far, died once to Iron Maiden. Probably because of the lower phys resist? But I probably misplayed it as well. When skill disruption happens, just move a bit, it usually solves the problem. :slight_smile: It can still be quite dangerous, I agree, but actually Iron Maiden is the only real danger in the crucible for me.

It is a good question if this build would be better as a Tactitian, Inquisitor has some advantages and drawbacks, so I think overall they have about the same performance.

Yes, phys resist completely turns the tables. Iron Maiden doesnt feel any stronger that others nemesises, when i have 60%+ physical resist. That’s why i like Menhir’s Bastion so much (not to mention armour, ele res and 15% absorbtion on demand)!

Sure, i move a bit out of disruption pools, but those arent the only source of skill disruption. Some enemies can disrupt skills with other abilities, for example Darius Cronley can, and that’s why he’s dangerous. Some of those abilities disrupt skills for 3 or even 4 seconds, it’s damn long, actually.

I make a very similar build using a tactitian on hardcore.
I even wanted to post here, but since this build is made - in my build there is not much sense.
We do not need two identical builds, that working through the same skills, just made through different masteries.

I used Witchblade mostly because he can reduce physical resist and has additional bonus to physical resist (so i believe Witchblade has higher DPS). Inquisitor has seal, but it isnt hard to just charge out of ground AoE, if you have skill disruption resist. And what more important - i didnt wanted to level up a character from scratch, just used my good old Witchblade that was there before AoM :)…

Thanks for posting your build, I was leveling based on the simple grimtool link, this is helpfull.

Why do you put more than a single point in blitz ? Is it really used as a source of damage ?

Do you think Possession might be a good choice for the 100% disrupt resistance (and so you can choose any leg armor), or do you lose too much OA ?

Is there any way to reduce Forcewave CD to almost 0s if left un-transmutted ? With the full set, the Pummeler and CDR ?

Blitz is used as a huge source of damage, yes.

Posession needs way too many points to get, not worth it.

The full Octavius set is a different build.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59519

I think Forcewave can be reduced to 1,2s with the best items. But it is an internal trauma dot-build so it is not even worth to reduce below that.

Leveling with my build is very easy.
You just start as Soldier, learn Forcewave with transmuter from ~3 level, and it will carry you over whole Grim Dawn, from Normal to Ultimate.

Because i HAVE spare points to spend, in first place :). I spam Blitz every CD anyway, because ~270 DA reduction + mobility is very cool. And maxing it adds nice extra damage without the need to press an extra button or spend extra time. Also, Blitz has the highest Weapon Damage among my skills, and thus, applies strong Internal Trauma DoT from its Weapon Damage (which works even better because of Octavius set pieces).

Yes, OA loss is my main concern about it. I will lose ~300 OA for that, and i’m not sure that loss can be compensated properly (After all, my build relies on crits, and its DPS will really suck with too low OA). Also, Possession requires more skillpoint investments, so you’ll have to remove some points from Blitz, or elsewhere.

You can reduce its CD to ~1 second, but reducing to something like 0.4 seconds or so is literally undoable in realistic, balanced build. If you want to use FULL Octavius set, you should use Forcewave and put few Cadence hits in between - and that will be quite different build.

I’ve been leveling and farming with a very similar build as well. Was trying to go elemental originally but the sword wont drop for me. Got the mythical rebuke and looked at your devotions and added meteor for inquisitor. My damage went up quite a bit. Thanks for the inspiration.

Finally got Mythical Stonefist Rebuke.
Used level 87 character to craft legendary weapons from Bella Fald, and got it for 10-th try (for character with ~85 level, you get only lvl 82-84 legendaries, and have a very good chance to receive Mythical Stonefist Rebuke).

Now, i’m testing setup with Leggings of Arcane Harmony, Doom relic and Dying God constellation. I have to level up Hungering void, and then ensure that setup is doing fine VS all enemies in Crucible. Also thinking about Possession…

P.S. I earn all my items, components and iron in legit way, with farming, so it takes quite a time to develop build further. But i’m fine with it, for me, obtaining items vith cheats just kills all interest to the game.

Avenger of Cairn, you don´t use the mythical of this?.. Or it´s because you didn´t got it?..

And Handguard of Justice?, Why don´t Mythicals?..

Probably because he doesn’t have it

Look at the stats on the mythical version in item database and you’ll get the answer yourself

I didnt had mythical versions of several requires items, had to use non-mythical ones.
Now i got most mythicals i need and testing the new setup.
I will add some extra information to my guide, and post results, when i finish.

Mythical handguards of justice are pure trash for physical FW, cause they convert 50% damage into fire.

Ok, thanks so much, waiting for your changes, I´m starting to doing this nice build :)… Only to have a reference, How many damage yo do?..

You can see crit values in crucible on the video. It’s with buffs, though.

Without buffs, my FW sheet DPS is ~75k (in setup on video it was ~69k), without procs.
Real damage numbers depends on enemy stats (physical resist, monster type, etc). I have damage bonuses to Chronians and Undead, so i deal significantly more damage to them.

Overall, i believe my damage is enough for AoM and Crucible. Sure, there are builds with higher DPS, but i bet, >90% of them dont have as high defences as my build has, so essentially, they trade defences for DPS.

Ok, thanks for all, waiting your updates :), when you respect you will update it?, because I´m looking for items and I don´t want to loose any of your updates :)… Thanks for all…

I see you have kymon´s vision in the amulet, whats up If I have choose the other faction?..

What stats are the real we are looking for in the green ring?..

If you chosen another faction, you can use an augment from Devil’s Crossing and lose 25 OA or 36% physical damage, gaining +12% Aether resistance, that you dont need anyway.

I strongly advice you to choose Kymon’s Chosen for my build. I switched Death’s Vigil, for coinscience (that character used another build in the long past), but i still have ~20 augments from Kymon’s chosen left.
With my recent setup, i dont use Kymon’s augments anymore.
Will update my build on this weekend, most probably.

Ooook, coool thanks so much, your updated will help me a lot :slight_smile:

Updated my build/guide, as promised.

Using new setup, with Possession, Dying God constellation and Doom relic.

Arrrgh, I don´t have Doom blueprint, well thanks for the upadate man, so much appreciated… really thanks :slight_smile: